Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

On 7/15/2020 at 7:52 AM, Mikenike said:

@Columbia, Please make a 737 or 787-10.

I made a B737-800 if you're interested, check it out on my KerbalX page.

I haven't posted here in months but I've been working on quite a bit lately. Here's where I'm at: 

VbVvBSV.png

The B777 has been facing a lot of problems as of late which I can't really figure out, so I'm putting it on the backburner for now.  I made a Cathay Pacific livery for it before it started to face some issues, though: 

JAJ3knE.png

Working on a Ryanair livery for the B737, which is pretty much done except I need to solve some fuel flow issues:

2ceHtRw.png

cu5UJ9o.png

1:1 B-29 Superfortress, with Breaking Ground propellers. Also finished, wrapping up a cinematic for it:

MfVRiXE.png

Fw 190 A-8:

zl92FqW.png

Airbus A321-200 (Still a lot of things to change and add, though):

QKDAjjw.png

And something I started just yesterday, an Airbus A330-300. Still trying to sort out the aerodynamics because it can't fly, and the engines are still placeholders: 

mlrKciT.png

Made a new ship, a complete redo of the old Pulsar class frigate to try and make it both actually look good (i didnt really go woth part count efficiency dis time) and work well enough to use in battles.

4ZSfY77.png

Hk35UNw.png

NyU1Z0p.png

Looks amazing, flies amazing (for what it is), no major fuel feed issues (like quite a few of my pure LFO armored ships tend to have), massive bridge which is near indestructable despite being very easy to hit, but well.....dis happens every damn time a single SRM hits the top of the thing :(...

Sw0Z4k7.png

Ill need to work on the armoring some more as i cant constantly have the ship going poof from a single salvo of SRMs...

5 hours ago, InterstellarKev said:

Looks great. I Haven't watched a lot of star trek but this does resemble one of those concept hydrogen-powered passenger planes

5788750-6353777-image-a-1_1541423428098.

Yes I see the resemblance,  in the Star Trek series the OV-165 craft were to have come after Nasa space shuttles and I believe if I got it right was an SSTO with aero spike engines.   

On 11/5/2020 at 3:51 PM, Kerbalwerks said:

Yes I see the resemblance,  in the Star Trek series the OV-165 craft were to have come after Nasa space shuttles and I believe if I got it right was an SSTO with aero spike engines.   

Got you looks nice either way cant wait to see it fly! 

9 hours ago, Yukon0009 said:

0EL00xH.png

3hX6jJH.png

IZQDPiV.png

dGXS2bj.png

Wow! that's the best looking shuttle replica ive seen in KSP to date and stock? nice Starship as well

Finally done with my version of the Halo Warthog a year after i made my first much better than it used to look

for comparison heres the old one:

PRrhhSh.png

uDquMRh.png

and the new 

BwmS65w.jpg

QTjh8Kc.jpg

yD9k0Tp.jpg

brkC2Hn.jpg

6kthKPt.jpg

13xzCVl.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2291182766

https://kerbalx.com/InterstellarKev/M12H-WARTHOG-HELLPIG

Flags:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcox4xl96y8rgfo/InterstellarKevs Custom Flags.zip?dl=0

On 11/18/2020 at 11:25 AM, InterstellarKev said:

Finally done with my version of the Halo Warthog a year after i made my first much better than it used to look

for comparison heres the old one:

and the new 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2291182766

https://kerbalx.com/InterstellarKev/M12H-WARTHOG-HELLPIG

Flags:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcox4xl96y8rgfo/InterstellarKevs Custom Flags.zip?dl=0

Good Lord you have been busy!!

8 hours ago, InterstellarKev said:

Hah you could say that been working on like 3 at once but i finished all of them now time to start a new one. 

the last is my M808 Scorpion 

0oDTvVi.jpg

Gtp4J7T.jpg

JKpRljo.jpg

That might be a good idea, to have multiple projects going at once, I usually just do one at a time, think about then change stuff , then redo it again then think about it some more................etc. etc

hSuhFaN.png

Thanks to a busy semester, I've had an untintentional ~month-long hiatus from building things. I caught a few spare hours tonight, so I got a lot of work done towards my newest replica - a MiG-23 Flogger. Thanks to the technique of flag blueprints, this build came together very quickly so far, so I don't expect the remaining bits to take too long (though who knows - they're all the moving parts of the build). 

zrkxqjV.png

given the state of Bendy Tech, I could conceivably do the wings and tail it pure stock, but I'm doing it with the DLC right now so that I can use grip pads on the cockpit and the BG parts for the landing gear)

Started putting together an Apollo Lunar Module starting with the ascent stage.  I've always found it hard to figure out the exact shape of the ascent stage, especially the asymmetrical faceted sections. Thankfully this time I was able to capture most of it through the power of flag blueprints. 

zNbrtbX.png

Here it's pretty much complete. Most of the body is made of either flag parts or grip pads, coming in at almost 700 parts total. For the white sections I'm planning to make a few custom textures to mimic the range of thermal coverings seen on the LM. I'd also like to make a semi-transparent texture for the window panels. 

ogENNY1.png

8anXydH.png

Edit:

ZfBD2Me.png

4KTr55J.png

Might've gone overboard with the flag parts...

JlpW12H.png

Edited by tehmattguy

Good lord, it's been 4 months since i uploaded anything. Sorry about that, ive been absolutely buried in work and haven't had the time to play KSP, until very recently.

Work continues on the WWII replica fleet project.

Pretty-much all of the aircraft ive built so far for the project have now received their national colors, or at-least a part of them. I still have tons of other decals to create, and a large number of the aircraft have stock textures/colors.

vOHJNNC.png

6rVDiOa.png

As an apology for taking this long, i think it's only fair i give you something nice and big to have fun with.

And what better subject than a crazy battleship with an equally crazy history.

FAMvgV6.png

The mighty H.M.S Agincourt, a large 200m long WWI battleship armed with 14-12inch guns in 7 turrets. A ship that swapped owners 2 times and  a ship that may have been the reason the Ottoman Empire sided with the Germans in WWI, but more on that in the proper post.

The K.S.S Agincourt is about 210m long and sports 15 abrams turrets as it's main battery. This all comes at a price tough, the ship has over 900 parts as a result of this (200 more than usual). It now makes this the second largest non-twekscaled ship in the KNS fleet.

Im not making any promises, but i will try my hardest to get the British side of the WWII fleet released somewhere around christmas/new-years. It is very likely i will be swamped with work till my holiday arrives, and then ill be with family and spending all my free time on the many many modelkits i have laying around waiting to be built.