Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

On 1/30/2019 at 8:22 PM, Triop said:

Working on a jet that can refuel other jets on bases all around the world.

It has over 2000 LF.

Testflying now.

WPiCWqM.png

EDIT:

I've added more fueltanks in the middle, it now has 2560 LF on board. Mass: 21.105t :o

CZW2fJi.png

That is a nice looking plane! Will it be able to to midair fueling?

I have been working on jet fighters. I built a bunch of simple, small planes and learned something from each of them. This is the result.  G0pTEZ0.jpgon10JUu.jpg

Also, might I add that the fuel flow priority feature and autostrut are 300000 IQ tools that everyone should use. Seriously, they are SO useful.

Edited by PhylumCnidaria

cY2ZlCt.png

I set out to make a kerbal-scale aircraft with all the details of a 1:1 model and... failed. As it turns out, this one is still about 10% bigger than I was targeting. This may wind up getting finished and released, but not as a Kerbal-scale model.

8XQ7F7J.png

With that in mind, I did what any rational actor would do, and chose a plane that was 10% larger. Here's progress where I left it for the day.

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Actually, that revamp was courtesy update 1.5 :)

EDIT: Oh, and the white version is optional. By default it's black.

You are right of course, thanks for the correction.

I mixed up the recent part revamp heavy updates. What a great "problem" to have, isn't it? ;)

17 hours ago, Triop said:

A tight fit . . .

I enabled the rear-wheel steering in order to make it easier to wiggle under the cargo bay.  (you can tweak this temporarily, too, to reset it when you drive away.)

I found if I drove straight in, it worked pretty well.  But if I was more pains-taking in the approach, it was harder to get lined up!!

After about an hour of fooling around, I realized that the KSP 1.6 "slip-sliding around" bug of the waiting cargo plane was what was defeating me!!  The airplane was moving south slowly like a glacier.  Don't that beat all!?

So then I just drove up by the side of the cargo bay on the "downhill" side (south at KSC) and patiently waited for the gd-plane to slide over the fuel truck...  then dropped its gear to make the transporter 'sit' while I loaded the rover.

Now, ain't that grand!?  :(

Edited by Hotel26