[1.2.x] Kerbonov Kn-2 Cockpit Module

Sam Hall

Wow! That is a really fantastic looking and extremely functional design.

The atmospheric pressure display on the airlock door is a really nice touch, as is the fact that you devoted internal volume to a space for an actual airlock instead of just putting a hatch on the wall.

Edited by RoboRay

I just put a science lab in orbit around the Mun and it needs a reusable lander for surface visits. Here's Engineering Test Article #1:

7fjQDPa.png

AFUwrL7.png

For some reason, the theme song from that old TV show Sanford and Son starting running through my head.

I wished you kept analog navball ;_;

Honestly the issue is space. The internal area to work with is tiny and with the way the Kerbals sit, they are already above the instrumentation. I just don't know where I could fit one in without getting rid of a gauge. Draw me an arrow where you want it and I'll see about updating it.

wpyyb4V.png

Well i have two obvious positions, red ones... 2nd woudl be viible for both pilots bot it woudl be harder to watch navball and window view simultaneously, 1-st from he other hand woudl be visible just to left side pilot.

And blue circles, these are only decorations. COudl you insert some props from alcor? 1st circle, staging switch and 2nd circle action groups buttons.

Well i have two obvious positions, red ones... 2nd woudl be viible for both pilots bot it woudl be harder to watch navball and window view simultaneously, 1-st from he other hand woudl be visible just to left side pilot.

And blue circles, these are only decorations. COudl you insert some props from alcor? 1st circle, staging switch and 2nd circle action groups buttons.

The buttons along the top are functional, they control lights, SAS, brakes, RCS and gear. I also like functional stuff, I tried to minimize fluff. The switches along the side of the throttle also indicate your current trim, PITCH, ROLL and YAW. The bottom switches though, are decor and I've been thinking about using ALCOR but that will take some more time. For know, I'll put the navball in though. Just check this post in twenty minutes, I'm testing some other interiors.

Kerbonov RPM w/ Navball

Honestly I'll probably get around to tweaking this to improve usability but this should work fine for the time being.

Edited by Hyomoto

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.