Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

http://imgur.com/a/R1z7y

Well the Havoc Marauder is almost done. Turns out it can get to munar orbit from kerbin orbit and back on a single tank of fuel. I also whipped together a small plane. 

http://imgur.com/a/x1VMN

Also I cannot get the stupid imgur album to work so have the link.

Edited by Snikersnee

14 minutes ago, Triop said:

Fiddling with some weird design...

vTlkntP.png

fbeyhIP.png

.Keeps nosediving, wonder why.... ^_^

Probably because the nose is already down.

ok I put the cargo frigate on hold, but I still need to put 4 150 ton battlecruisers in orbit. Any advice (other than debug and hyperedit?)

2 hours ago, max_creative said:

Probably because the nose is already down.

ok I put the cargo frigate on hold, but I still need to put 4 150 ton battlecruisers in orbit. Any advice (other than debug and hyperedit?)

Try strapping two large cores on either side (or four, if you need that many). That way, it won't be extremely tall. Oh, and lot's of reaction wheel! ;) 

*Professional diagram by me*

CYls9Kd.png

Trying to make an exploring ship that looks like the ship Raza from "Dark Matter"

Finally got it to look sorta the way I want and best of all, I made it a SSTO (Which I was never really good at making) with a stable 80k orbit with just over 200dv left to dock and refuel.

Now to tweak the RCS and reaction wheels and lights...I'm happy.  Sadly no shuttle bay and marauder.  

8IH6Vfm.png

The Raza from the show "Dark Matter"

dark-matter-1x11.jpg

18 hours ago, PointySideUp said:

Just barely touching now, not as snuggletastic.

Tne5fME.png

Looks like the yellow speeder from Attack of the Clones, except this one is better because it doesn't have a whining Anakin Skywalker in it!

Think I'll be releasing my advanced fighter aircraft pack pretty soon- likely tonight if things pan out.

IfR6KPm.png

yxAgCkD.png

Worked a bit on this new one, which I call the Banshee. Why do I call it that? Because it makes a tremendous noise as it hits the sound barrier right off the runway.

It's also able to brush into Mach 3+ territory, but it's not SSTO-capable... yet. I may work on it a bit to make a spaceflight-capable variant.

Another jet from the pack, the Ronin, got some work too: flight testing and minor tweaks to its aerodynamics.

I2R8FVx.png

2 minutes ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Imminent release on Bismarck, added ballast tanks, as my battleship was always pitched up in the front. Also added action groups for the guns.EEO1PbS.gif

Wow you guys and your crazy ships!

13 hours ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Imminent release on Bismarck, added ballast tanks, as my battleship was always pitched up in the front. Also added action groups for the guns.EEO1PbS.gif

You know the Bismarck had big swastikas on the bow and stern so friendly aircraft could identify it. That would be a pretty nice addition, but I'm not sure if it would fly on the forums. Maybe you could settle for a Maltese Cross or something.

1 hour ago, pTrevTrevs said:

You know the Bismarck had big swastikas on the bow and stern so friendly aircraft could identify it. That would be a pretty nice addition, but I'm not sure if it would fly on the forums. Maybe you could settle for a Maltese Cross or something.

Yeah, I'm going with the cross if I do go with the plan. Btw, I released the ship for downloading. :)