What is the absolutely first game you remember playing?

11of10

mDx1PVeJ78AKcS3OmwxIFtA.jpg

Still got it!

Either that or:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSziOlcPrCJRFhxxkR4rPNHi4L45IPfJbix83SyxqP6jgj-dTwy

Edit: Hang on, I just remembered playing a game where you had to navigate a frog through a maze to a lily pad, then it would eat a fly. That was on my grandparents' computer, and I might have played that before the other two.

Edit 2: Turns out that was called "Help the Froggy" and was part of a set of kids games called "Amy's first primer". I'll need to look into this.

Edited by Tw1

I'm gonna have to go with Rush 2049:

LjmsfBFl.jpg

This and Rush 2 on the Nintendo 64 pretty much owned my childhood. This game had an amazing battle mode, set in futuristic arenas and original weapons (not everyday you use a giant shockwave machine and a high-tech battering ram to destroy your opponents). Also, all the cars have wings:

WC7wp0kl.jpg

Need I say more?

It was something on an Amstrad, but was too young to know what I was doing. I do however specifically remember one, (which was also my favourite). After some searching it turns out to be this, played on a green on green screen. Lucky me it was only one of the most difficult games ever, but, the bouncing pumpkin made it all worth it. :]

Then, it was probably Bubble Bobble on DOS, which a neighbour had. And then probably SkiFree on Windows 3.11

The very first one, hmm... A "space invaders" kind of game on Iskra-226. ("Spark 226", an early Soviet analogue of... hmm.. MSX, I'd say, Or a ZX. Only the thing was almost the size of a desk).

The first one that left a serious impression and led me to be a games junkie - F19 on a Compaq XT. Loved how there was a volume knob on the monitor. Never saw this little feature since, alas.

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=1267&st=2

We had one of these when I was a kid in the early 80s.. Basically a pong console.

My mother actually loves relating a story when they 'lost' me one time when the car broke down.. a quick search found me in the nearest arcade, pressing every button I could reach as I wandered around in my nappy.

Yup, I've been at this for a while.

This.

pitfall-activision-atari-1680x1050.jpeg

I've been around computers since I was worn in 1986, though the first one I remember was something like an atari 64, and the game in the image is the first one I played. Then came the PC with some DOS games like comander ken, though at that time I couldn't speak english so I was limited on games. Ah, and I'm forgetting about monkey island, that I bought in 1993.

• 1 year later...

Some very early 80s, maybe late 70s videogame console, don't remember the name of it, it was mainly black, had like 8 oder 10 variants of pong and a crude lightgun game on it, two controllers with paddles and a button, and a pump-action lightrifle for the lightgun game. For the lightgun game to work you had to turn off all the lights in the room, otherwise everytime you pulled the trigger it counted as a hit regardless of the direction you pointed that rifle.

When I was four, one of my uncles had this, and I remember watching my father and my uncle playing this for a while, then handing me one of the paddles. I wasn't very impressed at all and it bored me after like 15 minutes or so.

After that, my uncle gave me a little green plastic chest and told me it is full of snake eggs, and I should never ever open it, otherwise the snakes would hatch and bite me.

I was like "Okay, thanks", and after I got home I put that chest on a shelf in my room and didn't opened it for a few days, then I got curious and opened it.

It was full of LEGOs, never heard of or seen LEGOs before, but an hour later I had built the most impressive spaceship known to mankind, and I searched the household for glue to make that spacecraft more durable, found some and ended up being angrily yelled at for glueing LEGOS and a sock to the carpet.

Ah, the memories ....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.