[1.0.x; Part, Plugin] parameciumkid's Jump Drive 0.6 (compatibility update)

problemecium

I tried the beacon and jump drive in a .25 install and they both seem to work without much issue, though the drive did suck up 10000 EC, then it seemed like it made all the rest of my energy disappear when i arrived, also the ship wiggled slightly after the ship loaded.

In 0.25 when docking with a disabled jump drive and then undocking, the mass remains huge. I have to activate and quickly deactivate the drive for the mass to reset itself. Same for the beacons.

Also when jumping to sun orbit targets they seems to drift away immediately, very quickly. This does not happen in orbit of other bodies.

Great work on the plugin.

I tried the beacon and jump drive in a .25 install and they both seem to work without much issue, though the drive did suck up 10000 EC, then it seemed like it made all the rest of my energy disappear when i arrived, also the ship wiggled slightly after the ship loaded.

The Electric charge is intended. You should have a deployed power generator as part of your craft to offset this. Unless you're jumping a lot though it's a moot point. The wiggle is a loading issue and the mod author can't really fix it. A few struts will fix that though.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if I can add the jump ability to a different part? I tried to add it to the folding Alacumbre drive rings found in interstellar, but so far, I can get it to charge and select a target but not actually make the jump itself. what is wrong?

I was wondering if I can add the jump ability to a different part? I tried to add it to the folding Alacumbre drive rings found in interstellar, but so far, I can get it to charge and select a target but not actually make the jump itself. what is wrong?

I think there's a Unity object actually within the model file that the plugin is referencing. If I had to guess, an origin point for the effects/animation. Parameciumkid would probably have to confirm this, but the Interstellar part would probably have to be modified in order for this plugin to work with it.

I think there's a Unity object actually within the model file that the plugin is referencing. If I had to guess, an origin point for the effects/animation. Parameciumkid would probably have to confirm this, but the Interstellar part would probably have to be modified in order for this plugin to work with it.

thanks. I figured as much when I tried it on other parts as well. Oh well, I just have to get creative to make the large ball look good on my designs. Would definitely like to see other models at some point, just for some variety. Still, this is my prefered method of FTL as the warp drive kept haivng weird bugs when flying between planets.

A solution to this might be to make the animation orb a separate model, so that it can be added to this mod's warp drive using MODEL{}, but also other warpesque mods. It would look great with the IXS Interstellar for example.

I use this mod in junction with KSP Interstellar. I use one of Interstellar's warp drives to drop a beacon off in two locations and then use those beacons to build a station around to help manage the IMMENSE task of keeping a space carrier and her support craft up to spec.

• 3 weeks later...

Must say, absolutely beautiful mod. Works quite well too.

Although that sudden extra mass sure is friggin annoying! Offsets crafts, falls through the ground, overpowers attachment nodes+struts, tips gigantic things...

But once you do get it to work like it should it's so awesome. Also, I'm using it where it shouldn't I guess, on the ground XD

But yeah, awesome for setting up a forward operating base for an invasion, and then sending in the fleet :D

Now, could anyone tell me how the ground untunneler thing works? Like a guide or something? I can't for the life of me figure it out, but I wanna try an MCV/Construction Yard thing for ground invasion :P

In conjunction with RoverDude's brand new alcubierre drive, we could make surprise attacks by sending a smaller warpship to the frontline, and using it as a beacon for a massive fleet jump. This would fit in a marvelous writing.

I am trying to do this exact same thing. I was able to apply KSP interstellar's warp drive code and another part. I tried to apply the Jump drive code to the same part and was able to get the charge and target selection but it won't jump. I was considering poking around the DLL file for clues. But this is a little beyond my skill. I really want to make this work and I'll probably waste a ton of time trying. Would be great to get the creators imput on this one.

Could you make a 2.5 meter jump drive? (or at least give me a config to do it with rescale thing :P)

This is far easier then what I've been trying to do. Just open the .cfg and change.

rescaleFactor = 1

to say rescaleFactor = 0.5 for a 1.25 part

or rescaleFactor = 0.25 for a 0.62 part

You also might want to change.

mass = 6.5

to something smaller for smaller craft.

I am trying to do this exact same thing. I was able to apply KSP interstellar's warp drive code and another part. I tried to apply the Jump drive code to the same part and was able to get the charge and target selection but it won't jump. I was considering poking around the DLL file for clues. But this is a little beyond my skill. I really want to make this work and I'll probably waste a ton of time trying. Would be great to get the creators imput on this one.

Another thing to try is to shrink the actual drive down, and then weld another part over it. Can't promise anything, but that might actually be a good work around.

Another thing to try is to shrink the actual drive down, and then weld another part over it. Can't promise anything, but that might actually be a good work around.

Yeah, I have settled for shrinking the part down and incorporating it into my designs. It's easy enough to hide it in a cargo bay and set an action group.

In conjunction with RoverDude's brand new alcubierre drive, we could make surprise attacks by sending a smaller warpship to the frontline, and using it as a beacon for a massive fleet jump. This would fit in a marvelous writing.

You should play Eve, if you don't already :D LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Soo, hope the creaor of this is still there.

Because seems this is now the only cool looking Jumpgate Mod fpr KSP.

The MassRelais Mod seems to be dead and never come to a release.

And aditional I like this one here mutch more too.

Deserves further Developement, and go finaly to releasestate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.