[1.0.5] [RELEASE 0.8] Sido's Urania System : 7 new planets and 8 moons !

Sido

These look quite interesting. Too bad no one has that config file... but comparing the original cloud config file to the ones now, it looks like just a structure change and changing the radius parameter to altitude? Anyone know offhand? Otherwise I'll try and give it a shot and see how it goes.

• 1 month later...
Are there any plans to port this mod over to Kopernicus? I'd love to be able to add it as an option in my Ultimate Grand Tour Challenge.

Some of these planets look like they use the offset and oblate pqs mods, which can't currently be done in Kopernicus.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
psssssssssst I've already converted it to kopernicus :wink: (well as much as it can be, there are some complications that prevent it from being 100%)

WOW!! I hope you are planning a release sometime soon... I would think you would get permission no problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Sorry for intrusion, but is anybody working on updating for using Kopernicus (It'd be a shame to see this one go :( )?

Hello, after almost a year... i'll try to put my pack on kopernikus.

But i got a lot of problems, specially with the "moon of the moon" shape that i can't really redo as their primitive shape :huh:

For the moment, i try to redo all the body of the system working weel, before working on the clouds and shape.

Wait and see...

Hello, after almost a year... i'll try to put my pack on kopernikus.

But i got a lot of problems, specially with the "moon of the moon" shape that i can't really redo as their primitive shape :huh:

For the moment, i try to redo all the body of the system working weel, before working on the clouds and shape.

Wait and see...

The almighty Sido doth return!

Sweet, always enjoyed Urania and wanted a Kopernicus version.

A thought though: Many of your planets (including Urania itself) use the names of real-world asteroids, planets, and moons. Could you possibly change the names to avoid confusion (and also allow me to port everything properly into SpaceEngine)? :P

Welcome back Sido! I've always enjoyed using this planet pack!

A thought though: Many of your planets (including Urania itself) use the names of real-world asteroids, planets, and moons. Could you possibly change the names to avoid confusion (and also allow me to port everything properly into SpaceEngine)? :P

I don't see why since it doesn't affect anything. I kind of like the current names TBH.

Thank you. :D

Sorry but i like the planet's name as they are and i have no plans to change them.

- - - Updated - - -

Woa, cool! :D

I always enjoyed your planets using PlanetFactory, and a Kopernicus version would be absolutely awesome. :)

If you need help with Kopernicus, I'd be happy to help. :)

Cheers!

Hello. To be honnest i was really sad to see that my pack doesn't work with the final version of ksp. And then Kopernicus come, so to begin, thank you a lot for this, it's really awesome :cool:

For the moment, i'm really at the begining so i have only one question : hwo do you launch KittopiaTech ingame ?

i put the "KittopiaTech.dll" in the gamedata\KittopiaTech\Plugins, i push "CTRL+P" ingame but... notthing happen :huh:

i will ask the question on the KittopiaTech board.

Hello. To be honnest i was really sad to see that my pack doesn't work with the final version of ksp. And then Kopernicus come, so to begin, thank you a lot for this, it's really awesome :cool:

For the moment, i'm really at the begining so i have only one question : hwo do you launch KittopiaTech ingame ?

i put the "KittopiaTech.dll" in the gamedata\KittopiaTech\Plugins, i push "CTRL+P" ingame but... notthing happen :huh:

Make sure you install the Kopernicus dll from the references or something from the zip. :)

Thank you. :D

Sorry but i like the planet's name as they are and i have no plans to change them.

- - - Updated - - -

Well will you perhaps remove the moons sharing each others' orbits? The whole Urania system is at least as stable as the Jool system without that.

Another thing, Vulcania would be good to have as its own planet orbiting Kerbol, perhaps closer than Moho. Same with Hyperion.

Finally, do you plan to use scatterer and EVE Overhaul for your planets? They would look so beautiful. Also remember to convert textures on everything to DDS to save memory! There's a nifty tool in the addon development thread for doing that.

Make sure you install the Kopernicus dll from the references or something from the zip. :)
Yeah, you need Kopernicus to use it.

Also for reference you should look at the example Kopernicus planets' configs, using Kittopia to do everything isn't always the best idea (I tried).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.