[1.0.5] [RELEASE 0.8] Sido's Urania System : 7 new planets and 8 moons !

Sido

The CloudLayers.cfg and userCloudLayers.cfg files, provided with the mod, seem to stop the clouds from displaying on any planet. Is there any solution to that?

EDIT: It seems that the included files provide the cloud layer radius in times of the planet's radius, while the newest version of Visual Enhancements file provides them in kilometres.

EDIT2: The config files provided by this mod seem to use the structure of version 6.7 of Visual Enhancements. The new version 6.8 has a different config structure.

Edited by Korn Sarum

Sido, I am sorry if you posted saying no more planet suggestions, But I love astronomy, So If you are making a new Gas Giant, I would be happy to suggest some ideas!

Gas planet named: Lavendarous

Picture: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/262/e/b/_psd_planet_stock_gas_giant_by_a_j_s-d5f86gt.png

Information: It is actually not stormy at all! And it's polls are on its side along with rings going from equator to equator! This fun purple planet loves to get its hands dirty!

Spec.: Sideways rings, Sideways polls, Sideways Equator!

Orbits: Sun or Kerbol

Moon named: Carter

Picture: http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/163/6/9/planet_cite_by_samio85-d5jrhp3.png

+Map: http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/163/3/2/cite_surface_by_samio85-d68trr4.png

Information: This planet is a cratered planet with oceans in the craters and this planet also is call "dead" Because of it's low gravity (Duna gravity) And lack of water...

Specs.: Dead, Duna Grav, Cratered water, Lack of water, Mountain-y

Orbits: Lavendarous

Moon named: Desta

Picture: http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/172/4/2/crato_by_samio85-d5jgrvq.png

+Map: http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/172/c/4/crato_surface_by_samio85-d6a3pg7.png

Information: This little planet is made of rocks, more rocks, And rocks! Isn't that just exciting?!

Specs.: Giant crater

Orbits: Carter

Moon named: Multo

Picture: http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5435/8pt0.png

Information: This planet is purple. Maybe it is a sister to Eve in a way! Who knows, Maybe this should be my new baby crib! Not saying I'm a baby!

Specs.: Icy, Purple, little craters, Thick atmosphere

Orbits: Lavendarous

I love these ideas and hope you make a new gas giant, With some of these moons orbiting it! Plus, Please add more moons, I didn't wan't to make this message too long, I love your work, Sido, Hope life is good! :sticktongue:

How can it be that Carter and Desta are also featured, along with that exact same map, by Samio85 (who states to have created them) under the names of

Cite and Crato? And how can it be that Multo is a copy of NovaSilisko's Fonso (A modder brought NovaSilisko's planets to life. Your(?) "Multo" is an exact copy of the mod's Fonso.

Can you explain this? :huh:

How can it be that Carter and Desta are also featured, along with that exact same map, by Samio85 (who states to have created them) under the names of

Cite and Crato? And how can it be that Multo is a copy of NovaSilisko's Fonso (A modder brought NovaSilisko's planets to life. Your(?) "Multo" is an exact copy of the mod's Fonso.

Can you explain this? :huh:

He probably can't :P

I have installed this Mod now and have begun a new game. But now the Science Archiv do not show the results of my completed experiments. I have installed the following Mods too:

• Chatterer
  • Kethane
  • KSPInterstellar
  • Scansat
  • TextureCompressor (as required for Urania)
  • blizzy87' Toolbar
  • Docking Port Alignment
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock
  • Visual Enhancements (as required for Urania)
  • Kerbal Enginiering System
  • Planet Factory (as required for Urania)

Perhaps one of this Mods is not compatible with Urania?

I have installed this Mod now and have begun a new game. But now the Science Archiv do not show the results of my completed experiments. I have installed the following Mods too:

• Chatterer
  • Kethane
  • KSPInterstellar
  • Scansat
  • TextureCompressor (as required for Urania)
  • blizzy87' Toolbar
  • Docking Port Alignment
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock
  • Visual Enhancements (as required for Urania)
  • Kerbal Enginiering System
  • Planet Factory (as required for Urania)

Perhaps one of this Mods is not compatible with Urania?

