Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

More messing around with motherships. Struggling for inspiration so decided to update an older craft in the hopes it would give me some ideas.

yrL6Vh6.png

Had a serious Kraken attack in the first flight, and the ship was lost with all hands.

INY2r1s.png

First Kraken attack destroyed the front of the ship. Second happened a few mins later and turned the rest into debris.

6 hours ago, Frozen_Heart said:

More messing around with motherships. Struggling for inspiration so decided to update an older craft in the hopes it would give me some ideas.

Had a serious Kraken attack in the first flight, and the ship was lost with all hands.

First Kraken attack destroyed the front of the ship. Second happened a few mins later and turned the rest into debris.

I remember back in the good old days of the NBC, I always thought your ships looked really sweet. Good to see you're still keeping the spirit alive!

AZOPDeM.png

Help... I can't stop.

VHjSX6T.png

I feel like I'm going to be making these mini-replicas for a while to come. They're just so satisfying, being able to build a craft in an evening without having to spend a lot of time and energy looking at reference images first. Sometimes, it takes more time on the runway trying to get it to take off going subterranean than it does to build.

APCPYvK.png

An example of my frustrations with larger craft right now - why can't the P-80 have a normally shaped nose? I thought this was going to cut it, but it's actually a much much steeper slope, leaving this ...errr ... awkwardly shaped fuselage as a dead end design that sucked up a lot of time. I still want to take on the P-80, but it's going to take a good bit of inspiration before I try to take on that darn nose again.

Rw7NL9T.png 

For reference, this is how sharply it should slope, all while maintaining an almost U-shaped side profile.

7 hours ago, Servo said:

Sometimes, it takes more time on the runway trying to get it to take off going subterranean than it does to build.

Help... I can't stop.

And I thought it was just me...haha   Welcome to the club!

Kerbol Explorer 172

He's something I've been wanting to do for a very long time now. At first I was having difficulties getting into space. The craft was loaded with fuel and I then I reduced the fuel, adjusted the COM and the craft was still either breaking apart or flipping and not making Orbit. Then I thought about removing all the fuel except the Lower Tanks near the Engines and adding a Launcher. This became a great solution to the problem! I can always make a few rendezvous in LKO to add fuel. Kerbol Explorer 172 has two small Bays for Docking Craft, this is the highlight of this build. I enjoy docking Spacecraft in Space and the idea of docking inside another craft gives such a sense of accomplishment in a cool kinda way.

1KTkUzw.png

XZZZ0iU.png

More Pictures

Spoiler

rKBgNgn.png

l3h71h9.png

nEOFFww.png

gxCRVxY.png

yK6m0zQ.png

ftU3v2K.png

u38gPie.png

Testing the Shuttle Size and Docking with a Shuttle that I had previously built

Edited by Castille7

Just taught id let you know im going to  a break from KSP projects.

I started this massive paper-model project, witch i really really want to get done. Im really exited to begin, but im also pretty sure im gonna have issues with motivation as the model will have about 1600 parts over 50-60 pages :0.0:. To help with motivation, i disconnected my monitors, keyboard and mouse, chucked them away in another room and basically turned my computer desk into a workbench. So, no distractions till it's done.

I will likely post some shot's once it's done...if it ever gets done. This time im a little more hopeful tough.

But before i go dark for the next 2-3 weeks, i taught id show you some more progress on the UCS BF-109

CCOQZNK.png

I was gonna save the pilot and the paint-job as a little surprise at the end, but i just couldn't help myself.

Hey there everyone, i've been taking a little break for the past few months, but now that my uni duties have ended I've bought myself the expansion and I am back to work.

I'm making a really neat replica, I think you guys might like it if you liked the Tomcat.

So far I've made the landing gear.

It's custom.

HQ8wDtc.png

QluexLx.png

6og9O6R.png

aAGe302.png

Any wild guesses on what it might be? :>

11 hours ago, EvenFlow said:

Not quite a F-111! The MiG-23M is now finished.

Coming soon to a KerbalX near you. c:

Purdy. Good to see that someone's had more luck with DLC gear than I've had.

In the meantime, it's time to play Name! That! Plane!

IcCNVya.png

Working on a Stock MiG-21bis Fishbed with a focus on simplicity. Right now it's using 83 parts.

cB95wzM.png?1

J5k8QEF.png?1

Just not sure what to do about these dinky landing gear without resorting to Breaking Ground parts

Edited by Yaeah