[1.4] In game scientific calculator. Kalculator v0.2.3 2017/05/26

agises

Hi, here is another plugin I made for learning purposes, its just a scientific calculator clone. Maybe someone will find it useful. Use "ALT + k" to show/hide (configurable) or the toolbar icon if installed.

Missing operators/features suggestions are welcome!

0.2.3 release: Recompiled for ksp 1.3.

Features:

-A working scientific calculator inside the game no more alt+tab to do sums :P

-Optional Toolbar integration.

-Movable window with position save.

-Configurable keybind.

-Unity and ksp skins support.

Screenshot:

qKFdY0g.png

Download:

https://github.com/hashashin/ksp_kalculator/releases

mirror: http://spacedock.info/mod/78

Source/bugs/changelog/code suggestions:

https://github.com/hashashin/ksp_kalculator

License GPLv3

Salud.

Ps: Sorry for my poor english.

Edited by agises

Awesome--I've been so tempted tor request this on your other thread, but you said you weren't going to do it there, so I didn't want to bug you. I'll be using this *so* much!

Thanks for the comments. I come from GNU/Linux, so I prefer applications that only do one thing but do it well. I try to reflect that in my plugins :)

Salud.

I can't get my numpad to work with this calc. I use the toolbar plugin and a bnunch of other mods.

Yup I need to figure out why isn't working.

Cool mod! ^_^ But where is backspace button?

Wops, I definitely forgot that lol

I'll try to look this over the weekend.

Salud.

PD: corrected download link on 1st post as it was pointing to the old version.

Edited by agises

As you are going to implement more buttons, may I suggest to have some to store and retrieve numbers in memory ("MS" and "MR")?

I would rather have those, than buttons for "3√x" or "x^3" (you already gave us "x^y" and that serves most purposes).

As a further step forward (however may require some more effort), may I ask if you are planning to implement some more structured logic than the simple sequential one kalculator now has? Either Reverse Polish Notation (possibly easier to implement, but harder to use) or full algebraic notation with use of parenthesis and operators precedence. I would really love to see "(" and ")" buttons with your plugin.

As you are going to implement more buttons, may I suggest to have some to store and retrieve numbers in memory ("MS" and "MR")?

I would rather have those, than buttons for "3√x" or "x^3" (you already gave us "x^y" and that serves most purposes).

As a further step forward (however may require some more effort), may I ask if you are planning to implement some more structured logic than the simple sequential one kalculator now has? Either Reverse Polish Notation (possibly easier to implement, but harder to use) or full algebraic notation with use of parenthesis and operators precedence. I would really love to see "(" and ")" buttons with your plugin.

MS and MR it's something I want to implement shortly (as workaround you can copy paste the screen numbers to the notes plugin :confused:), about the algebraic notation I need to figure how to do that first. I'm a beginner in c#/unity3d world and programming in general(but I find it's pretty fun), so no ETA but I'll try.

Salud.

• 2 months later...
Is this .23.5 compatible?

Should work fine, I'm slowly rewriting the mod, which is why I have not released a specific version for 0.23.5. Let me know if there is any problem.

Salud.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I'm not really sure if there are many others out there who would want this, but I would love it if this thing also had the option to use RPN, or postfix notation.

Perhaps you should look at kerbulator. I want to keep this simple as possible.

1st post updated with version 0.2, with the long awaited backspace and MR,MS buttons! :sticktongue:

Salud.

• 2 months later...
Any plans to recompile this useful little mod? :)

(note: OP says .25, but it's really .24. Also it does actually work, I'm just getting a version warning.)

Yup, expect new version in a few days. You can safely ignore the warning in the meanwhile :)

Salud.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.