[1.0.x; Part, Plugin] parameciumkid's Jump Drive 0.6 (compatibility update)

problemecium

is there any plan or any guessable release dates on future updates, i think the most needed one would be modelling and then continues energy consumption, also this mod is OP, please get over it, if you dont want OP, dont install, if you want th s and dont want it to be OP, adding bugs and instabilty or just oh dang it! effects like random malfunctions is not the way to do it, i would reccomend a lot more energy consumption, ongoing energy consumption as the beacon kept active. instead of risks or consuquences after doing it, why not make it harder to do it in the first place. i also think both beacons and drives charge VERY VERY FAST, it would be nice if it get slower, i havent made any tests with surface jump cyno, it also looks very aweful just a shape with bright white paint :)

You cna make the Mod yourselfe harder.

Do nut plug the Jumpdrive onto your ship.

I did place it into a orbitting Shipattachment.

Waht means before jumping you must first rendevous it and dock your ship.

Makes it a bit more hard to use.

Can't wait to test it out in my new 0.24 game :) Would it be possible to integrate kspi-ressources into your mod with a seperate config? Or make it possible to define custom res (or maybe more than one?) to generate Charge?

I also would like that there are .. hmm ... sometimes random things happen when activating. Maybe vanished kerbals (changed kerbals? color?) loss of fuel.. random fluctuations of speed, wrong destinations (face of duna instead of your target) and so on. There were similar (?) trinkets in games like wow with malfunctions like these that were very funny :)

Or ... suppose you have a spacefaring vessel (no landing legs, no way to lift horizontally) or a station that rematerializes on the surface of eve. Lots of problems :)

Kerbals are totally Goblin engineers!

no matter what i do i cant seem to get rid of that short pause after a jump completes, it would be really nice if we jump, hear the voice and see the effects right at the end, but it apepars its not the mods fault but ksp s itself, game physics tries to figure out where you are, what kind of an orbit you are going to be, and physics aplying the vessel with the beacon on.

Can please make a download that does not have .zip files within the main .zip file? Windows has issues copying files out of a zip file that is within another zip file.

you dwag! i heared you like zips. so i put a zip in your zip so you can zip it out of a zip out of an another zip

i hope new updates come soon as we are on .24 now and wont be expecting anything new for months to come, so anything released now will have a pretty long aplification time, that is even not taking the possibility plugins sometimes work as intended in next versions

How the heck did I miss this mod?

The need to deploy beacons, aka eve style, makes it a great RP spect as you will have to send something ahead first.

Doing it with abit more imagination, you could make it a requirement to send a small space station ahead with kerbals onboard to dopy and maintain each beacon befor it could estblish a jump point for resupplies :)

Working with RT2 this is kind of a requirement early in the tech tree :P

Looking forward to play with this as my career is still at mission 2 :blush:

Very quick, dirty and simple Tweakscale MM cfg:

@PART[JumpDrive]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 2.5
}
}

Only covers the jumpdrive part, the beacon isn't touched as I think it should be kept at the stock size. And because this is a quick and dirty cfg, the mass, electrical and jump charge amounts are automatically handled by Tweakscale, which, does some odd math for those. (Stock Jumpdrive at 2.5m = 6t, 62.5cm = 0.102t) Might update this cfg once I've done more testing and see if I can get it so it changes those amounts a bit better, but it should be "good enough" for most purposes right now.

Epic Mod.

used it to build a dockable stage to take any docked craft to Jool & when ready return :)

Called it Projekt Portal:

screenshot30_zpsc2467040.png

Already sent Node by old skool rocket (return node in kerbal orbit)

Launching Jump Drive & docking to lander

screenshot24_zps4a6de1c2.png

screenshot25_zps3983cfc8.png

screenshot34_zps0be07855.png

Leaving the Jump stage to go do science and then redock for return jump

screenshot53_zps7607743b.png

leave jump stage in orbit for next job :)

Edited by aramil

Very quick, dirty and simple Tweakscale MM cfg:

@PART[JumpDrive]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 2.5
}
}

Only covers the jumpdrive part, the beacon isn't touched as I think it should be kept at the stock size. And because this is a quick and dirty cfg, the mass, electrical and jump charge amounts are automatically handled by Tweakscale, which, does some odd math for those. (Stock Jumpdrive at 2.5m = 6t, 62.5cm = 0.102t) Might update this cfg once I've done more testing and see if I can get it so it changes those amounts a bit better, but it should be "good enough" for most purposes right now.

Thats pretty cool of you, but I dont use tweakscale, so its not a big help.

EDIT: I just tried to test one of the jump beacons while sitting at the launch pad... and KSP just completely exited, not even a crash log or anything. From what I could see... when I activated the beacon all the structural links on the probe just failed... should I not test this thing while sitting on the ground? Also this was KSPx64.

EDIT2: Got a beacon into orbit and tested it there, everything seemed ok.

So just a question then... do both the beacon and the drive have to be charged up in order to perform a (slipspace) jump?

Edited by Avalon304

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.