[1.0.5/1.1] Flight Systems Redux ASET Props and RPM IVA (8 April 2016)

MOARdV

Hope all is well can't wait to play with the Gemini Mark 2 IVA please :D

I've got to find time to work on it. Between Real Life, a very hectic work schedule, and needing to fix some things in RPM, this has slipped a bit later than intended. I'd also like to get an official RPM build out before I release the update, since some of its features are not available in 0.14.

• 2 months later...
Any chance on getting the updated to use with RPM .17 ?

Well, I'd wait until MOARdV gets around to it, but for now, replacing the MDF40x20.cfg with this one should get it back to running.

EDIT: Tested, loads. Pages need more editing though, because all the buttons in the new model are moved around...

Edited by Mihara

Well, I'd wait until MOARdV gets around to it, but for now, replacing the MDF40x20.cfg with this one should get it back to running.

EDIT: Tested, loads. Pages need more editing though, because all the buttons in the new model are moved around...

Edited by Mecripp2

Any chance on getting the updated to use with RPM .17 ?

EDIT- Thanks Mihara :D

Thanks, Mihara, for posting a bandaid. :)

Real life has been extremely uncooperative, but I'm trying to get back into playing KSP again. I'll try to get the posted version updated for 0.17 and see if I can get the new version working again soon (for some definition of "soon").

Random thought: Actually, I think that with the current RPM code, at least one of the stock gauges -- the one with a single rotating hand -- can be adapted to be an analog gauge with no changes, and so do axis indicators.

Random thought: Actually, I think that with the current RPM code, at least one of the stock gauges -- the one with a single rotating hand -- can be adapted to be an analog gauge with no changes, and so do axis indicators.

That could be interesting to augment the slightly-retro 2.0 version of this capsule (once I dust it off and make it RPM 0.17 compatible). I've already added analog/mechanical numeric displays.

29 June 2014 update:

Version 1.0 of the FASA Gemini IVA modernization has been bumped to version 1.1 as a quick fix to work with RPM 0.17.

I've also released Version 2.0 of the FASA Gemini IVA, which includes a slightly more analog look-and-feel (pix will be updated on the first post soon).

You'll have to pick which version to use. Due to Real Life time constraints, I have not done a lot of testing on these recently. Please feel free to leave feedback in the likely event that I overlooked something, and I'll try to fix it sooner rather than later.

• 4 weeks later...
Does this work fine in 0.24 x64 (I assume it does). I will try it when I get home, just thought I'd ask though.

Since RPM and MM (the plugins this IVA uses) were already updated for 0.24, it should work just fine. If you find any problems, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
I Think you could make a version that doesn't have the monitors but have all the other RPM stuff, so we can have an interactive IVA with historical accuracy. :)

It's something I've considered. The biggest trick is that it'll be impossible (or difficult) to do certain tasks from IVA - like selecting docking targets. If I had any modeling skill, I'd make a few props that are more realistic, instead of the improvised reskins and rescales that I've used.

• 2 months later...
I'm seeing similar behaviour. The textures for the props are just fine, but the displays are gibberish.

Argh. Okay, I'll have to take a look at it when I can get some time. It might be a few days before I can dig into it.

I'm seeing similar behaviour. The textures for the props are just fine, but the displays are gibberish.

I finally had a chance to look at this ... and I don't see a problem. It's working for me, and it's showing correct text. If you're still seeing a problem, please provide an output_log.txt and a list of mods.

Works great for me but, I don't use ATM.

I tried with the latest & greatest ATM. I think there was one release of it after 0.25 came out that incorrectly compressed files in directories that didn't have config files, but that was fixed.

Hallo,can i ask...what about the KOSMOS VA, IVA,you have to your plans with JSI monitors?

Oh, yeah. I had nearly forgotten about the KOSMOS VA. I'm sorry - I was never 100% happy with it, and I real life got too busy for me to keep messing with it. I'll see if I can get it working correctly with RPM and put it up.

Oh, yeah. I had nearly forgotten about the KOSMOS VA. I'm sorry - I was never 100% happy with it, and I real life got too busy for me to keep messing with it. I'll see if I can get it working correctly with RPM and put it up.

Oh,no problem my friend,Real life First,only i feel remind,because i love this command module,and you do excellent work....thanks for the respond!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.