[1.0.5] [RELEASE 0.8] Sido's Urania System : 7 new planets and 8 moons !

Sido

• 2 weeks later...

Can you bring back hecate and hyperion? I really liked those, Also, Could you update it to kopernicus 0.5.2? If not (it works with that, but other mods are incompatible), could you at least edit it to be compatible with the outer planets mod?

Also, Maby readd Hermes? I know it was replaced, but please? Maby make it a moon of erato?

Edited by Flybuild

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, @Sido, I wanted to ask if you would be willing to make configs  for a tad tamer edition of the Urania pack. I sincerely want it, but the moons are just taking my suspension of disbelief into an alley behond a Mcdonalds and shooting it in the head...

16 minutes ago, Andem said:

Hey, @Sido, I wanted to ask if you would be willing to make configs  for a tad tamer edition of the Urania pack. I sincerely want it, but the moons are just taking my suspension of disbelief into an alley behond a Mcdonalds and shooting it in the head...

??

1 minute ago, Andem said:

All right, point taken. I just can't get around how absurd the sub-moons are. It's a real shame because the bodies are so beautiful.

If you wish you could modify it to give all the sub-moons independent orbits around urania, Or just delete them.

Just now, daniel l. said:

If you wish you could modify it to give all the sub-moons independent orbits around urania, Or just delete them.

All right. I suppose I could do it myself and not be lazy... :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I just tried this in 1.05 using Kopernicus 0.6.3 and Urania or the other bodies weren't in my solar system even though they appeared to be loaded during the KSP startup sequence. The log shows this spammed a few times:

[EXC 17:21:06.161] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
	System.Linq.Enumerable.First[StarComponent] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
	System.Linq.Enumerable.First[StarComponent] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
	Kopernicus.StarLightSwitcher.Update ()

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

12 hours ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

I just tried this in 1.05 using Kopernicus 0.6.3 and Urania or the other bodies weren't in my solar system even though they appeared to be loaded during the KSP startup sequence. The log shows this spammed a few times:

[EXC 17:21:06.161] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
	System.Linq.Enumerable.First[StarComponent] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
	System.Linq.Enumerable.First[StarComponent] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
	Kopernicus.StarLightSwitcher.Update ()

That's the same exact issue that I am having - Attempting to install the Urania mod for me causes everything that depends on Kopernicus to suddenly stop working. This is on a completely fresh test install with only Kopernicus and Urania installed.

I play on Linux Ubuntu 14.04, if that helps anyone.

16 hours ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

what OS are you on? If, as @Madman_Andre said, you are on unbuntu aswell, it could be a kopernicus error. Having just tested, i can confirm that SUS works just fine with kopernicus 0.6.3 on windows.

5 hours ago, KillAshley said:

what OS are you on? If, as @Madman_Andre said, you are on unbuntu aswell, it could be a kopernicus error. Having just tested, i can confirm that SUS works just fine with kopernicus 0.6.3 on windows.

I am on Ubuntu 14.04 as well. This may or may not be relevant, but OPM worked, as far as the planets showing up in the tracking station.

@Madman_Andre @Waxing_Kibbous hahahahaaaa such a simple stupid mistake that i didn't even think to look for it. Such an easy fix too! See, in linux capitalization is paramount. Having a targeted path with the wrong capitalization causes the system to fail. You will have to simply edit 2 file names that @Sido mistakenly labelled wrong and it will work.

Instructions for Linux users:

• install mod as per normal
  • Navigate to GameData/Sido_Urania_System/Fragum/Textures/
  • Change the file name "Fragum_Height.png" to "Fragum_height.png" (lowercase h)
  • Change the file name "Fragum_Normal.png" to "Fragum_ normal .png" (lowercase n)
  • then navigate to GameData/Sido_Urania_System/Rhea/Textures/
  • Change the file name "Rhea_Height.png" to "Rhea_height.png" (lowercase h)
  • Change the file name "Rhea_Normal.png" to "Rhea_ normal .png" (lowercase n)
  • Load KSP and it should work perfectly

Any other issues please post (and post the Logs/ folder along with it!).

Edited by KillAshley

1 hour ago, KillAshley said:

@Madman_Andre @Waxing_Kibbous hahahahaaaa such a simple stupid mistake that i didn't even think to look for it. Such an easy fix too! See, in linux capitalization is paramount. Having a targeted path with the wrong capitalization causes the system to fail. You will have to simply edit 2 file names that @Sido mistakenly labelled wrong and it will work.

• Change the file name "Fragum_Normal.png" to "Fragum_ normal .png" (lowercase n)

I'm glad it's this simple (OPM had an issue with Linux, and I suggested to check the capitalization but apparently that wasn't the solution). Thanks, will try now! Edit: @KillAshley  Yep that did it, you are a hero :P

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

11 hours ago, KillAshley said:

Well damn, that fixed it, thank you.

You sir are a God.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Sido I think you're going to like this...

For the past 8 months, I have given proper names to over 200 exoplanets. One of the systems I've recently named is Kepler-11. I named the star after the Greek name for Mnemosyne and the 6 planets after 6 of the Nine Muses. One of those Muses is Urania. I wanted to name Kepler-11g Urania, but there's already an asteroid named that, so I gave the final planet of the Kepler-11 system the name Ourania. Same deity, slightly different name. I'm also planning to search for some moons around Ourania, so some more of the bodies in your planet pack could have a real object named after them! The names that probably will work are Vulcania, Hephaistios, Erato, and Themis.

Also, 500 POSTS!

EDIT: I just found out that there are no asteroids named Ares. What the Flux, NASA?! Anyways, it turns out that the name Ares can also work for a moon of Ourania!

Edited by ProtoJeb21

• 1 year later...

The mod is quite old but still working and it had some beautiful clouds but they are written in the old EVE format and somebody uploaded working ones(Like 2 years ago). The link is still there but it's giving me a 404 error. Does anyone here may have the Files still downloaded and would mind sending me them ? Or atleast somebody who might now someone who knows how to make the old clouds work because I couldn't

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.