Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

Update on my Boeing 737-(800): finished wings and engines, horizontal and vertical stabilizers, attempt to size down cockpit window while keeping its shape, added (I believe) the correct number of passenger windows

sNXpOOP.png

She flies, but like a brick. Turning is slow and painful, but doing barrel rolls is no problem.

VYEyTrW.png

SvFh1Kt.png

LI46ylq.png

IOpg8kJ.png

I had no other choice but to make a custom nacelle for the Boeing 737 in order to recreate that distinct flat bottom.

RplRaME.png

On 6/22/2019 at 6:46 PM, Kerbalwerks said:

Was wondering what is powering the rotors air or electrics?

Not exactly sure if I understand your question, but the fan blades are static and display-only, and the jet itself is powered by a total of 10 clipped wheesleys. 

YSZ33uD.png

I have to hand it to you @Castille7, building small is fun!

tap13Id.png

Each of these little guys took about a half-hour to build, plus another 15 minutes to get them air-worthy, so they were perfect builds to fill my ever-shrinking free time.

No download link yet, since the Falcon isn't quire airworthy yet (darn landing gear problems), and I haven't spent the time to make a proper write-up.

Here's my current progress on my take on an F/A-22 Raptor:

T2ioJfU.png?1

IpM5njT.png?1

x6R2Rop.png?1

wK2Fyvb.png?1

Currently sitting at 171 parts

Still trying to figure out how to make the exhaust nozzles look nice and sharp...

Edited by Yaeah

8 hours ago, Servo said:

I have to hand it to you @Castille7, building small is fun!

Yes very fun! Whatever you do.....don't build a VTOL these are very addictive....lol

I wasn't planning to reveal this craft just yet but It's funny that we both used the Elevon's for the Tails! When it comes to tiny building parts are limited, had to show it to you. Right now I've been trying to reduce the control of those Elevons and reaction wheels because the craft can flip easily. This is actually still very fun to fly like it is but doesn't look so RL.

Mini F-14 Tomcat 

bai6PJ2.png

Edited by Castille7

On 6/23/2019 at 6:24 PM, Castille7 said:

First I make the entire Craft a Sub Assembly (The A-10) and I change the root part to whatever part works to stick it to another Craft, in this case the Lead Craft. Then I spread the Craft apart with the Move Tool. (Hope this makes sense?) 

That's pretty much what I meant. Just wondering

On 6/20/2019 at 10:39 AM, MiscelanousItem said:

I would appreciate any help with managing to stop this happening

Autostrut most likely will solve your problem.

Edited by lapis

Stratolaunch is nearing completion! The wings are now complete, theoretically all that would be left is to add the engines. However, the engines will add a lot of fairings and parts, so I am going to do a lot of testing to make sure that everything works beforehand.

rck2Owr.jpg

AFrtaBc.jpg

7J7CS0J.png

It's been far too long since i made any progress with the huge naval aircraft pack as i have had a million other projects going on.

Finally i was able to get at-least a little further to show that the project is not dead yet.

1AhqBZA.png

Introducing the Seafortress-B, the upgraded version of the Seafortress i showed some time ago. It wasn't supposed to be part of this project, but i liked it far too much and decided to upgrade it instead.

It has overall larger dimensions and overall better performance in every area, except armaments witch are little toned down (3 turrets and under-wing pylons removed) to make it more realistic.

It is basically my replacement for the PB4Y-2 Privateer, witch was one of the naval-bombers i wanted to build for the pack.

I also wanted to make at-least something new as-well.

XCihrGr.png

So here is my version of the Lockheed PV-1 Ventura. I decided for the fun of it to give it some historical camo.

I also have a B-25 Mitchell ready to go, but it feels a little off in too many ways, so im going to do a little rebuilding on it.

Edited by kapteenipirk

On 6/25/2019 at 12:51 AM, Yaeah said:

Here's my current progress on my take on an F/A-22 Raptor:

Currently sitting at 171 parts

Still trying to figure out how to make the exhaust nozzles look nice and sharp...

This looks absolutely fantastic! I've been following what you've been posting here/on KerbalX and you're improving a lot! Good to see you experimenting with some new techniques - airbrakes and landing gear are very fun to work with. As for the pointed bit, the best way of doing it I've seen is to flip the airbrakes around and use the hinged bit as your point. You lose the ability to thrust vector with them, but you do get the point.

3 hours ago, Servo said:

This looks absolutely fantastic! I've been following what you've been posting here/on KerbalX and you're improving a lot! Good to see you experimenting with some new techniques - airbrakes and landing gear are very fun to work with. As for the pointed bit, the best way of doing it I've seen is to flip the airbrakes around and use the hinged bit as your point. You lose the ability to thrust vector with them, but you do get the point.

Thanks man, that means a lot!

I think I've settled on function over form in this small part of the plane for now, I did some moving around with it but I couldn't get it to look how I want it to.

yHgRyPy.png

These things are just so darn fun to make...

8xVpZ6T.png

I finally managed to get this thing into the air too. Flies surprisingly well once it's up, but it's very difficult to get airborne without it blowing itself up on the runway.

Kerbin Mini Military
Update: 6.28.19

I am planning to post Three more craft here then release them on Kerbalx once again. Video to follow after all craft are released.

Mini Aircraft Carrier

LvUtUUm.png

More Pictures

Spoiler

nDu8wq2.png

Edited by Castille7