Politics and War

nettcod

• 2 weeks later...

It's fine. Also Nettcod is seemingly failing after a major war that reduced the city to ruins. I'll see if I could do anything... I can't even send money...

You should demolish the oil power plants, so you don't go into deep debt. Then wait until you have enough money to build up 10 infrastructures again.

EDIT: Sent Veridis a trade offer for 2 bauxite for $700. It's not much, but this is the only way I can think of to give you money... :)

Edited by Designer225

Well, with Nettcod absent in the game, I'm right now admitting new members into the alliance. It will take a while.

Also MGUARN, sell all but 10 of your infrastructures and invest them onto land. Buy a lot of them to keep disease rate low. You should stop at 100 mi2, and then, if you have any left over, invest them in infrastructures and improvements. Also 50 infrastructures = 1 improvement slot. Make sure that the disease rate is <1% at all time.

EDIT: Apparently I got a warning point for gravedigging. I should be careful next time.

EDIT 2: OH, I should stop posting on old threads in PoW forum.

Edited by Designer225

OK, the disease rate is low enough. Now you can build a coal power plant, a coal mine, 2 farms (unless you want to buy it, but I recommend you to build farms first), and a commercial building. When you reach 300 go for a barrack and recruit soldiers. Also expand your city as disease rate is still somewhat high.

So I've check the wiki, and it seemed like Europe is the good place for lead (Pb). and North America is a good place for uranium (U), what we should do support each other is to create uranium and lead mines (when we have enough money), build up uranium power plants (I know it's expensive and may cause nuclear meltdown, but it can power up to 2000 infrastructures (2 uranium, 1000 infra/uranium) and is somewhat clean (note the nuclear waste). So we can produce our own We currently don't need oil, but it would be great if a country would eventually be founded in Australia or South America.

So yeah:

• Lead can only be produced in Europe, Australia, or South America. A country located in either of these continents should produce lead for munitions and start refining it into munitions for the alliance.
  • We already have two nations in North America. Those of us located there will produce uranium to power nuclear power plants.
  • Each nations should be using either coal (coal) or oil (oil) or nothing (wind), if not uranium (nuclear).
  • Steel can only be produced without buying offers in North America and Europe (as both continents have both coal and iron). Steel will have to be produced in these continents for the alliance.
  • Bauxites are only producible in Africa, Australia, and South America. They should be refined into aluminum before being traded.
  • As for gasoline, only countries in Asia, Africa, and North America can produce it without constantly buying orders. Oil should be produced in bulk before being traded.

So yeah, that's what I thought.

Well I built a market ,and signed up on the forums.Also I think there should be an option after you got two cities that you can build railways that would have some sort of effect on commerce ,disease ,and pollution index.

other than that I like the plan ,and for some reason I want to expand land then rapidly Industrialize.

I've just joined the alliance and the game. Ive built 1 farm, 1 coal mine and 1 iron mine. How do I make steel from iron and coal?

You need a power plant (based on location, coal power plant) and a steel mill. Make sure your budget can match that, though.

BTW, the reason I proposed the idea is because Sheepy (P&W Moderator and developer) is planning to have resource required for building and it seemed like most (me among them) supported the idea (although I somewhat feel a bit weary as the starters may not have enough resources to provide for themselves).

Make sure you build a power plant at 200 infra, 2 farms at 250 infra, and a steel mill (if applicable) at 300 infra.

Well the bloc party attack me ,but I managed to fend them off.There declaration of war was justified as "we don't like you."So I recommend getting prepared for any attacks by them.SO far I managed to rebuild any destroyed infrastructure.

Well the bloc party attack me ,but I managed to fend them off.There declaration of war was justified as "we don't like you."So I recommend getting prepared for any attacks by them.SO far I managed to rebuild any destroyed infrastructure.

Yeah... raise an army to try to fend off an enemy. Lessens the impact.

The good thing, though, is that all but one ended in truce. (I forced the first truce, and the aggressor made the second.) I think he made peace because that war isn't profitable...

Edited by Designer225

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.