GusTurbo

Made some more cubesats.

A couple of commsats:

S0WAJiX.jpg

IxKSnhD.jpg

And some science probes:

xsDodZw.jpg

N1OxxD0.jpg

Though far from all of the possible variants on the cubesat system, these are examples of some probes that I'll use within my long-term career.

There's also a smaller 1U commsat which has the smallest relay antenna. The two small-size commsats are for planetary constellation networks (the larger of the two variants will be used for planets with large SOIs) and the large-size commsat is for placing at the L4 and L5 points of most planets, as well as having one in every planetary system.

The science probes shown above both contain orbital science equipment that transmits for 100% of the science value. Neither has the same equipment, so there will be a use for both of them. The smaller one is also good for those pesky DMagic magnetic survey contracts. Other science satellite variants will include landers and atmospheric entry probes, and I'll also make a small-size variant designed for asteroid sounding missions. The large-size 3U satellites will probably be very large science satellites designed either for deploying landers or atmospheric entry probes, or for returning nontransmittable data (like materials studies) back to Kerbin.

I keep working on some full stock launcher inspirated from real ones but with less than 100 parts.

The last one is Kronos IB :

0XJgv07.png

mEObics.png

nrrlZ3A.png

There is still some change to make with the Apollo-like module. I had to choose a combination of three Mk 1 pods to realize it while keeping the game "small" scale.

6 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Man, that catapult looks sweet! I guess it isn't stock, though. 

Nope, it uses an IR gantryrail with speed and acceleration of about 200 (default is 4 and 1). And it also uses a large Rotatron to make the catapult turn.

Whee!

zmEDiXy.png

Little test as part of a minor project I'm dabbling with when I've got time, heavily inspired by the X-33 and DC-X (in terms of being an SSTO) and the concept ITS starship by SpaceX (in terms of aesthetics).

Obviously a major WIP, but it has quite a lot of "get-up-and-GO GO GO" capability as it blasts off the pad in no time flat under the thrust of 20 Vector engines...

@AdmFranzvonHippie It looks like you could benefit from the well-known and widely-practiced construction technique known as "Moar boosters !!!!11!!1!!!".

Good luck with that Mun flyby; it takes a while to get that far initially, but progress can be made quite quickly once you know the basics.

As for what I've been working on, have a cubesat:

gzEvhox.jpg

And another cubesat:

rTKWR89.jpg

(Yes, that is a different cubesat to the previous one).

And how about another cubesat:

IxKSnhD.jpg

I've been working on assembling a new probe infrastructure based on these cool space cubes. Over the last couple of days, designing these has become something of an addiction. I've been using them wherever I can, for whatever purposes present themselves.

Just now, Munbro Kerman said:

Adapter is still a WIP

Do yourself a favor and download editor extensions redux building mod. You can have a much higher symmetry level. It just makes basic tasks quicker. It is far from being a cheat mod as it does not help with creativity and more complex craft, it is mainly a time saving device.

10 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

Do yourself a favor and download editor extensions redux building mod. You can have a much higher symmetry level. It just makes basic tasks quicker. It is far from being a cheat mod as it does not help with creativity and more complex craft, it is mainly a time saving device.

Thank you! I'll take a look.

19 minutes ago, Munbro Kerman said:

Second Stage adapter

Also, dude, do not use those large decouplers. Ever. I don't know if you have ever looked at any of my craft but you will see that I never use anything other than the two smallest decouplers. even with a tonne of struts the connection of the largest decoupler is super flexible. Use a tiny one and use struts in a triangle shape. 4-8 will be fine and other folks have said 'I don't want to use small decouplers as they require more struts to hold'. This is total garbage. Not only are the tiny ones all you need for strength, they save a HUGE ammount of space in a build. Just look how much is taken up on your inter-stage by the two large decouplers.

Every one of the stages in this rocket are held by tiny decouplers:

zJ3wa4g.png

1 hour ago, Majorjim! said:

Also, dude, do not use those large decouplers.

I second this, but I would also like to point out that large decouplers can occasionally be used for aesthetic purposes. 

Here's my Saturn IB, notice how the decoupler is used for the Instrument Unit and the top of the first stage. 

jOF0S1m.png

Just remember though, this is really the only big decoupler that's good for this. All the others are ugly

1 hour ago, Majorjim! said:

Also, dude, do not use those large decouplers. Ever. I don't know if you have ever looked at any of my craft but you will see that I never use anything other than the two smallest decouplers. even with a tonne of struts the connection of the largest decoupler is super flexible. Use a tiny one and use struts in a triangle shape. 4-8 will be fine and other folks have said 'I don't want to use small decouplers as they require more struts to hold'. This is total garbage. Not only are the tiny ones all you need for strength, they save a HUGE ammount of space in a build. Just look how much is taken up on your inter-stage by the two large decouplers.

Every one of the stages in this rocket are held by tiny decouplers:

zJ3wa4g.png

Ah, I see. Well, the thing is, I intended for those decouplers to take up space; believe it or not. If you look at any Saturn-Nova third stages, you'll see the adapter has a gradual slope, so to do this you need to have a large space between the each stage, so instead of using fuel tanks to increase the height, I thought "Why not use those big decouplers that I rarely ever use?" But, you're right, I should probably use the smallest decouplers.

This is what I mean by "gradual slope" look at third stage and you'll see what I mean.

Nova_Rocket.jpg 

Just now, Munbro Kerman said:

"gradual slope"

A closed fairing would look ace for that man! You can connect the upper stage to something inside the fairing or a tiny decoupler just above it.

And if you need any help with anything I'm happy to be of service, just PM the craft file if you do. :)

3 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

A closed fairing would look ace for that man! You can connect the upper stage to something inside the fairing or a tiny decoupler just above it.

And if you need any help with anything I'm happy to be of service, just PM the craft file if you do. :)

I'll try that, thanks for the help!

I've been working on a medium-sized multipurpose fighter/bomber/whatever. It's quite good at its job, but there are several kinks I need to work out. Stability, g-tolerance and target precision, to name a few.

RdQkwwD.png

Yes, I said target precision. I somehow can't hit something with all these bombs. Its harder than it looks (or i'm doing it horribly wrong). (if you don't feel like counting there's 69 of 'em)

PtzJDel.png

Top view of the plane. Bonus shot of the bombs falling, none of which hit. I've been dealing with this for two weeks, along with random crashes (both plane and game), krakens, framerate drops and all kinds of other shenanigans.

CHAM ........ CHAM CHAM CHAM CHAM ....... KEBLAAAAAAAAGAAAAAAA

fcM0wit.png

QhDRNha.png

Blame Glen A. Larson for the sound effects.

Big wish of mine and probably the only TOS Raider in KSP. Version 0.6 is 40t, has 32 ion engines, a TWR of between 0.23 and 0.29, Delta-v of 3450m/s and 271 parts.

Edited by Azimech

I am finally back, motherboard lost some pins in the CPU socket, and the PSU needed an upgrade, and the parts came in, I will be starting work on my videos tomorrow, which means you guys will have some interesting craft sneak peeks to see probably around this same time tomorrow.

I plan on doing a  video on the He-969 "MJ" with detailed information on how to make such big rockets work, of course, I didn't learn all of this on my own, and I've taken some advice along the way, and even had help, which also influenced the naming decisions, I think you guys will like it!

Now I do have a question.... what music should I play in the background?

I was trying to work with Nvidia and it's recording features in GeForce Experience, but it doesn't seem to want to open up the ingame overlay in anything but the launcher, and it won't automatically come up when I launch KSP from steam either. Anyone wanna help me?