Discountinued (5/6/14) (Requesting Lock)

Poryy

You don't need cheats. I actually got to the furthest gas giant of the Abaddon system with a massive aspargus launcher and a tiny probe.

You misunderstood my post I think. I wasn't asking if one had to cheat to get there, I was just saying I wasn't using them. I wanted to make sure your extra solar system is super, duper far away from the current Kerbal solar system so no planets/moons crossed paths or got too close to each other.

You misunderstood my post I think. I wasn't asking if one had to cheat to get there, I was just saying I wasn't using them. I wanted to make sure your extra solar system is super, duper far away from the current Kerbal solar system so no planets/moons crossed paths or got too close to each other.

Look at the picture :)

I don't really think it's unrealistic to have a star orbiting Kerbol at this distance. Since every body attracts every other body, they are all orbiting 'something.' The only restriction to me seems that you can't switch the universal SOI to the other star. But in the grand scheme of things, is that really a big deal?

I don't really think it's unrealistic to have a star orbiting Kerbol at this distance. Since every body attracts every other body, they are all orbiting 'something.' The only restriction to me seems that you can't switch the universal SOI to the other star. But in the grand scheme of things, is that really a big deal?

Nosir! I'm glad you think that. I'm fine with Abaddon orbiting Kerbol, personally.

I'm doing something new. It's called the Kerbal Universe project. Stay tuned for further info.

Basically how it's going to work is that there will be a bunch of modular solar systems made by me and possibly other developers. Each system is self-contained, but multiple systems can be run at the same time. The whole universe will be in one .zip file, but with each installed system being optional to download. For example, the .zip file on the first day could contain the Proxa system, the Abaddon system, and the GP2 expansion pack. The player could download the one .zip and pick and choose which packs he wanted.

Remember to watch this thread for new packs that add to the Kerbal Universe, and make sure to reply if you have questions.

Edited by Poryy

Not only I still cannot load both your planet packs with Sentar system disabled, but also they don't load at all even if it is enabled XD.

If disabled it's like no mod was added. If enabled, Sentar System is displayed and I can zoom out from Kerbol System further than before. But your Systems don't show up.

Not only I still cannot load both your planet packs with Sentar system disabled, but also they don't load at all even if it is enabled XD.

If disabled it's like no mod was added. If enabled, Sentar System is displayed and I can zoom out from Kerbol System further than before. But your Systems don't show up.

Nobody else has this bug. What is your OS? Oh, and Sentar HAS to be disable for this to work. How did you install it?

This is fantastic, but I have one request. You can integrate your science defines into the larger & better community one instead of the old basic one?

Thanks!

Sure, why not.

Nobody else has this bug. What is your OS? Oh, and Sentar HAS to be disable for this to work. How did you install it?

I might be one of the few still using XP

It's installed just like your instructions:

KSP\GameData\PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory\Abaddon

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""\ScienceDefs

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""\Verion

Disabling Sentar will result in having the stock Kerbol System

Would placing a star at realistic interstellar distances be plausible as things stand currently?

My assumption is that going past a few AU (Your Abbadon orbits Kerbol at 4.14 AU, 6.197*10^11 meters) would be floating point uncertainty hell for any craft.

Would placing a star at realistic interstellar distances be plausible as things stand currently?

My assumption is that going past a few AU (Your Abbadon orbits Kerbol at 4.14 AU, 6.197*10^11 meters) would be floating point uncertainty hell for any craft.

It would. I have tested it, and I think I got the first Kraken Attack of .23.

I might be one of the few still using XP

It's installed just like your instructions:

KSP\GameData\PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory\Abaddon

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""\ScienceDefs

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""\Verion

Disabling Sentar will result in having the stock Kerbol System

I have never encountered this problem before, but I run windows 7. I honestly don't think that the specialized file extensions used by PlanetFactory are compatible with XP. Sorry...

Edited by Poryy

I have never encountered this problem before, but I run windows 7. I honestly don't think that the specialized file extensions used by PlanetFactory are compatible with XP. Sorry...

If that's the case shouldn't the Sentar System been able to load at all on my machine?

