Politics and War

nettcod

I'm saving money for a nuclear power plant and uranium mine which costs overall $525,000. I have excess food and munitions if you need some, as I was buying recently. Please start small otherwise I really can't give you much.

If anyone need food, they can order 100 units. For munitions, 10 units.

BTW Mguarn, you need a barrack to train troops.

I'd like to sign up: Democracy of Futuria, located in North America. Currently have 1 farm and 1 wind farm built, with space for a third improvement; I'm considering a barracks for my next improvement, but not sure if it's too soon or not.

A little bit too soon. Make the market your third improvement and then the barrack as raisin an army of 2,000 for 15,000 is slightly overpowered. Besides, in a democracy/republic there will be dissents for raising a standing army too early.

===============

I'll be considering a second city now, then I'll think about to expand by building a nuclear power plant or not.

Ah. A bit late now as I've built the barracks, but enlisted only 200 soldiers. Can't discharge them (yet), so I'll just wait a bit and build up my infrastructure so I can fit in a market.

Also, finally figured out how to apply to an alliance - my request has been sent to United Kerbals.

Got a market built and discharged half my soldiers - the former gave me a nice income boost (now at ~$15,000 per day) but the latter didn't really help me any. Meh.

Since wind farms power only 200 infrastructure units, I've got to wait until I have ~$100,000 before I can expand again. I might try putting some stuff on the market to help with that.

Well the Emprian Republic is having a very bad situation.I can do an effective offensive ,and the three wars are to expensive for me to fight .I'm going to try ,and hold out as long as I can.Good luck on the battlefront.

From my understanding of how war works in the game, it looks like there are only two ways an alliance member can help another member who is under attack:

1. The member may declare war on the attacking nation and launch attacks, or

2. The member may supply resources to the nation under attack.

I gather us to be a rather young alliance with a number of new members of late, so we didn't have time to develop a good military. Right now our saving graces are that some of our members are outside the war range of the nations attacking us (on the flipside, this means said members can't attack said nations), and that wars can "expire", though I am not sure if that involves a set time limit for the war, or just a set time limit for inactivity in war (i.e. if neither side launches an action).

Right now, I've noticed a number of small amounts of munitions going up for sale on the global trade market, usually 5 or 10 munitions per offer; check the trade page. Keep in mind, one needs 1 munition per 2,000 soldiers (per battle), and that they do increase effectiveness. I've picked up some munitions and will be redistributing them as alliance only trade offers for free. It's the only way I can help right now, and it something I can't do for long before I run out of money.

From my understanding of how war works in the game, it looks like there are only two ways an alliance member can help another member who is under attack:

1. The member may declare war on the attacking nation and launch attacks, or

2. The member may supply resources to the nation under attack.

I gather us to be a rather young alliance with a number of new members of late, so we didn't have time to develop a good military. Right now our saving graces are that some of our members are outside the war range of the nations attacking us (on the flipside, this means said members can't attack said nations), and that wars can "expire", though I am not sure if that involves a set time limit for the war, or just a set time limit for inactivity in war (i.e. if neither side launches an action).

Right now, I've noticed a number of small amounts of munitions going up for sale on the global trade market, usually 5 or 10 munitions per offer; check the trade page. Keep in mind, one needs 1 munition per 2,000 soldiers (per battle), and that they do increase effectiveness. I've picked up some munitions and will be redistributing them as alliance only trade offers for free. It's the only way I can help right now, and it something I can't do for long before I run out of money.

Thanks. Also wars take 5 days to expire regardless unless peace is made before the 5-day limit is up.

Also, been talking to the leader of the aggressing alliance lately. For the justification, he said it was "better to say that than 'we don't like you'." Just as I justified my cause on two other nations by saying 'troop training' (because I'm eager to test out the strength of the army after using munitions. Then I wondered if the alliance is trying to attack us to move up ranks; the answer: "attacking is the only way to get money." Apparently the Porcelain Legion is having bad economic times, so I offered peace and money (via trade) in exchange for resources (via trade, again). Later he was trying to find an alliance with no standing army and he said our alliance have none, I then posted that there was and they all but destroyed it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.