Discountinued (5/6/14) (Requesting Lock)

Poryy

Could you make a binary gas giant one with an atmosphere that contains oxygen so we can Have a giant planet to fly our jets on?It would be Blue. The second gas giant would be normal and purple. They would orbit the parent star as far away that eve orbits kerbol.

Blue gas gianthttp://i.imgur.com/N4PHgTJ.jpg

Purple gas gianthttp://i.imgur.com/Zue7APX.jpg

It would contain 2 or 3 bop sized moons orbiting really low (atleast below 10 million meters.) around the blue gas giant?

Also a mimas analogue but with an even bigger crater that is orbiting the purple gas giant. at about 16 million meters with a diameter of 150 km.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bc/Mimas_Cassini.jpg/600px-Mimas_Cassini.jpg

And an Iaptus analogue that would have canyons as big as the one on Dres all over it. It would be roughly the same size as dres. It would orbit the purple gas giant at 32 million meters

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c9/Iapetus_as_seen_by_the_Cassini_probe_-_20071008.jpg/600px-Iapetus_as_seen_by_the_Cassini_probe_-_20071008.jpg

And the 3rd large moon with a thick atmoshpere at the surface the atmospheric pressure would be 2 atmospheres but have mountains that stick out of the entire atmosphere into the vacuum of space. It would orbit the purple gas giant at 62 milllion meters

look at Fonso one of the planned moons for Gas planet 2. That is what I want the moon to look like. http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Gas_planet_2

If rings get supported I would like the gas giant to include ring and the 3 inner moons to be inside the rings.

The last moon would be completely ocean with an atmosphere a little thicker than kerbins (1.2 atmospheres) with oxygen. It would have a radius of 700km. It would orbit at 18 million meters around the blue gas giant. It would have one moonlet about the size of gilly orbiting it at 200 thousand meters altitude.

http://i.imgur.com/nsaXmPY.jpg

If you need more information just ask because I am not very good at explaining things. :P

Pretty good ideas. The gas giants will be separate though, as binary planets are impossible.

The ocean moon is quite... Boring. There's nowhere to land. I may add it as a standalone planet.

Mimas analogue is going to Antsur. I like the Iapetus analogue as well.

Purple gas giant = (Hot Jupiter) Vollo

Oxygen giant = (further than Ansur) Hapir

Names for the rest of the moons are in progress

Wow! 100th post! I didn't expect to get this far! Thanks for all the support!

You might want to check my suggestions again because I changed them up alot. Sorry if I messed anything that you were working on. :(

I actually haven't started working yet, as it is 9 PM and my computer is locked.

No, there is not a limit.

It might be more plausable to increase the distance from 0.36 LY to 0.5 LY (5,000,000,000,000) or even 1 LY (9,500,000,000,000 Km ), it is might be too much for stock parts to reach any of this objects with anything more than a tiny flyby probe that will take hunderds of years to reach there. But there is a Kerbal interstellar mod and this planet pack far far away is a good goal for many of it's extreme propulsion systems. Too bad that this system is still revolving around Kerbol that makes it even harder to reach.

It might be more plausable to increase the distance from 0.36 LY to 0.5 LY (5,000,000,000,000) or even 1 LY (9,500,000,000,000 Km ), it is might be too much for stock parts to reach any of this objects with anything more than a tiny flyby probe that will take hunderds of years to reach there. But there is a Kerbal interstellar mod and this planet pack far far away is a good goal for many of it's extreme propulsion systems. Too bad that this system is still revolving around Kerbol that makes it even harder to reach.

Anything further than it is will be floating point uncertainty hell. I actually got an Abaddon III pattern probe there by attaching a massive asparagus launcher. The travel is supposed to be VERY hard. It's supposed to simulate humans traveling to Alpha Centauri or Proxima Centauri. Yes, I have full KSPI compatibility.