I don't know if this is your issue, but SV-ESK just found out for me in the Interstellar thread that you need to set the flightGlobalsIndex for Urania to 17 (Stock Planets are 1-16) to get some Interstellar functions like Antimatter to work with this mod.

Edit: There is a ScienceDefs.cfg included in the download for this mod that you need to put into gamedata/Sqaud/Resources folder. Did you do this? I am playing a sandbox game atm so I can't check if that works for me.

Edited by Rabada

Taurec, may be Planet Factory is not compatible with stock Science Archiv?

-----------------

It seems resources incompability with Interstellar caused by flightGlobalsIndex parameter. It Must be consecutive. Stock planets are 0-16.

So Urania and its moons must be 17,18,19.....33

If you want Interstellar resources and antimatter collectors work, change it manually or download Urania interstellar fix and unpack to GameData\PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory\Urania\

(Overwrite). Backup savefile.

So lets make resource configs.

Urania - atmosphere copied from Neptune 79%H2 19%He 1.5%CH4

Ares atmosphere and ocean copied from Laythe

Vulcania copied from Venus 96.5% CO2, 3.5% N2

Rhea atmo and ocean copied from Titan 95% N2, 4% CH4 1% H2; ocean is Ethane/Methane. Its extremally cold on Rhea(Titan).

Themis copied from Mars 95% CO2 3%N2 1.6%Ar

Hermes

Hestia ~Laythe. More O2

Erato - less O2, more N2

Hecate ~ icy laythe. Less O2 more salt in oceans

Hyperion not sure. CO2/N2?

And minor gases. He-3 on Urania, Ar on almost all planets, etc

atmo and ocean resources - this is atmo and water cfgs(ORS and Interstellar MM) for Urania. Unpack to GameData\OpenResourceSystem\PlanetResourceData\

Rhea:

9DNVB2z.png

31-03 Edit: fixed planets order

Edited by SV-ESK

I don't know if this is your issue, but SV-ESK just found out for me in the Interstellar thread that you need to set the flightGlobalsIndex for Urania to 17 (Stock Planets are 1-16) to get some Interstellar functions like Antimatter to work with this mod.

Edit: There is a ScienceDefs.cfg included in the download for this mod that you need to put into gamedata/Sqaud/Resources folder. Did you do this? I am playing a sandbox game atm so I can't check if that works for me.

Yes, i have used this ScienceDefs.cfg. In my game before i have used Interstellar, there i had no problem with the Archiv.

@SV-ESK

I will diable Interstellar and try the Archiv. :)

EDIT:

Oh, i have overlook the additional info with the flightGlobalsIndex... In which file is this stored? :)

EDIT2:

I have found and changed the flightGlobalsIndex of the new Planets. Okay... The Archiv do not work. Not even without the Interstellar Mod.

EDIT3:

Okay, its only a problem with Planet Factory. *g*

Edited by Taurec

• 2 weeks later...
Does this work with the new version of EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements?
The CloudLayers.cfg and userCloudLayers.cfg files, provided with the mod, seem to stop the clouds from displaying on any planet. Is there any solution to that?

EDIT: It seems that the included files provide the cloud layer radius in times of the planet's radius, while the newest version of Visual Enhancements file provides them in kilometres.

EDIT2: The config files provided by this mod seem to use the structure of version 6.7 of Visual Enhancements. The new version 6.8 has a different config structure.

Are the clouds going to be updated, or should someone else do it manually and link the file here? :P

Is there going to be an update soon? The usercloudlayers configuration file needs updating because it doesn't work with the newest BoulderCo clouds. I've actually looked through both files and found what's wrong. It shouldn't be too hard to fix.

This is what the newest cloudLayers.cfg looks like: OhVg2PT.png

And this is what the userCloudLayers.cfg looks like: WFiHmHU.png

So basically the userCloudLayers.cfg is missing the DEFAULTS, altitude and volume lines. Now I don't know much about coding, but I think if these things would be added to every planet in the userCloudLayers.cfg, it would work.

Don't waste your time on this. It doesn't work. It just makes KSP crash and glitches up your entire computer. Save your time and find something else.

Obviously You have Incompatible mods. Works for me.

Also Take Respect.

Edited by Dooz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.