Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

1 hour ago, Heckspress said:

ok sure

I believe we have an aspiring politician over here... :P

Let me reword my suggestion: The Bismarck had swastikas painted on her bow and stern so any German aircraft that spotted her (friendly aircraft) wouldn't mistake her for a British ship, such as a King George V class battleship. I understand that a swastika may not be the best idea for an addition, so a Maltse Cross would likely be a good alternative.

Just now, pTrevTrevs said:

I believe we have an aspiring politician over here... :P

Let me reword my suggestion: The Bismarck had swastikas painted on her bow and stern so any German aircraft that spotted her (friendly aircraft) wouldn't mistake her for a British ship, such as a King George V class battleship. I understand that a swastika may not be the best idea for an addition, so a Maltse Cross would likely be a good alternative.

I understood, was just makin a joke:sticktongue:

More stable and powerful coaxial version of the minicopter using a bearing that fits into that single structural fuselage.

It's coming together. And I promise I will release the new Mega-truck sooner or later just trying not to over saturate the forum this week.

FB6B0C89DA1B7DDFDA5E2890913D3E100E1CCBB4

A0698340B2E7EB120F1AE89E26241CAC595E21F0

Edited by Jon144

42 minutes ago, Jon144 said:

More stable and powerful coaxial version of the minicopter using a bearing that fits into that single structural fuselage.

It's coming together. And I promise I will release the new Mega-truck sooner or later just trying not to over saturate the forum this week.

FB6B0C89DA1B7DDFDA5E2890913D3E100E1CCBB4

A0698340B2E7EB120F1AE89E26241CAC595E21F0

Are you... are you the master of bearings? 

10 hours ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Yeah, I'm going with the cross if I do go with the plan. Btw, I released the ship for downloading. :) 

That depends on the camo you want the ship based on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but;

The Bismarck was painted like this before Operation Rheinübung Did i spell it right? possessing the Swastikas.

nUEKjv5.png?forcedesktop=1

Mid-operation, it was painted over.

paintbism1941rheinub01sidesmall.gif

And note that below is her paint scheme when she battled with HMS Hood.

paintbism1941rheinub06sidesmall.gif

paintbism1941rheinub06abovesmall.gif

The swastikas were painted over, so I suggest you base it on that. 

...I just remembered your Bismarck was already released and I was out of likes for the day. Crap.

7 minutes ago, Columbia said:

That depends on the camo you want the ship based on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but;

The Bismarck was painted like this before Operation Rheinübung Did i spell it right? possessing the Swastikas.

nUEKjv5.png?forcedesktop=1

Mid-operation, it was painted over.

paintbism1941rheinub01sidesmall.gif

And note that below is her paint scheme when she battled with HMS Hood.

paintbism1941rheinub06sidesmall.gif

paintbism1941rheinub06abovesmall.gif

The swastikas were painted over, so I suggest you base it on that. 

...I just remembered your Bismarck was already released and I was out of likes for the day. Crap.

Well, I didn't know most of that. I know there was some painting done to make the ship harder to spot once it was damaged, but I didn't remember what exactly was done.

I'll be honest, the small amount of knowledge I have about naval warfare (that doesn't involve naval aviation) largely has to do with submarines.

You learn something new every day, I guess.

@pTrevTrevs I think it was in Norway then painted it over. I have an interesting contrast with you, the knowledge I have of Naval Warfare tends to be of surface ships.

@Columbia I'll release the version of the Bismarck soon, and a reduced parts version and the fake crane I made. But yeah, the current release is the one during the fight with HMS Hood, whose Keel I plan on laying soon.

One of a few projects I am working on, this one is The V-Copter, it's name comes from VTOL & Helicopter. It's handling fairly well right now but not releasing it until further testing and tweaks. The looks take some getting use to because of it's upper rotor not being there but it's growing on me the more I fly it.

V-Copter

Edited by castille7

3 hours ago, SaturnianBlue said:
4 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Well, I didn't know most of that. I know there was some painting done to make the ship harder to spot once it was damaged, but I didn't remember what exactly was done.

I'll be honest, the small amount of knowledge I have about naval warfare (that doesn't involve naval aviation) largely has to do with submarines.

You learn something new every day, I guess.

@pTrevTrevs I think it was in Norway then painted it over. I have an interesting contrast with you, the knowledge I have of Naval Warfare tends to be of surface ships.

@Columbia I'll release the version of the Bismarck soon, and a reduced parts version and the fake crane I made. But yeah, the current release is the one during the fight with HMS Hood, whose Keel I plan on laying soon.

Most of what I know about naval things is because of my fascination with the Titanic back then and the research I was forced to do of the Bismarck and it's paint schemes while working on a model of it. Other than that.. not much. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the low part count version!

Any Bond, James Bond fans out there? Here's my Kerbal Moonraker. During my photo shoot an anomaly occurred and as you can see in one of the pictures the outcome was not good. After a few more fixes on the staging I will release the craft.

Edited by castille7

52 minutes ago, Fellow314 said:

It makes orbit from the runway but I haven't managed to get it down and then up again as opposed to up and then down again. :)

I really need to try my hand at cracking mini SSTOs in 1.x...  hehe it's been a while.

Once again, I was fooling around and experimenting in KSP, as I always do. Easter Sunday's great.

I decided to attempt making a B-17 that had an interior for the Pilot and Co-Pilot, and briefly considered an entire whole interior, but realized that that would've only worked if the cargo bay was really, really big and the part count would've been insane.

I mean, it would be a bummer having a custom cockpit when the one thing you couldn't do with it was put a pilot in it..

Radiator Panels were honestly a godsend for aesthetics, there's no need to resort to the bulky wing parts.

I started by taking off the main 3.75m tank that was the root part of the entire thing, and replaced it with a structural panel with a beam stretching throughout.

Then I added the first radiators..  I deliberately misspelled "Fortress" in the name so I don't accidentally overwrite the working B-17.

XOh7bsv.png

SAdQiic.jpg

Attaching the final ones, and strutting.

SAdQiic.jpg

Work continues, I still have to work on the interior. And I'm not the best at KSP furniture.

7 hours ago, Columbia said:

Radiator Panels were honestly a godsend for aesthetics, there's no need to resort to the bulky wing parts.

Agreed! Panels of any type are the best KSP building part by far, they have a million uses! That is why I am so excited by the new larger flat panel solar panels!

15 minutes ago, Jon144 said:

It's happening guys... Only 900 parts so far too :huh:

What's happening? The death of your PC? :D