Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

10 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Same deal as before, if you can guess the aircraft before anyone else I'll give you a beta craft file (@MrMeeb is disqualified because he guessed the last WIP aircraft I showed).

AD-2 skyraider

or one of the following variants:

A-1 Skyraider

A2D Skyshark

Edited by He_162

1 minute ago, He_162 said:

AD-2 skyraider

or one of the following variants:

A-1 Skyraider

A2D Skyshark

Geez, I thought it would be harder than that this time. I can't send the file right now, but I will as soon as I can get to my computer.

2 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Geez, I thought it would be harder than that this time. I can't send the file right now, but I will as soon as I can get to my computer.

I can name almost any aircraft in history if you show it to me (almost!)

I have studied aircraft from 1939-2016 and I can name almost any military attacker, fighter jet, or interceptor. I am sketchy on bombers, reconnaissance, and specific variants of random jets.

Of them all, I love the He-162 the most, and the F-104 second, Pak Fa T-50 third.

Edited by He_162

1 minute ago, He_162 said:

I can name almost any aircraft in history if you show it to me (almost!)

I have studied aircraft from 1939-2016 and I can name almost any military attacker, fighter jet, or interceptor. I am sketchy on bombers, reconnaissance, and specific variants of random jets.

Of them all, I love the He-162 the most, and the F-104 second, Pak Fa T-50 third.

Well, at least it looks like the Skyraider. I was worried the shape would be difficult to do with a low enough number of parts for it to run smoothly. I still need to add weapons, drop tanks, and try to improve the handling a little.

1 minute ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Well, at least it looks like the Skyraider. I was worried the shape would be difficult to do with a low enough number of parts for it to run smoothly. I still need to add weapons, drop tanks, and try to improve the handling a little.

All in good time :)

After seeing @pTrevTrevs Panther and Skyraider builds, I decided I would create a historical aircraft. Now, seeing as Mr Salamander ( @He_162 ) has boasted about being able to identify (Almost) any aircraft from the start of the Second World War, I thought I would post the current state of my current project, named N.11/44 for secrecy reasons. Now, WIP thread, I challenge you to name that aircraft!

Please note that correctly naming this aircraft does not result in any sort of 'reward' in the form of incomplete WIP builds of said aircraft. All correct guesses will result in the immediate release of self-satisfaction for correctly guessing the aircraft, then followed by confusion as to why you spend so long guessing aircraft on the so called 'internet'. As this has had ~10 minutes work done to it, this current build doesn't represent the final quality of project N.11/44. 

12 minutes ago, TangerineSedge said:

After seeing @pTrevTrevs Panther and Skyraider builds, I decided I would create a historical aircraft. Now, seeing as Mr Salamander ( @He_162 ) has boasted about being able to identify (Almost) any aircraft from the start of the Second World War, I thought I would post the current state of my current project, named N.11/44 for secrecy reasons. Now, WIP thread, I challenge you to name that aircraft!

Please note that correctly naming this aircraft does not result in any sort of 'reward' in the form of incomplete WIP builds of said aircraft. All correct guesses will result in the immediate release of self-satisfaction for correctly guessing the aircraft, then followed by confusion as to why you spend so long guessing aircraft on the so called 'internet'. As this has had ~10 minutes work done to it, this current build doesn't represent the final quality of project N.11/44. 

Westland Wyvern

Just now, TangerineSedge said:

Darn it, I was hoping it might take more than a couple of minutes :D

Don't make it so obvious by having a "UK aerospace" flag, and naming it something that sounds British, besides the cockpit being that far back, couldn't be anything but a British plane.

Just now, He_162 said:

Don't make it so obvious by having a "UK aerospace" flag, and naming it something that sounds British, besides the cockpit being that far back, couldn't be anything but a British plane.

