[1.2.x] Kerbonov Kn-2 Cockpit Module

Sam Hall

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220999-kerbonov-parts-pack

backup Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7t2cknu1kq77jp/Kerbonov_12-25-16.zip?dl=0

UPDATE 12/2016
Many changes this time:
-Updated compatibility for KSP 1.2.x
-Grid fin: Has been made foldable; this requires the installation of RetractableLiftingSurface Module (

) in order to work correctly. Many thanks to linuxgurugamer for this extremely handy module!

-Edited properties of some other parts for better balance in newer versions of KSP. The mini turbojet, for example, had little real reason to exist after the introduction of the "Juno" engine, so it's been shrunk down even further to basically RC model aircraft scale.
-Too many graphics updates to list individually. Edited or completely remade nearly all models and textures on all other parts. Most diffuse, normal and emissive textures have been tweaked extensively to minimize S3 compression artifacting. The KN2 and passenger pod have been completely remodeled to look stock-alike with the modern 24-sided airplane parts, instead of the old 18-sided C7 ones.
-Added several new parts, including the KN-7 spaceplane cockpit module (with IVA).

UPDATE 5/15:
fixed compatability with 1.0. Converted textures to .dds format.

UPDATE 7/14:

Adjusted prices to bring everything more in line with the stock parts for 0.24. No other changes.

UPDATE 6/14:

Added three extra parts to pack, touched up some textures on KN2 internals, fixed nonworking sound effects on micro radial decoupler and RATO motor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Kn-2 module is a 1.25-meter cockpit with IVA view for use with smallish spaceplanes. It seats 3 kerbals, and is roughly intermediate in weight between the Mk1 and Mk3 cockpits.

m8jfWXjl.jpg

aGyWWSkl.jpg

6zzOylJl.jpg

9slXs1Sl.jpg

qFvl4Ogl.jpg

zw1YJKbl.jpg

P3I3OI8l.jpg

ppAktnQl.jpg

Also packaged in the zipfile are 6 additional parts:

EJ38MM2m.jpg

Hood ornament: A snazzy little chrome doodad for classing up your horrible spaceplane / rocket death dragster.

L1MOVmYm.jpg

Probe RCS: A tiny, low powered RCS block with its own small monopropellant supply built in. Good for unmanned micro-probes.

SpFae5Qm.jpg

Drop tank: A light, streamlined 50L jet fuel pod. Includes its own built in decoupler for when it runs dry.

xv3WK1Sm.jpg

Radial Micro Decoupler: What it says on the label. Now itsy bitsy ships can benefit from asparagus staging too.

V7X1Qe7m.jpg

RATO Booster: A bit like a bigger, heftier sepratron, except stackable.

p4mTDSlm.jpg

Grid Fin: Fits a very large effective surface area into a compact (front to back) package.

Edit: Added 6/14

rjYV3Twm.png

OCq3ZbSm.jpg

Small Inline Passenger Can: A single-seat 1.25m hitchhiker container for spaceplanes.

yT2Om9Hm.png

Heavy Duty Command Seat: A heavier, tougher, stack mountable version of the external command seat. Also has limited SAS functionality.

bJUW80om.png

Mini Turbojet: Basically a very scaled down version of the standard jet engine. Good for UAVs or flying rovers.

Edit: added 12/16

QdNVDVq.jpg

EN4I4qz.jpg

Kn-7 Cockpit: Fits MK2 spaceplane fuselages. Seats 3. Narrow. Tall.

tSBWTWd.jpg

MK2 Side-Loading Cargo Bay: Comes in 2 sizes. Intended to make designing a plane around the Kn7 cockpit marginally less awkward.

License: CC 3.0 Share Alike with attribution

Edited by Sam Hall
updated. i know, i'm surprised too!

Nice! I'm not a spaceplane fan, but this is so awesome it's worth giving a try. :D

Well, if you're not a spaceplane fan, there's no reason you couldn't use it as an awesome cabin for large rovers!

Its shape and great view would make it perfect for driving.

Well, if you're not a spaceplane fan, there's no reason you couldn't use it as an awesome cabin for large rovers!

Thats exactly what I'm planning to do. Gorgeous mod, and pretty handy/interesting additional parts. The IVA is wonderful.

O M G ...

THIS IS PERFECT!!!!!! MAKE IT STOCK!!!!!

This is exaclty the kind of thing KSP needs, such a good stockalike cockpit.

A lot of the new stock parts are pretty detailed, and yet the older spaceplane parts are still kinda awful. would it take very long for someone a Squad to fix them up a bit?

Or... docking cockpit. Or orbital tug cockpit. THAT alone is why I downloaded it. The Hood Ornament was just a great little gag to add.

Hrm... Now that I've started using RasterPropMonitor, my only wish is to have a glass cockpit version of this.

That said, it's a perfect cockpit for my needs. Made my first 100% stable aircraft with it. And, the drop tanks will add much needed range to that plane, and simplify the use of the RAPIER engines. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.