Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

10 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

Trying to make a stock ship...

2LS2HCS.png

I really like the concept you have here with the wheel house and living quarters on the stern and the launch deck coming off the bow.

I haven't been to Duna in a while, I thought.  So I did.

Very sophisticated BDR launch system. :)

I'm particularly pleased with the lander, which was inspired by a particularly mental Russian proposal for a moonshot.

The transfer vehicle, however, manages to collide with the vehicle assembly building while 10Km above it and a wing falls off.  This after umpteen orbits shaving a little speed off each time.  I'm not sure I have the will to do it all again :)

Prince Of Wales is nearing completion, since i've finished up the front completely, including the rigging, the tiny aft superstructure. While it's not done in the photos i've finished the cranes. I still need the UP Projectors on the main gun turrets, and actually make the ship move on water, as right now it just shakes and explodes when it lands up the water....

putting a Glonass Network in orbit can be a tedious task, when you have to launch the sats as single or triple launch. So i got the first payload stack for my Energia M ... 6 Glonass-M satelites :D now i only need 4 or 5  rockets to install a network around Kerbin :) (well not a realistic one ofcourse. Real glonass has up to 10 sats on one orbital plane ... )

PkH4uFB.jpg

Edited by Darth Lazarus

I evolved My goliath concept quite a bit from this

Spoiler

X2u7OLG.jpg

to something more compact (and cheaper) with more deltaV because the engines rotate and there's no cockpit. (infernal robotics hinge)

Im probably also going to use kerbal attachement system to load/unload stuff easily from for the cargo bay.

OcUwRfr.jpg

Basically it's more versatile now, it can go to places on its own carrying stuff or assist a bigger carrier ship by unloading stuff to the surface and bringing fuel up on the return very useful for colonies in general.

Also it flies much better now (using far) oh and its just 37 parts

Spoiler

Edited by RevanCorana

kVYw7W3.pngHPOfJvu.pngIOPcHP9.pngFinished HMS Prince Of Wales.... Except for the paint job and actually getting it to move around, with all the shakiness and exploding.

Added the back rigging, and the UP Projectors.

Edit: Whoops, I accidentally included some of the same photos from above too!

Edited by SaturnianBlue

3 hours ago, Columbia said:

My fourth attempt to make a Fw 190.

It's alright I guess.

123Exr6.png

BPD7HPS.png

to0rnpk.png

And I also tested BDArmory anti-aircraft fire. Gotta love Destruction effects too.

dslxYAF.png

I think your wings look a little long to me, although I can't back it up with models or orthographics at this time.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

5 hours ago, Columbia said:

My fourth attempt to make a Fw 190.

It's alright I guess.

123Exr6.png

BPD7HPS.png

to0rnpk.png

And I also tested BDArmory anti-aircraft fire. Gotta love Destruction effects too.

dslxYAF.png

I don't agree, this doesn't look like a Fw 190A. It's my fav. fighter plane of all time. I know you can do better.

2_65.jpg

On 4/27/2016 at 2:34 PM, MrMeeb said:

Ahhh, thanks! I'll check it out

----------------------------------------------------------

Also, seeing as it's now largely complete...here is the mission control! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for a first try, but I'd really appreciate feedback and constructive criticism! :D 

Sorry I'm only replying to this now, but i was wondering what mod those pipes on the wall and the door come from. I remember seeing them in Felbourn's Project Odyssey but I can't figure out where they come from.

Edited by pTrevTrevs
Why did it insert the quote twice?

8 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Sorry I'm only replying to this now, but i was wondering what mod those pipes on the wall and the door come from. I remember seeing them in Felbourn's Project Odyssey but I can't figure out where they come from.

I'll bet Lack Luster Labs.

10 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Lack Luster Labs, as mentioned above :) 

On 5/6/2016 at 4:18 AM, Azimech said:

I don't agree, this doesn't look like a Fw 190A. It's my fav. fighter plane of all time. I know you can do better.

2_65.jpg

Damn, thank you for your feedback! I've been able to trace all of the problems with the aircraft and fix it accordingly, because of your clearer-than-crystal statement that is so damn helpful. And constructive, too!

Honestly, if you're just seeking to bash my efforts of replicating the aircraft, then perhaps I shouldn't listen to your criticism. I'm definitely aware that it needs some refinement especially in aesthetics, but comments like these are no more helpful than telling someone his plane is equivalent to total garbage. 

And the Fw 190 A-8 is one of my favorite WW2 planes as well. Having favoritism of an aircraft doesn't entail you to anything special when seeing one, or a replication attempt at it.

On 5/6/2016 at 1:42 AM, pTrevTrevs said:

I think your wings look a little long to me, although I can't back it up with models or orthographics at this time.

I think it's the size of the wing root -- It's too thin.

Also, I need to work on the tail and canopy.

Edited by Columbia

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

<Snip>

I can't say for sure (I don't read minds), but when I originally read Azimech's comment, I kind of read it as a joke/satirical-comment... but I don't know, :P maybe that's just me. I personally think it looks like quite good. Of course, perhaps the antennas, wire, and doodads could be added, but overall I think it looks quite good! By the way... what's that little tiny circle thing at the tip of the prop hub? (I can't figure out whether that's another part there or something about the fairing)

Anyways, THE A-380 FINALLY FRIGGIN WORKS! ...AND IT DOESN'T EXPLODE! (unless you crash it of course)

I ended up replacing the belly panels and it fixed everything!

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

3 hours ago, Columbia said:

Damn, thank you for your feedback! I've been able to trace all of the problems with the aircraft and fix it accordingly, because of your clearer-than-crystal statement that is so damn helpful. And constructive, too!

Honestly, if you're just seeking to bash my efforts of replicating the aircraft, then perhaps I shouldn't listen to your criticism. I'm definitely aware that it needs some refinement especially in aesthetics, but comments like these are no more helpful than telling someone his plane is equivalent to total garbage. 

And the Fw 190 A-8 is one of my favorite WW2 planes as well. Having favoritism of an aircraft doesn't entail you to anything special when seeing one, or a replication attempt at it.

I think it's the size of the wing root -- It's too thin.

Also, I need to work on the tail and canopy.

@Columbia I took what Azimech said as good criticism more than bashing, I think if the craft was shorten just a little it would be a perfect replica! we know you are not calling it complete until you post it with the shared file. Also his comment seemed more as a motivation too.

Edited by castille7

On 6-5-2016 at 0:26 AM, pTrevTrevs said:

Dam man that looks nice. Have a like on me :wink:

Updat:

Hhhuuu? I thought i was quoting on the controlroom.

Edited by soulreaver1981

Besides huge cruisers, I've been obsessed with SRB assisted shuttles lately, here are a few designs.  The small one is the workhorse, but I have two other medium shuttles, one a 6 seat.  They all have an optional abort with 'chutes for the cabin.  Also trying out a refueling shuttle.  They don't SSTO, and need to refuel at a station, but they're cheap and fun to fly!

8 hours ago, Columbia said:

Tested a bearing for a tank.

GmCFi3F.png

"[LY-05 Steerable Landing Gear]: Overstressed."

We are too, landing gear. You're not special.

That is a beautiful looking Panther (It is a Panther, yes?) turret, and the Tiger to the side looks awesome as well. :D Can't wait to see it finished. 

Also, what is it with landing gear think it is so special recently :P