Oh, I just have the UK flag by default, but but other than that it was slightly obvious

Just now, TangerineSedge said:

Oh, I just have the UK flag by default, but but other than that it was slightly obvious

"Lets find a really unique looking plane that is well known and see if anyone can guess it"

lol

Just now, pTrevTrevs said:

The fact that it was added to War Thunder recently didn't help things.

:) That may have had something to do with it :P

Edited by He_162

5 minutes ago, TangerineSedge said:

Yeah, that was kinda the reason I made it

I really hate that they made the new He-162 an event aircraft.

Let's not stray off topic, let's move that conversation to a private message if you wanna continue :D

EDCrLKJ.png

I gave the Skyraider some weapons and modified a few areas, namely the wings (made them wider) and the propellor (made the blades 50% larger).

MDK1ylu.png

So I've got eight Hellfire missiles because regular BD Armory doesn't have unguided rockets that don't come in pods and i don't want to bring in any submods, four 500lb bombs, and two cluster bombs, as well as two Vulcans embedded in the wings. Real Skyraiders had four 20mm cannons, but to compensate for the grossly increased rate of fire on the Vulcan, I reduced that to two. i can probably also replace the cluster bombs with drop tanks if i so choose, although piping that fuel to the engine may be a little tricky.

Wl1yLsf.png

All the weapons seem to work pretty well against the space center, except the missiles (because I can't set them to target KSC buildings) and the Vulcans (obvious reasons). Maneuverability is decreased, but it can still fly pretty well.

I'm not really sure if the shape looks as close to the Skyraider's as I would like, let me know what you think.

24 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I gave the Skyraider some weapons and modified a few areas, namely the wings (made them wider) and the propellor (made the blades 50% larger).

So I've got eight Hellfire missiles because regular BD Armory doesn't have unguided rockets that don't come in pods and i don't want to bring in any submods, four 500lb bombs, and two cluster bombs, as well as two Vulcans embedded in the wings. Real Skyraiders had four 20mm cannons, but to compensate for the grossly increased rate of fire on the Vulcan, I reduced that to two. i can probably also replace the cluster bombs with drop tanks if i so choose, although piping that fuel to the engine may be a little tricky.

All the weapons seem to work pretty well against the space center, except the missiles (because I can't set them to target KSC buildings) and the Vulcans (obvious reasons). Maneuverability is decreased, but it can still fly pretty well.

I'm not really sure if the shape looks as close to the Skyraider's as I would like, let me know what you think.

It's looking really nice, I can't imagine that you would need to work on it any further.

Sector 7 Space Laboratories - Aeronautics Division

"Project Sentinel"

S7-F14 Tomcat / Aircraft Carrier - Sentinel

Here is an early release of a Tutorial for the Project Sentinel I've been working on. Not sure yet but depending on the feed back I may post this as a
Challenge and have a Pilot Wings Badge for the Top Gun Pilots that land the craft without damage. If I had to guess it took nearly 40 attempts to
accomplish this landing. Sloppy landing but the craft is not damaged. The Aircraft Carrier and other Aircraft will be released when the Project is complete.

Update: Video was blocked, song was removed, sorry no music for now.

Edited by castille7
Video was blocked, song was removed :-(

2 hours ago, castille7 said:

It's looking really nice, I can't imagine that you would need to work on it any further.

I'm gonna hold off and release it along with the Panther and probably a few other Korean War era planes, like the MiG-15, F2H Banshee, F4U Corsair, etc.

13 hours ago, castille7 said:

Sector 7 Space Laboratories - Aeronautics Division

"Project Sentinel"

S7-F14 Tomcat / Aircraft Carrier - Sentinel

Here is an early release of a Tutorial for the Project Sentinel I've been working on. Not sure yet but depending on the feed back I may post this as a
Challenge and have a Pilot Wings Badge for the Top Gun Pilots that land the craft without damage. If I had to guess it took nearly 40 attempts to
accomplish this landing. Sloppy landing but the craft is not damaged. The Aircraft Carrier and other Aircraft will be released when the Project is complete.

Video is blocked, I will update asap.

I like :D