The dumbest thing you have ever built?

michaelphoenix22

I once got into solar orbit JUST ON SRBS

Of course, this was in my bottle rocketeer days.

If that was your intention, then it was not useless :P

Me:

The dumbest thing I've ever build is also the biggest thing I've ever built:

AtsvCeT.jpg

3000 tons, 545 parts, falls apart 90% of the time, takes 40-50 seconds to load both in the VAB and into the physics engine and took nearly 3 hours of perfecting to get absolutely nowhere.

Intended for Jool, now it's a giant firework.

Edited by Epthelyn

I would have giggled like a schoolgirl too. That looks like great fun. What mods are needed to do that?

mostly just firespitter.... i have a couple kethane tanks on there too... but they are nothing but decoration.... not ENTIRELY sure why i put them on there. They do look cool.

My girlfriend looks at me funny sometimes, too, when I get all excited playing this game

Like when I start jittering in my seat and sometimes move my chair out of the way entirely to sort of kneel-squat when getting real close on tough rendezvous :sticktongue:

Mine's probably this.

screenshot7_zpsed63bb50.png

It exploded

literally

every

time

Edited by User Unrelated

• 5 years later...

I created a challenge 2-3 years ago called "Space Race" in which the idea was to send some stuff to an offworld location, set it up to look like some kind of race, then grab  screenshots of it.

I posted my own entry, that involved sending this..

egSnZTH.png

to the Mun...

yK2TMtu.png

Then offloading rovers...

HNTYBbF.png

as well as markers for the (very) simple "circuit"...

vyWJBTc.png

before posing the rovers for racing type shots of the "race".

zFUbF1y.png

N1LNVCD.png

Strangely I was the only entrant :)

Edited by purpleivan

17 hours ago, Silkencupid13 said:

I built a rocket almost completely out of launch escape systems.

You also built a time machine and took us back to 2014 :) Nothing wrong with it in this least but I wonder what you were doing so deep in the archives...

Anyway besides the pic in my signature, the dumbest thing I think I ever made was my first Jool 5 ship.

*shudders*

Edited by 5thHorseman
Added links to videos.

WIP, but should get the idea done.

I'm building a mech using BG parts to replicate a (rather) famous TikTok dance to the chorus of ILIR7 - Salah Apa Aku (DJ Slow Remix). (@GRS, @Mukita12, @Lapis & all the Indonesians on this forum knew about the song)

Was quite complicated, got no footages of it yet (but I'll try when it's done). Building it is still easy, but programming the action is the hardest part. So I left it in a hiatus since I got more 'easy' projects to do such as making more planes, making a good rally car for DAKAR 2020, setting up space stations & planetary bases, etc. etc.

But after seeing this thread, guess I'll finish it.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

8 steps-

probe core on top.

clydesdale srb underneath

6 clydes radially around it.

12 clydsdale’s radially around that.

continue until vab is full.

launch

hold down A to bombard nuke disintegrate smash  completely and utterly destroy the ksc.

wait for various krakens to attack.

On 1/10/2020 at 4:36 PM, FahmiRBLXian said:

WIP, but should get the idea done.

I'm building a mech using BG parts to replicate a (rather) famous TikTok dance to the chorus of ILIR7 - Salah Apa Aku (DJ Slow Remix). (@GRS, @Mukita12, @Lapis & all the Indonesians on this forum knew about the song)

Was quite complicated, got no footages of it yet (but I'll try when it's done). Building it is still easy, but programming the action is the hardest part. So I left it in a hiatus since I got more 'easy' projects to do such as making more planes, making a good rally car for DAKAR 2020, setting up space stations & planetary bases, etc. etc.

But after seeing this thread, guess I'll finish it.

No sorry as an Indonesian

I didn't even knew the song or TIKTOK in generel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.