[WIP] Vessel View: v0.4

PeteTimesSix

MOVED TO HERE

----Old post----

Right, here we go.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

(Youll have to forgive me the crappy .gif's, not something I have to do often)

As for the RPM version...

Javascript is disabled. View full album

RasterPropMonitor can be found here.

Standalone version (requires Toolbar)

RPM version

Pick whichever you like, or both.

Now uses moduleManager. Vessel Viewer can be located on whichever tab info is on. In KSI MFD's its the third option on the plugin page (unlabeled to avoid having to overwrite the page text files).

Source now on GitHub.

KEEP IN MIND: This is very much a Work-In-Progress. Dont be suprised if it crashes, eats your FPS, fills your console with NullPointerExceptions, or just plain doesnt work. If youre okay with that though, use it to your hearts content, and if you do run into any bugs do not hesitate to post them.

Known bug list:

Shows nothing on IVA reload (after switching crafts, for example). Switching from and back to the Vessel Viewer page works as a workaround.

Part Selector initially red all over. Resolves upon any interaction.

Since the default settings can now optionally be changed in the init files, I should probably explain what they do:

colorModeMesh, colorModeBox: color mode for the mesh/box (0=WHITE, 1=STATE, 2=STAGE, 3=HEAT, 4=FUEL, 5=HIDE)

default for mesh is WHITE, for box its HIDE

colorModeMeshDull, colorModeBoxDull: dulling of the colors above.

Mesh default is on, box default is off.

autoCenterMode: whenever the screen autorecenters the entire craft.

default is on.

centerOnRootH, centerOnRootV: horizontal/vertical centering of the crafts root part (autocentering must be enabled)

horizontal default is on, vertical is off.

centeringModeRescale: if autocentering is on, whenever the craft is also rescaled to fit the screen.

default is on.

scaleFactor: if autorescaling is off, you can use this to specify a custom scale factor.

scrOffX, scrOffY: if autocentering is off, you can use these to specify the crafts position on the screen

the center of the crafts root part is in 0,0 (so to center it, you need to move that point into the screens center)

partSelectMode:whenever the part selector is active.

defaults to off.

selectionSymmetry: whenever part selector activated actions affect all symmetry counterparts.

defaults to on.

centerSelection: whenever the part selector should center/rescale to fit on the selected part instead of the whole vessel.

defaults to off.

latencyMode: whenever the screen should render on a delay (for performance reasons).

defaults to on.

Edited by PeteTimesSix
Update 5: Now with a 100% less overwriting

Next up I plan to look over the RasterPropMonitor addon and seeing if I can figure out how to add this to an IVA screen, but since I know how much I tend to commit to actually finishing stuff (that is: I don't) I figured its worth checking if anyone is interested in this incarnation?

What's really funny is I was just thinking today how I wanted to figure out if I could find a way to render a view of the ship like that in RPM. If you've gotten that far, and you're willing to share the code you've done (just to bootstrap the RPM integration), feel free to PM me (in case I lose track of this thread).

This would be awesome to have! If you can get it integrated with RasterPropMonitor, it will an absolute must have mod for me.

No more unidentified explosions outside the cockpit; with this I'll know which parts are no longer attached :)

So I'm seeing this, and the first thing that comes to my mind is:

Enterprise-D_MSD.jpg

My question is, will this track in (semi) real time parts extending or moved using Infernal Robotics? Coz I just had a really crazy awesome idea involving KSP Interstellar and this display...

This looks really awesome. But i agree that it would be best also integrated as an rpm element. Wish we had damage so the components could change colors (maybe they can change color when they overheat. Very helpful for iva view deadly reentries) also being able to use the view to judge weak points would be very helpful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.