[1.0.5/1.1] Flight Systems Redux ASET Props and RPM IVA (8 April 2016)

MOARdV

Could you send me 

8 hours ago, Jacke said:

They're from a consequences of a change in KSP.  From the RPM release page on Github:

Colour tags will be present in all IVA's.  They're fixed in the RPM placeholder IVA's but every other IVA will have to be fixed by hand.  Colour tags are in the ASET props, maybe also ASET avoinics, features used in many custom IVA's.  I went through and did a crafted regexp search-and-replace in ASET props and there are over a hundred of them.  It's complex as the HTML-style implies needing a closing "</color>" and some features may have several colour changes in succession.  As well, setting up and doing a massive regexp search-and-replace has to exclude IVA MFD files as they will match but must be left unchanged.

When I tried fixing the last ASET props released, I think I got them all right.  But the fix has either caused or exposed other errors in the IVA's I've tested them with, seen as misplaced or oversized text.  Fixing them correctly is going to be a lot of work.  I may take another crack at fixing ASET props, but I may just wait for @alexustas to release his new ASET props for KSP 1.2.  As well, IVA's using those props will likely have to be fixed independently.   And getting an IVA right is a lot of work.

Could you post your fixed version Please? I would really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016-12-28 at 2:36 PM, Pepethecat said:

Could you post your fixed version [ of ASET props and avionics ] please? I would really appreciate it.

I've not tested them thoroughly and every IVA using ASET props I've tested them with has had other text display artifacts.  I've not played KSP very much since early December and haven't had a chance to tackle another conversion of ASET from scratch as it's a significant task.  I'm personally tempted to just stick to stock RPM IVA's until at such time @alexustas releases a new KSP 1.2.2 compliant version of ASET.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 4:37 PM, xel'lotath said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I get the 'modernized' Gemini IVA, with the MFD? At the moment I have the old-fashioned IVA with no MFD.

It's a much older version of the mod, and it would require a lot of work to get it functioning correctly with the current version of RPM.  If you want to do the work updating the configs, I can track it down and put it back up on DropBox, but I don't have the time to spend on updating it myself.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, debaker02 said:

Hi,

Does this mod currently work in 1.2.2?  Or what version of KSP does it work with?  Thanks!!

The version is stated in the title: 1.05 and 1.1.  I haven't updated these IVAs in a very long time, and I don't plan on updating them for RasterPropMonitor, since I am working on a different mod.  If anyone else is interested in updating and releasing, that's fine with me (the license is open enough to allow it).

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

@debaker02 there's also the unofficial 1.2.2 thing:

On 26.11.2016 at 0:59 AM, Einarr said:

Alright, I've basically just zipped up the whole MOARdV folder (which only contains FlightSystemsRedux). It's essentially the same as what MOARdV released, but includes my updated configs. Use at own risk, obviously, but they seem to work for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fan6qrkl9e2j11f/FlightSystemsRedux_KSP_1.2.x_Unofficial.zip?dl=0

Edit: New Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8k9p88jiliq9n8g/FlightSystemsRedux_KSP_1.2.x_Unofficial.zip?dl=1

Edit 2: Zipped up with 7-Zip. I've had reports that WinRAR doesn't like this file. I don't know why, and suggest using 7-Zip (it's free) for extraction.

• 7 months later...

The FASA Gemini is not in MAS, since I haven't touched that IVA in a couple of years now. :(

There is a newer version of the Yarbrough IVA in MAS, although it's significantly different than the one that I had in this mod.

As for the props themselves ... some of them have equivalents in MAS.  However, since I started with a clean slate in MAS for both the plugin and the IVAs, I didn't specifically import these props.

TL;DR: no, the props haven't necessarily been integrated forward to MAS.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Daintysage said:

I was wondering if this mod is still being updated I just tried the current version of the mod and not everything worked

No, I've stopped updating this mod.  There is an updated version of the Yarbrough IVA in Avionics Systems (see my sig), but the Gemini mod is very badly out of date.  There is newer mod that includes Gemini with RPM props:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.