Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

25 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I read there was some progress, they might have kerbpaint working again soon, or did you change the texture dds?

Yes, I edited the dds in paint.net.

I copied the layer, selected the cone bit, deleted the background and made it green with a little shade.

It's very easy when you know how to do it. (It took me a week) :lol:

Guess what I'm working on...^_^

wwAz81L.png

9 minutes ago, Triop said:

Yes, I edited the dds in paint.net.

I copied the layer, selected the cone bit, deleted the background and made it green with a little shade.

It's very easy when you know how to do it. (It took me a week) :lol:

I would do that to my fairings because kerbpaint is not able to paint them, it's also a pretty easy paint job on the fairings

Exploration upper stage WIP

I plan to build the several variants of SLS (once I have time of course!)

X9WbkfT.png

zTWgp9o.png

Also

Rocket lab's new shiny black rocket

Haven't decided whether to use a custom black fairing or change the stock textures

1qqI3e2.png

wKM9Qi9.png

Edited by Yukon0009

I can't decide

Which bay door is better for the X-20?

Small elevon bay door

sakbjKo.png

X8sGGZC.png

Doesn't fit as smooth as the airbrake door when closed but the size is more reasonably (small).

57jyC89.png

QytXLQH.png

Fits smoothly but looks weird when opened..

18 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

There was a link a couple of posts down, anyway thats old news, I think they are above 360ms now

Dang that progressed quick. The record was around 250 since last September i think. Me and Azimech and another guy raced to the top for a good couple weeks.

9 hours ago, Yukon0009 said:

I can't decide

Which bay door is better for the X-20?

Small elevon bay door

Doesn't fit as smooth as the airbrake door when closed but the size is more reasonably (small).

Fits smoothly but looks weird when opened..

I think I'd have to go with the airbrakes cause it looks so smooth when closed and not too bad when opened in my opinion. Great ingenuity by the way, creating your own 1.25m cargo bay like that. Is the finished product gonna be a mini space shuttle sorta deal?

6 minutes ago, Skyshrim said:

I think I'd have to go with the airbrakes cause it looks so smooth when closed and not too bad when opened in my opinion. Great ingenuity by the way, creating your own 1.25m cargo bay like that. Is the finished product gonna be a mini space shuttle sorta deal?

@Yukon0009I agree, airbrakes looks better.

I changed the pitot tube of my Mig-21 to something that won't break off. I also clipped in counter-productive control surfaces, to imitate stalls when pitching up hard. (clipping isn't cheating if it's meant to decrease the performance, right?)

34r90eo.jpg

I'm now more likely to slam into the ground or other objects, but performance is still good enough: 

fcv7u9.jpg

Edited by Jefzor

52 minutes ago, Jefzor said:

I changed the pitot tube of my Mig-21 to something that won't break off. I also clipped in counter-productive control surfaces, to imitate stalls when pitching up hard. (clipping isn't cheating if it's meant to decrease the performance, right?)

Not a fan of the antenna bit, reminds me of Boba Fett's helmet, about clipping, well, if we don't see it, it isn't there,also,there are too many comma's in this sentence.

MiG-21: :rep::rep::rep::rep::rep:

1 hour ago, Jefzor said:

changed the pitot tube of my Mig-21 to something that won't break off.

Have to agree with triop, not really a fan. Have you tried the surface mount communotron? Works fairly well, and is impervious to aero pressure issues.

Edited by qzgy

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Working on an orbital missile defense platform, a static missile platform designed to hit any ships nearby, useful for enforcing planetary blockades:

C6Veg5p.png

First thing I thought when I saw that was "Hey ... beer!"

16 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

All your Islands are belong to us

brB4KGd.png

Thinking about another film, maybe a mini-series

Nice! If Squad is interested in the work I'm doing over here, we might have the ability to sink stock ships someday in the future. If you guys like it too, give the topic some attention.