It is a marked goal to make more stars, some further away than Abaddon. The star which the C.P. (Community Planets) pack revolves around is going to be closer, but when I make more and more stars to fill out the KeebalUniverse they will be far enough away to require either an Extraplanetary Launchpad on Jool or even another star. T

I Aim to produce a mod where Kerbalkind can create an interstellar empire.

I have a bug to report (or i messed something up).When i load the game the only pack that exists is the sentar pack.By what i am able to gather from the info given there must be more options.I am running it on a Mac so that could be it but others have been having similar problems as well.

I have a bug to report (or i messed something up).When i load the game the only pack that exists is the sentar pack.By what i am able to gather from the info given there must be more options.I am running it on a Mac so that could be it but others have been having similar problems as well.

Download planetfactory CE, not planetfactory.

^This

But if you indeed installed the right one, akman. Then you're having the same issue as I have. The difference is I'm running XP

Well, apparently I'm not the only one that can't load systems and it's not just XP's fault, I presume.

Edited by DauntingFlyer

I am also unable to play your pack. To be sure i had the right one, i redownloaded planetfactory CE from here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65401-WIP-PlanetFactory-CE

I placed it in the KSP/gamedata, deleted the three example systems (Barry, Serious, Stella) in KSP/gamedata/planetfactory/plugindata/planetfactory and replaced them with abaddon and verion. Replaced sciencedefs in KSP/gamedata/squad/resources, I tried loading them with and without the sentar expansion but i always get stock kerbol system. Putting the space in between the r and the y (KSP/gamedata/planetfactory/plugindata/planetfactor y) only messes up the textures for the sentar system and no longer gives me the option to load any other system.

Edited by Sol_Rokks_Teddy

I am also unable to play your pack. To be sure i had the right one, i redownloaded planetfactory CE from here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65401-WIP-PlanetFactory-CE

I placed it in the KSP/gamedata, deleted the three example systems (Barry, Serious, Stella) in KSP/gamedata/planetfactory/plugindata/planetfactory and replaced them with abaddon and verion. Replaced sciencedefs in KSP/gamedata/squad/resources, I tried loading them with and without the sentar expansion but i always get stock kerbol system. Putting the space in between the r and the y (KSP/gamedata/planetfactory/plugindata/planetfactory) only messes up the textures for the sentar system and no longer gives me the option to load any other system.

Lol, the space between r and y is actually just an odd bug. I found it weird too but when I copy pasted my same exact folder path I got that same exact rogue y. The space in between wouldn't go away for some reason.

With Planet Factory installed you have, during KSP loading, a checkbox to enable/disable Sentar right? Do you have any additional checkboxes when other Systems are installed? Or just Sentar Expansion checkbox?

Yes there is a checkbox for the sentar expansion, and there are checkboxes for the example systems when i have them installed. When the this pack is installed along side the example systems, even when i uncheck the boxes for them and only check the abaddon and verion, my KSP crashes. I have also tried the kerbin + expansion and it seems to work, the extra moons show up in the tracking station.

windows 8.1 is what i'm using

everyone note this ifi u installing anything as massive as extra planets u will hit the ram limit if u hve mods installed.

@Sol_rokks_teddy check your crash report its gonna say basicaly crash due to max ram useage. remember ksp cant use past 3.7gb ram or it crash 100% the time.

things to do is get the ram reduction mod. also when starting u dont have to have the sentar system checked in the planetfactory ce. yes u dont need to have the planet factory planets loaded.

@Pory can u add to first post that u dont need the sentar system loaded to use. also all the sentar textures and files but for the .dll location could be delted if not planing to use the sentar system.

cant wait for the clouds and more planets instead of rocky/moon planets.

if i rmember right stock planets before would use around 500-600 ram, sentar uses about 600 ram. this one uses less but no way realy to have all planets loaded at one time.

Edited by sidfu

I still can't run any Systems but Sentar. Even if the only activated mod is Planet Factory

Download Sido's Urania system pack. Does that work? If it does than it is a problem with my mod, not the API.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.