Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

16 hours ago, Rushligh said:

This is just an experiment so far: the Giga Buggy.

i got really annoyed with the wheel mechanic in 1.0.2... its horrible, and the stock wheels are even worse. so i though... why not make my OWN wheels? this horrible abomination was the result...

max of 28 m/s currently (i can force it up to 40 but it's highly unstable)
YlGhLnz.pngYCyiuWS.pngqszmAdw.png

required mods:
-kerbal joint re-encorcement
-SXT
-KSPI-E
-OPT 1.8 (v4 moded and updated)
-Kerbodyne plus
-mk2 Expansion
-Infernal Robotics

(for 1.1.2)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm7rsgtwqjxk623/Giga%20Buggy.craft?dl=0

Custom wheels FTW!

3 hours ago, RevanCorana said:

That looks quite awesome actually but rip partcount >O

all my ships have got like, at least 200 part count XD

these are like, just a select few. i haven't gotten to upload most of them.

Just look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u00xd3tv7wr9hho/Screenshot%202016-05-26%2016.44.55.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi2qxxqzbrhqz33/Screenshot%202016-05-26%2016.34.20.png?dl=0

I'm was trying to make F-86 replica (kinda). I crashed in the water and survived, and did this.

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw

12 hours ago, Rushligh said:

all my ships have got like, at least 200 part count XD

these are like, just a select few. i haven't gotten to upload most of them.

Do you know about KerbalX?

35 minutes ago, RevanCorana said:

Do you know about KerbalX?

yes i do, i just far to lazy to make ANOTHER account somewhere. also, im going to be making a few custom MM configs soon for tweakscale and kspi integration. im going to try and find a way to turn select RCS thrusters into engines so thay can be used as spot thrusters or manuver engines with TCA. 

You may have seen it in other threads, but seeing as this is the WIP thread and it's still WIP...Zarya got a lifter!

7bD0yTq.png

It behaves beautifully in my RSS save. I start the gravity turn at 100m/s, lock prograde and all I have to do is stage to orbit. No control touches! :D 

FRv7pSA.png

The main thing I've got left to work on is the fairing. It's not right yet, and while I can't make it accurately narrow due to the antennae, I can make it a more accurate height. Gonna be a bit difficult, but I'll see what I can do 

Edited by MrMeeb

I've benn making some prop shells for my Bismarck and Prinz Eugen. They work pretty well at ~Mach 2, but require oversized booster oversized from behind to "fly", because for some reason they have ridiculous amounts of drag that I can't explain, not even the oversized booster. 

I tried to re-create the orion spacecraft using stock parts. I'm not satisfied with the transfer stage yet, and the whole rocket is a bit too tall and wobbly, but I think the capsule itself looks quite good. Let me know what you think!

My recent S7-F14 TomCat Aircraft release inspired me to create an Aircraft Carrier to support the craft. I am currently doing some practice landings and noticed that I will need to add some stopping power, I will test Parachutes like I've seen others using or some Sepratrons might do the trick. The Carrier "Sentinel" is a WIP at the moment.

"SENTINEL PROJECT"

S7-F14 TomCat & Aircraft Carrier Sentinel

A95HJAo.png

dhFuzF9.png

After hours of testing I landed a S7-F14 TomCat on the Sentinel Aircraft Carrier! See Video Here. The Sepratrons worked, with precision timing and speed the craft can be landed. The video of the craft landing is with one engine damaged but the testing proves that it can be done and without damage to the craft with practice. 

Another update: After many practice landings I still haven't landed without damage to my craft yet.........or did I?

EaHQWae.png

This has been such a ridiculous challenge for me and I just can't seem to quit until I succeed!!

Update: 06-03-2016

Finally after many attempts I made a landing without damage to the Aircraft. This has been very difficult, if I had to guess I would say nearly 40 attempts were made for this successful landing. I plan to release the Carrier soon and both craft on the Challenge Thread.

7HAo43D.png

Update: 06-04-2016

I am having a KERBLAST! this weekend, I was able to load five Tomcats on the Air Craft Carrier Sentinel, test launched a craft successfully and it's been so fun! After a few more tweaks and testing it will be time for video production.

Edited by castille7
Craft loaded and launched from the Carrier success!

On 5/28/2016 at 0:12 PM, MrMeeb said:

You may have seen it in other threads, but seeing as this is the WIP thread and it's still WIP...Zarya got a lifter!

7bD0yTq.png

It behaves beautifully in my RSS save. I start the gravity turn at 100m/s, lock prograde and all I have to do is stage to orbit. No control touches! :D 

[...]

The main thing I've got left to work on is the fairing. It's not right yet, and while I can't make it accurately narrow due to the antennae, I can make it a more accurate height. Gonna be a bit difficult, but I'll see what I can do 

*Scrolls to Proton pic*

*Looks for KSP replica of real world rocket diagram*

*wait........*

Also:

pRRienW.png

"Don't go below 20 m/s!"  

Who can guess what I've been watching?

10 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

*Scrolls to Proton pic*

*Looks for KSP replica of real world rocket diagram*

*wait........*

Also:

pRRienW.png

"Don't go below 20 m/s!"  

Who can guess what I've been watching?

Speed?

3 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

F8ZuOyq.jpg

From Build a Kerbal Scale ISS, making props for trailer

If this is all Kerbal Parts I am astound! Any photo shop here?

Edited by castille7

4 hours ago, castille7 said:

If this is all Kerbal Parts I am astound! Any photo shop here?

It's not stock parts except the shuttle and I don't think he made the crawler man. The re-textured shuttle is very nice though.

Edited by Majorjim

38 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

It's not stock parts except the shuttle and I don't think he made the crawler man. The re-textured shuttle is very nice though.

I think he meant is it in game, like I didn't photoshop in the crawler.

6 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I think he meant is it in game, like I didn't photoshop in the crawler.

Yes I knew about the crawler tracks but the crawler itself has so much detail I thought it might have been a photo.....in awe still...