Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

I'm having some trouble with the Dragon v2. When I launch it, the white radial intakes tend to jitter and slide all about the craft- has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way to stop it? Ex:

j53DFee.png

Wow! That looks fantastic! Dosen't look stock! (The mark of a good builder.)

And those are structural fuselages, right?

Nope, guess again :P

That looks very nice!

What are you going to do for the docking port?

Not sure, I may yet revert to the shielded docking port. More functional, less beautiful.

Another one fighter :) It's quite small and easy to fly, but doesn't have much fuel:

http://i.imgur.com/wMCGsqU.png

http://i.imgur.com/NnBVx6X.png

Nice ship. I can see what the front was inspired by :)

I'll have to try another Ranger-style ship at some point...

Anyway, I've made a new torus, but this one's different to the others I've built so far:

63qbf6X.png

Yep, a big hydroponics ring (I use big relatively speaking; it's a bit wider than my Midi-Torus). The greenhouses are from Lack Luster Labs. Oddly, they didn't align properly at the ends, which I'm guessing is down to a fault in the model, but some slight offset tweaks fixed it.

As I think I said before, I'm neck deep in the flight testing of this (intentionally dark pic):

V8HbyHC.png

Yup, I've gone back to a classic, and this time we go back to the basic spirit of the line: pure rocketry, to improve performance on airless worlds, and part count while we are at it (85!). All in preparation for the upcoming Duna window (~2.5km/s fully loaded on low-isp/high-thrust VTOL engines, more than enough for Duna shuttling) in my save. On the other plus side, launching is faster and simpler this way, and cost is pretty much the same, those RAPIERs and intakes sure are expensive, even though you no longer have easy 100% recovery. Still, it might merit a release just for saving 60 parts over the airbreathing version, never mind the improved looks of rebuilding it from the ground up with gizmos.

Rune. And Jim will be happy to know, the bay doors no longer clip anything. :P

Edited by Rune

As I think I said before, I'm neck deep in the flight testing of this (intentionally dark pic):

http://i.imgur.com/V8HbyHC.png

Yup, I've gone back to a classic, and this time we go back to the basic spirit of the line: pure rocketry, to improve performance on airless worlds, and part count while we are at it (85!). All in preparation for the upcoming Duna window (~2.5km/s fully loaded on low-isp/high-thrust VTOL engines, more than enough for Duna shuttling) in my save. On the other plus side, launching is faster and simpler this way, and cost is pretty much the same, those RAPIERs and intakes sure are expensive, even though you no longer have easy 100% recovery. Still, it might merit a release just for saving 60 parts over the airbreathing version, never mind the improved looks of rebuilding it from the ground up with gizmos.

Rune. And Jim will be happy to know, the bay doors no longer clip anything. :P

My, my, you are the goddamn emperor of low part counts.