GusTurbo

Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

9029 posts in this topic

Thoughts on the new F1? 

Spoiler

CXPy3Am.png

BsiAkF7.png

5d0OQGc.png

nNzQLqp.png

 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I read there was some progress, they might have kerbpaint working again soon, or did you change the texture dds?

Yes, I edited the dds in paint.net.

I copied the layer, selected the cone bit, deleted the background and made it green with a little shade.

It's very easy when you know how to do it. (It took me a week) :lol:

Guess what I'm working on...^_^

wwAz81L.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Triop said:

Yes, I edited the dds in paint.net.

I copied the layer, selected the cone bit, deleted the background and made it green with a little shade.

It's very easy when you know how to do it. (It took me a week) :lol:

I would do that to my fairings because kerbpaint is not able to paint them, it's also a pretty easy paint job on the fairings

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2017 at 9:08 PM, selfish_meme said:

Someone on reddit just achieved 343ms in a stock propeller plane, let the games begin!

Link. I need evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gman_builder said:

Link. I need evidence.

There was a link a couple of posts down, anyway thats old news, I think they are above 360ms now

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

There was a link a couple of posts down, anyway thats old news, I think they are above 360ms now

bUNXwFD.jpg

:lol:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I read there was some progress, they might have kerbpaint working again soon, or did you change the texture dds?

Oh that would be nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ghostbuzzer7 said:

Thoughts on the new F1? 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thats a lot of wheels!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Exploration upper stage WIP

I plan to build the several variants of SLS (once I have time of course!)

X9WbkfT.png

zTWgp9o.png

 

Also

Rocket lab's new shiny black rocket

Haven't decided whether to use a custom black fairing or change the stock textures

1qqI3e2.png

wKM9Qi9.png

 

Edited by Yukon0009
6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't decide

Which bay door is better for the X-20?

Small elevon bay door

sakbjKo.png

X8sGGZC.png

Doesn't fit as smooth as the airbrake door when closed but the size is more reasonably (small).

57jyC89.png

QytXLQH.png

Fits smoothly but looks weird when opened..

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

All your Islands are belong to us

brB4KGd.png

Thinking about another film, maybe a mini-series

Edited by selfish_meme
6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

There was a link a couple of posts down, anyway thats old news, I think they are above 360ms now

Dang that progressed quick. The record was around 250 since last September i think. Me and Azimech and another guy raced to the top for a good couple weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Working on a flying coffin, not happy with the wings yet, but wow, this widowmaker flies fast and can turn ! :cool:

BuWO7sj.png

Edited by Triop
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Yukon0009 said:

I can't decide

Which bay door is better for the X-20?

Small elevon bay door

Doesn't fit as smooth as the airbrake door when closed but the size is more reasonably (small).

Fits smoothly but looks weird when opened..

I think I'd have to go with the airbrakes cause it looks so smooth when closed and not too bad when opened in my opinion. Great ingenuity by the way, creating your own 1.25m cargo bay like that. Is the finished product gonna be a mini space shuttle sorta deal?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Skyshrim said:

I think I'd have to go with the airbrakes cause it looks so smooth when closed and not too bad when opened in my opinion. Great ingenuity by the way, creating your own 1.25m cargo bay like that. Is the finished product gonna be a mini space shuttle sorta deal?

@Yukon0009I agree, airbrakes looks better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The guy behind the X-20 (ex-n a z i scientist of course) also developed a Spaceplane during WWI, and a Ramjet fighter

jhsang-4.jpg

fs401.jpg

Edited by selfish_meme
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The Co-122 goes on its first test flight. Main problem it had was intermitent control due to being a probe. Need to give it a proper crew section.

VRoNXFh.png

Edited by Frozen_Heart
5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I changed the pitot tube of my Mig-21 to something that won't break off. I also clipped in counter-productive control surfaces, to imitate stalls when pitching up hard. (clipping isn't cheating if it's meant to decrease the performance, right?)

34r90eo.jpg

 

I'm now more likely to slam into the ground or other objects, but performance is still good enough: 

fcv7u9.jpg

Edited by Jefzor
6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jefzor said:

I changed the pitot tube of my Mig-21 to something that won't break off. I also clipped in counter-productive control surfaces, to imitate stalls when pitching up hard. (clipping isn't cheating if it's meant to decrease the performance, right?)

 

Not a fan of the antenna bit, reminds me of Boba Fett's helmet, about clipping, well, if we don't see it, it isn't there,also,there are too many comma's in this sentence.

MiG-21: :rep::rep::rep::rep::rep:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Jefzor said:

changed the pitot tube of my Mig-21 to something that won't break off.

Have to agree with triop, not really a fan. Have you tried the surface mount communotron? Works fairly well, and is impervious to aero pressure issues.

 

Edited by qzgy
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on an orbital missile defense platform, a static missile platform designed to hit any ships nearby, useful for enforcing planetary blockades:

C6Veg5p.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whee!

8emFnTB.png

EKVz1Bm.png

Guess the plane...

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, qzgy said:

Whee!

8emFnTB.png

EKVz1Bm.png

Guess the plane...

The Ryan Vertijet!  Cool.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Working on an orbital missile defense platform, a static missile platform designed to hit any ships nearby, useful for enforcing planetary blockades:

C6Veg5p.png

First thing I thought when I saw that was "Hey ... beer!"

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

All your Islands are belong to us

brB4KGd.png

Thinking about another film, maybe a mini-series

Nice! If Squad is interested in the work I'm doing over here, we might have the ability to sink stock ships someday in the future. If you guys like it too, give the topic some attention.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now