Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

45 minutes ago, Kryten 2X4B 523P said:

Heres a little something Ive been working on - early / mid career low level survey aircraft inspired by the OV-10 Bronco.

Powered by a single hidden Wheelsey, can reach about 260 ms on a sea level straight, pretty stable & glides really nicely. Not massively responsive but more than adequate, and pretty forgiving to fly. 

5693DAA39FBD4D58AAFDACFADF75C8D4D3E2794B

Need to grab a class A asteroid and build it round that :-)

@Kryten 2X4B 523P This craft looks nice, good build!

I still need to finish the Gato, but I keep procrastinating with other stupid projects that I probably won't finish, like this wrecking ball.

dTURuVt.jpg

I'm going to tear down this fuel tank and build a new hotel in its place.

Spoiler

BHtbdOU.jpg

Wrecking BallTM not guaranteed to work more than once. Also not guaranteed to actually swing the ball. This demolition job was actually done by driving the entire vehicle into the fuel tank.

Going to launch this sign to Ike:

sYtJS9t.png

(along with a lander with a tricked-out rover)

Should I change the colors of the Illuminators?

(Mods: I PM'ed Red Iron Crown about if this was appropriate or not, he said it was fine, remove this post if deemed inappropriate)

Edited by TheSpaceManiac

22 hours ago, Majorjim said:

Those pics are a little bit too dark WooDzor. Any chance of some clearer ones?

Like this?

screenshot299.png

screenshot300.png

screenshot301.png

I am procrastinating on the solar truss though :-( funny how it really feels like a horrible thing to do, couldn't they just thrown in some nuclear things on a string to sort out the power supply for the ISS??

Edited by WooDzor

1 hour ago, WooDzor said:

Like this?

screenshot299.png

screenshot300.png

screenshot301.png

I am procrastinating on the solar truss though :-( funny how it really feels like a horrible thing to do, couldn't they just thrown in some nuclear things on a string to sort out the power supply for the ISS??

heh :) they would need extra radiator arrays to keep the thing cooled down instead of solar panels :)

Hi Kerbonauts!

My Soyuz D Launch vehicle. The core stage is by the separation of the boosters destroyed as you can see but the final stage has far enough deltaV to go to a SpaceStation or so. It will be much improved 

to be continued! :)

I've updated WW2 Warships to 0.5 and therefore I'm rebuilding some designs.

BB: roughly the same size as the Montana class (295m), 55kton, 6 large boilers, 4 large turbines, total 50MN thrust, flank speed 27kn (14.1m/s).
CVA: with the same hull, 45kton, flank speed 31kn (16m/s).
CA: 16kton, 6 medium boilers, 4 medium turbines, total 20MN thrust, flank speed 33kn (17m/s).

14 minutes ago, Azimech said:

I've updated WW2 Warships to 0.5 and therefore I'm rebuilding some designs.

BB: roughly the same size as the Montana class (295m), 55kton, 6 large boilers, 4 large turbines, total 50MN thrust, flank speed 27kn (14.1m/s).
CVA: with the same hull, 45kton, flank speed 31kn (16m/s).
CA: 16kton, 6 medium boilers, 4 medium turbines, total 20MN thrust, flank speed 33kn (17m/s).

@Azimech Another outstanding amount of work shown here Azimech! You absolutely meet the wow factor here once again. I will try that Carrier soon with a few of my Aircraft and thank for your hard work I am sure many of us will enjoy this.

I've successfully updated to WW2 Warships 0.5, and the Bismarck's 1st Deck is finished, and all for turrets have been installed. The ship still reaches a good 16.5 M/s, but I need to figure out how to STOP breaking the bow is spectacular fashion. The Scatterer shaders weren't working as planned, unfortunately. At 363 parts now! 

7 hours ago, castille7 said:

@PointySideUp As I've said in the past, from the runway to any planet is a great accomplishment. I love the engine room and this craft surely needed all that thrust, you're packing some weight on this craft.

Speaking of runways and planets... drop tests successful! I only need to hit the ground going <4m/s, and it doesn't even explode if you bounce a bit. I'd imagine the >1.5 TWR fully laden and a suitable bump in terrain should be enough for takeoff when airless... Very proud of how I packed everything in the bay, no moving part clips anything when doing its thing, the kerbal can walk off and on the ramp, and best of all? I got the thrust torque to be under 1kN, so that incredibly powerful vernor-based RCS system is just to make it dance if needs be.

dVotAX9.png

Rune. Still, no freaking way I test its intended mission fully with LS installed and my career going... any volunteer test pilots out there?

Edited by Rune

52 minutes ago, castille7 said:

@Rune Let me at it! Where's the craft file? I will check it out, I've never did a test yet, this will be my first so expect very little info from this pilot

PM away! Just try to get back to me with plenty of criticism and screenies, ok? Happy flying!

Rune. It is very easy to copy-paste a message to other people, too, if more are interested... ;)

Edited by Rune

2 hours ago, Rune said:

PM away! Just try to get back to me with plenty of criticism and screenies, ok? Happy flying!

Rune. It is very easy to copy-paste a message to other people, too, if more are interested... ;)

We really shouldn't have allowed Bob to put his hands on this incredible Beast!.....He's already pulling this craft apart saying there was too much weight in the forward section of the craft causing it to become unstable at high speeds..... @Rune is it ok if he relocates the cargo bay in the rear of the craft?

qal6RvK.png

Edited by castille7

1 hour ago, castille7 said:

We really shouldn't have allowed Bob to put his hands on this incredible Beast!.....He's already pulling this craft apart saying there was too much weight in the forward section of the craft causing it to become unstable at high speeds..... @Rune is it ok if he relocates the cargo bay in the rear of the craft?

That is... unlikely to help. But I've already PM'ed you with what I think you are doing wrong.

Rune. And the pic is hilarious. :D

I hope my little aircraft carrier can handle SaturnianBlue's Bismarck. Not in a direct confrontation of course. It was sank today by my heavy cruiser.

6OZjr1x.png

DsfmuXi.png

pQbTa00.png

For anyone interested in building docks ... without admin building, mast and generator it's a whopping 11 parts. Yes, I know. Makes your CPU melt and all.
Size of this construction: 1140 x 1140 meter. No welding. Mass: 11.6 million tons ... and still floats.

40 minutes ago, Azimech said:

For anyone interested in building docks ... without admin building, mast and generator it's a whopping 11 parts. Yes, I know. Makes your CPU melt and all.
Size of this construction: 1140 x 1140 meter. No welding. Mass: 11.6 million tons ... and still floats.

Is there some way to tie the ship up, or just docking ports at water line

Just now, selfish_meme said:

Is there some way to tie the ship up, or just docking ports at water line

No docking ports or tying up. And I'm not sure what it would do with the physics. Without water current or wind they stay where they are anyway :-)