What is the absolutely first game you remember playing?

11of10

Jet Set Willy on the ZX Spectrum.

Back in the day when you loaded everything from tape, and waited at least five minutes for a game to load. Consider that the next time you're waiting for KSP to load.

Same here. This, Manic Miner, and Trap Door are the earliest games I can recall playing.

The first game for me was either some battle ship sort of game on my dad's palm pilot or backyard football.

Really it depends on whether or not my dad had his palm pilot before 1999.

And, can I point out how much I love the fact that some of you who love this game are older than him (I'm looking at you, pong dudes).

...my dad had his palm pilot before 1999.

And, can I point out how much I love the fact that some of you who love this game are older than him (I'm looking at you, pong dudes).

We love it because we remember watching or listening to the Apollo program as it was happening :)

Tic-Tac-Toe on a Digital PDP-8 mini computer way back in 72. It was a very powerful computer with a whopping 6k bytes of memory which was a step up from the 4k it came with as stock, a teletype for output, and used punched paper tape to store program code.

Edited by dr_jt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.