Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

doing a bit of rehashing on an old project, I had this 1976 ford front end laying around so i asked around to see what i should do, and the answer was bronco. technically they only went to a full size body in 1979, but im not remaking this grill

unknown.png

grill.PNG

For reference, below is the original grill i'd made over the summer, I didnt put too much care into it, the new one is above

grill2.PNG

On 1/7/2022 at 6:25 PM, Phantomic said:

doing a bit of rehashing on an old project, I had this 1976 ford front end laying around so i asked around to see what i should do, and the answer was bronco. technically they only went to a full size body in 1979, but im not remaking this grill

unknown.png

For reference, below is the original grill i'd made over the summer, I didnt put too much care into it, the new one is above

Looking Great.............!

• 2 weeks later...

Been working, slowly but surely, on what will be one of the final updates to my Apollo project: Skylab. It's still got a long ways to go but as of right now I've almost finished furnishing the interior of the workshop section, and I've taken a few screenshots to celebrate.

aUnLpZe.png

One of the most recognizable aspects of Skylab was its gridded floor design. At first I had built these floors completely out of light strips, but this alone brought the part count waaay up to ~1400.  To save on parts and sanity I decided to instead use a custom flag texture going forward.

Qkn45if.png

Under construction

VwcEYL5.png

From the void, Bob Kerman descends to inspect the station.

Z9Igbrk.png

l9FYcYP.png

The forward compartment of the workshop houses a great deal of locker storage and cabinetry. Much of the floor space is taken up by what I presume to be all kinds of neat scientific equipment.

QQaZVxf.png

Down below, the lower floor houses the crew quarters, including the galley, bathroom, and sleeping compartments. These rooms also contain an extraordinary amount of cabinets and drawers.

rn5IBpn.png

The opposite side features more experiments, this time in the form of an exercise bike,  a lower body negative pressure device, and a spinny chair. It also houses the shower, with curtains pulled up for privacy.

brX9u4g.png

From within the device, Bob reports that he can feel a sort of... tingling. That is the sensation of progress!

7 hours ago, tehmattguy said:

Been working, slowly but surely, on what will be one of the final updates to my Apollo project: Skylab. It's still got a long ways to go but as of right now I've almost finished furnishing the interior of the workshop section, and I've taken a few screenshots to celebrate.

aUnLpZe.png

One of the most recognizable aspects of Skylab was its gridded floor design. At first I had built these floors completely out of light strips, but this alone brought the part count waaay up to ~1400.  To save on parts and sanity I decided to instead use a custom flag texture going forward.

Qkn45if.png

Under construction

VwcEYL5.png

From the void, Bob Kerman descends to inspect the station.

Z9Igbrk.png

l9FYcYP.png

The forward compartment of the workshop houses a great deal of locker storage and cabinetry. Much of the floor space is taken up by what I presume to be all kinds of neat scientific equipment.

QQaZVxf.png

Down below, the lower floor houses the crew quarters, including the galley, bathroom, and sleeping compartments. These rooms also contain an extraordinary amount of cabinets and drawers.

rn5IBpn.png

The opposite side features more experiments, this time in the form of an exercise bike,  a lower body negative pressure device, and a spinny chair. It also houses the shower, with curtains pulled up for privacy.

brX9u4g.png

From within the device, Bob reports that he can feel a sort of... tingling. That is the sensation of progress!

Woah!

I've seen the mock up from Johnson, and man, this is AWESOME!!

16 hours ago, chadgaskerman said:

if it is then I haven't seen one of those in a while

Not sure TBH,  saw a few designs of things would like to mimic or merge into one, cockpit always seem to be the hardest when I start something, so started it first this time.

16 hours ago, eberkain said:

I was thinking snowspeeder

Had to think , Snow speeder/ , then it clicked , yes I can see that too,

Edited by Kerbalwerks
grammar

• 3 weeks later...

hello i am trying to rework my old f18 i changed some curves and added a nice dcs texture to make it more realistic.
4 album 74 screenshot.
I hope you enjoy 

F/A 18C "in the air album 13 Screenshot"
U45UrG9.jpg

F/A 18C "take off at midday album 25 Screenshot"
Vqa2OWd.jpg

F/A 18C "take off at dawn album 24 Screenshot"
eGhWVhR.jpg

F/A 18C "hangar at dawn album 12 Screenshot"
wDsBQS9.jpg

On 2/22/2022 at 8:58 PM, Mouhand said:

to make it more realistic.

Ha! You can't fool me! That's obviously from a movie.

No okay but seriously what mods are you running? Either way it's a beautifully put together craft.

Lately I've been fiddling around with a 'boat.' It's 55 parts at the moment but I want to get it down to 50 and I'm not sure what to sacrifice.

Made a video for it (the editing for the ending is very sloppy, be warned)

Edited by Earthlinger
Unfortunately due to looks, it be a sluggish boat :(

On 2/26/2022 at 9:57 PM, Earthlinger said:

Ha! You can't fool me! That's obviously from a movie.

straight from Top Gun maverick:sticktongue:

On 2/26/2022 at 9:57 PM, Earthlinger said:

No okay but seriously what mods are you running? Either way it's a beautifully put together craft.

thank you,
8  mods:
70% fuselage "procedural wings"
20% nose, cockpit and fuel tanks "procedural part" ,
10% "aviation lights" and "conformal decals"
kerbal foundries for landing gears
"BDA" "FAR" and "advanced jet engine"
fuslage texture from DCS
and visual mods AVP TUFX TURD ...............
about 160 parts fully loaded!

• 1 month later...