Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

Got my 1000t cargo plane back and working. Down to 668 parts so it's not as laggy. It can only go to orbit now. But being a cargo plane you could take it farther. I had mining equipment in it but took it out for weight and parts. Can be added in cargo if needed.

0.3655772465 cargo ratio.

I also finally added a cockpit. Two actually. One on top and one on the bottom. 4 kerbals plus drone controls.

https://imgur.com/a/JQVifGh

Added more photos!

5M0Q6u0.png

Edited by Arugela

16 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

That is some impressive stability.

Very stiff settings with TR-2L torque configuration, I may add moarrrr HP.... :cool:

I'm still working on it:

kbOQJJs.png

First, we need a new engine...

vGI74dy.png

Edited by Triop

Cw5Krlc.png

4pGaZoi.png

Ranger-inspired lifting body that I want to use as an universal low-gravity lander (because it's cool.) Flies surprisingly well actually, it lands mostly without any trouble and managed to even do a partial lifting/vertical powered landing on Duna on the first try.

TT WEAKSCALE REBOOT:

We got the lights:

aYdskk3.png

We got the hinges:

ME2BkbJ.png

v5AseXG.png

Modified Xenon tank:

FdEyYjb.png

Who else can say they have Photovoltaic seats ? :cool:

k1qziaZ.png

Needs moarrr stuff, engine, paint, stickers, tuning, workworkworkworkwork.

Edited by Triop

Just completed what is propably my favorite ship in a long time.

gaOiFGD.png

A fictional modernized version of the HMS Neptune, a British light-cruiser concept that never materialized.

After i had tested the ship and was flying around in my Spitfire i noticed something quite amazing

hCHgdTS.png

During the test i fired off a couple salvos at the KSC from about 18km away and somehow managed to hit and destroy the VAB :cool:.

Things have finally calmed down and i can finally start thinking about releasing some stuff again.

My plan is to brake down the giant naval aircraft pack into smaller packs, that will include all the aircraft of a specific nation, and a few ships of that nation as-well.

I also plan on creating an entirely new post for this stuff, one where i can focus on WWII replica stuff (got something much much bigger in mind that needs LOTS of WWII navy stuff) and one where i can finally release the tutorial videos and stuff like that at the start of the project, not years after.

As you can probably guess, the first pack will be the Royal Navy pack. I still have a couple more ships that need to be built (Battle class destroyer and some aircraft carrier), and 4 more naval aircraft.

Next ill propably do a pack with some German stuff on it.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:01 AM, Triop said:

That Spitfire looks amazing ! :confused:

No matter how much i do this, it never gets any easier, but i guess that's what makes these so rewarding when it all works out...well, 90% anyways.

MZUOPxN.png

alRCWzR.png

S2olb7S.png

The missing 10% being the fact that i unfortunately had to use shuttle engines to enable taking off from water, witch is never great.

I tried to get the thing to take-off using conventional means, but when 8 panthers with afterburners wasn't enough, i decided it was time to change strategy.

The shuttle engines have enough fuel for 3 take-offs from water, witch is pretty decent i suppose.

I knew i had to build one of the two, the Sunderland or the Shetland, i decide to go for the more interesting and obscure option this time.

And i have to say, i think i nailed the looks pretty well without using too many parts. It still has a bigger part-count than the Seafortress for instance, but it's really not that much (271 and 301).

For this project, i want to have more or less standardized part-count ranges on all the different types of ships and aircraft, for instance: i've tried to keep the part-count on all my fighters under 100 and with my cruisers i've tried to keep the part-count at around 300-400.

Edited by kapteenipirk

4 minutes ago, kapteenipirk said:

No matter how much i do this, it never gets any easier, but i guess that's what makes these so rewarding when it all works out...well, 90% anyways.

I know right... ^_^ Are you using NEBULA mod for the roundels ?

You should try the camo mod to paint your Spit.

TRQaUVi.png

3 minutes ago, Triop said:

I know right... ^_^ Are you using NEBULA mod for the roundels ?

You should try the camo mod to paint your Spit.

Yep, it is indeed NEBULA decals.

Camouflage eh, i think we can arrange that.

vraa3Q6.png

Some lovely little home fleet camouflage for our Spitfire.

oRp4NCq.png

45 minutes ago, kapteenipirk said:

Yep, it is indeed NEBULA decals.

Camouflage eh, i think we can arrange that

Cool, if you need a wider selection of textures and NEBULA stickers, let me know. &)

cjoEHyy.png

Edited by Triop

19 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:
On 10/10/2019 at 1:01 AM, Triop said:

The missing 10% being the fact that i unfortunately had to use shuttle engines to enable taking off from water, witch is never great.

Whoa, floating Liberator! Or maybe not xD

Have you tried to use BG propellers? I can easily take of with them from water

11 hours ago, IkranMakto said:

Whoa, floating Liberator! Or maybe not xD

Have you tried to use BG propellers? I can easily take of with them from water

Yep, i have indeed.

Example:

yDsZ1Rz.png

I personally don't like em as much. The lack of engine-sounds being the number-one reason.

Somehow i don't think that even the BG engines would have helped, since i had 4 TU-96 engines and 8 panthers on afterburners at one point, and even that wasn't enough.

Even now it actually has 8 of the B-29 engines on it, and they can only get it going like 18 m/s on water.

But, it's a good suggestion, and it did give me an idea.

EDIT: My idea was that i should try and shed some weight and add a little more lift to the Shetland to try and get it to take-off from water without rocket-engines.

peiXElG.png

I removed most of the structural fuselages from the roof and replaced them with wings instead. I also added a small second layer to the main wings and removed some of the fuel from the underside of the fuselage to try and add a bit of extra boyuancy.

And voila, the thing takes-off with the help of only 4 Panther engines.

Edited by kapteenipirk