What is the absolutely first game you remember playing?

11of10

For me, it was Giana sisters, or some similar Mario like game, on Spectrum ZX at friends.

I was some 6 years old, the year was 1990.

Well, for me it is more complicated.. the first game console EVER in my life was the Atari 2600, but I don't remember any specific games anymore..

The first computer was the Amstrad CPC6128, and here I remember "Harrier Attack", "Miami Vice", and my all time favorite on that machine: "Exolon".

And my first PC came preinstalled with stuff from my uncle, and I remember two of the games: MS Flight Simulator 4.0, and "Wolfenstein 3D" (yeah, my uncle brouht me into shooters.. AND simulations :)

I remember that machine like it was yesterday.. 14" CRT screen that was utter crap, 386DX40 (AMD Clone), 4Megs of Ram, 120 Megs of HDD .. and it was years until I had saved enough allowance to get an

ISA-Soundblaster and a matching CD-Rom Drive (back in those days, the CD-Rom attached to the Soundcard.. ) but hey, Rebel Assault!.. and don't get me started on when I got my P133 mit a whopping 16 Megs of Ram and a Voodoo 1.. I was blown away by "Shadows of the Empire"..

The first "real game" I ever played was Tomb Raider, on Windows 95. I was 4 or 5 years old so I wasn't really good at it, nor did I understand a single bit of the story, but I had a ton of fun with it. Especially with the T-Rex and cheat codes :D

I have vague memories of this Star Wars game. I THINK it was Rebel Assault, but I remember so little I can't be certain. I was very young at the time, and I never really figured out how to play. The first games I have any significant and detailed memory of are Rollercoaster Tycoon and Microsoft Flight Simulator 98.

Jet Set Willy on the ZX Spectrum.

Back in the day when you loaded everything from tape, and waited at least five minutes for a game to load. Consider that the next time you're waiting for KSP to load.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.