[1.0.5] [RELEASE 0.8] Sido's Urania System : 7 new planets and 8 moons !

Sido

Ok,

1. Is there a big frame rate drop/performance drop/reduction in part count I can use before my computer begins to die?

2. I see that you get Sentar too. Does it also come with the extra suns? I dislike them and their nonsensical orbiting :D no offence Krag!

3. Is the blue bit on Ares water or blue rock?

4. Does science work? Will science ever work?

Also, you should call the gas giant Urectum instead :)

1. Is there a big frame rate drop/performance drop/reduction in part count I can use before my computer begins to die?

Not on mine and i've got an four years old computer

2. I see that you get Sentar too. Does it also come with the extra suns? I dislike them and their nonsensical orbiting :D no offence Krag!

The sentar system come with the Core planetfactory's mod. So yes, but you're not forced to go to the sentar system :P

And you must remove the exemple system t orun this pack, so the second sun will be remove.

3. Is the blue bit on Ares water or blue rock?

Water of course. :huh:

Of course, it's à plugin pack, not a part pack ! :confused:

Also, you should call the gas giant Urectum instead :)

:sealed:

Edited by Sido

Of course, it's à plugin pack, not a part pack ! :confused:

So this means these new planets does not break Science Archives, and all that needs to be done is some custom biomes?

Edited by biohazard15
typo

Dude, that looks awesome! But I ain't much skilled with space travel and rocketry, so I might have a hard time around it. But oh well, I went to Jool before, so a planet near Dres won't be much of a hassle. :)

A few things are hindering me, though. It apparently needs to have the Sentar expansion loaded, and it seems to require much RAM. And the planets seem very High-Res as well. I only have 4GBs of RAM to spare, so it isn't much compared to your 8GBs. :(

ksp is coded in 32 bits, so he use 4 Gb of ram.

Even if you got 64 Gb of ram it doesn't change nothing.

And all the texture of my pack are strongely optimised one by one, no texture exceded the 2024 résolution.

I use 2024 texture mapping for planet and 1024 for the moon.

Science Archives still broken :(

Makes me wonder: is there a way to make PF and PF-derived mods to work with Archives at all?

I don't create the mod, i only create this planet pack.

you can maybe ask for your modifications request at Krag's the mod's creator.

:)

Tried visiting this system today,, eventually got myself captured. The SOI's are HUGE on all of the planets and moons, and they are all so close together you cant predict whos path you are going to cross, even if you are in a low or high orbit around a different moon or planet! Besides that, its a nice change :)

Yeah I've had no issues with the science (though it's just the generic messages until someone from crowd sourced science gets on it). Seconded on the SOI problem, it is not possible to PLAN a mission to a specific place in this system as it stands. Hyperion's SOI is by far the most excessive, you can jump through that whole system without ever actually being in Urania's SOI thanks to Hyperion.

would love to use this but since have to load up all the planets along with the sentar expansion takes to much ram. would be good if way to not have to load up everything just select which planets to load

The sentar system come with the Core planetfactory's mod. So yes, but you're not forced to go to the sentar system :P

And you must remove the exemple system t orun this pack, so the second sun will be remove.

:sealed:

I like Sentar, just not the extra suns.

Yeah I've had no issues with the science (though it's just the generic messages until someone from crowd sourced science gets on it). Seconded on the SOI problem, it is not possible to PLAN a mission to a specific place in this system as it stands. Hyperion's SOI is by far the most excessive, you can jump through that whole system without ever actually being in Urania's SOI thanks to Hyperion.

I've planned a V 0.3 this night with some change to try to correct the SOI.

After playing for it for some time, I realised 2 things

1. The SOIs are far too big, and overlap is annoying. You get scooped up from your seemingly safe orbit and catapulted around the system before being shot out.

2. The planets are just beautiful. It's pretty stunning how well done they are. Well done man!

I do think the system should be Expanded. IE: Increasing the main gas giants SOI so that its more comparable to Jool's SOI (I didnt compare mass, but its still much too small)

All of the planets(moons?) should be moved out to higher orbits (with some exceptions of course to remain at least a little unique) this would let you keep larger SOI's on some of the moons without having them fling you all over the system.

I know this isnt your Mod's fault, but FAR doesnt read the atmospheric density correctly on some (or all) of your planets with atmosphere.

a system like this would literally tear itself to pieces in No time, with all the overlapping SOI's, I know you said you're planning on changing it, but I do think the simplest fix would be to just make the system Bigger, thus less crowded!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.