This GP2 is not stock-alike! Those are NOT what NovaSilisko was suggesting AT ALL.

Some general concepts for changes and addition that are drifting around my head (not to say this is the way they'll be though, we've all gotta generally agree what to implement and this is just my take! Plus discovery mechanics and hence the rest of the system won't happen for many updates)

Jool: Actually the second-smallest gas giant, with unusually large moons. All other gas giants would have objects smaller than or comparable to Moho.

- Laythe: Very volcanic because of its proximity and the tidal forces from the other moons. Still oceans of water, but now with actual active volcanos with lava lakes (that destroy things)

- Vall: Never liked the design of vall too much. I'd like to make it a bit more like eeloo, with large cracks in the ice and a more chaotic surface.

- Tylo: Never liked this either, also needs to be redone. Perhaps turned into a highly-contrasting body like Iapetus.

- More tiny moons: Just a bunch of small moonlets, at least 20. Probably would be nameable by the player or given designations (ex. J-17 for the 17th moon of Jool discovered)

Gas planet 2: ~50% larger than Jool, with rings. Early version shown on a stream a while ago.

- Eeloo: Relocated to orbit GP2, now with large geysers that can knock your ship around (prototyped several weeks ago, they function quite well)

- Daphy: Unusually smooth and round ball of fluff. An asteroid which has accumulated material from the rings, practically no gravity.

- Potatus: Small moon with relatively high inclination relative to GP2's equator. Composed of ices surrounding a highly dense core. Very rapid rotation (21 minutes) causes it to be stretched into an oblate spheroid (prototyped a while ago, the physics actually work and are really cool)

- Fonso: Largest moon, ~300 km radius. Very mountainous, with a thick atmosphere that only extends partway up the mountains (as in, the mountain peaks are in vacuum, while the proper surface is at two atmospheres)

- Tiny moons: Same case as Jool

Gas planet 3: Perhaps not an actual gas planet, could be a 2000km rocky planet with a thick atmosphere (have fun landing under 6g and 30 atmospheres of pressure)

- Moon with rings? Would have to be diffuse rings as well as recent, fully-formed rings wouldn't last long in that position.

Gas planet 4: Who knows.

Beyond: Who knows x2

Don't call it the GP2 pack unless you are really trying to hold NovaSilisko's intent.

This GP2 is not stock-alike! Those are NOT what NovaSilisko was suggesting AT ALL.

Don't call it the GP2 pack unless you are really trying to hold NovaSilisko's intent.

Are you attempting to tell me what a gas giant is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_giant

http://www.universetoday.com/33506/gas-giants/\

Ok. So NovaSilisko has a copyright term on "Gas Planet Two?" I have never read that post, and I am not going to cater to some random person's fanboys to tell me what planets to make!

The pack's objective was simple. Make a SECOND GAS GIANT! I could not care less what your definition of a second gas giant is.

Stock-alike means something that can fit in with the game.

Also,

1. It is impossible to relocate Eeloo to the planet's moon system.

2. Daphy can be made, but I am not interested in making something like it in the conceivable future.

3. Potatus can also be made, but honestly seems rather boring.

4. Fonso=Troon/Blalo.

5. Too much effort making things that nobody would ever want to land on, and it is impossible to make custom-named planets.

6. Rings are not supported by the Planetfactory API.

7. Gas giant size is not supported by the Planetfactory API.

P.S. Sorry for ripping your head off. I read this post again and it seems very harsh. I do apologize.

Edited by Poryy

WOW, you are awesome Poryy! Yea! :)

Pride fills my lungs, esophagus, and intestines and spills sloppily out of my mouth.

All joking aside, I'm setting up a croud-sourced thing of my own. Please post any and all science logs you want to see in the mod. I have crew reports done, but I am running out of ideas. Let's be the first planet pack to include science logs for every experiment!

Here are some issues I've found in the game:

* Phobius & Demius orbits intersect

* Umbrire texture is messed up. Looks like a bunch of steel beams jumbled together.

* You cannot focus-click on Corvus.

* Fonn has the word "DEFAULT" spread across it.

Other than that, this is one of my favorite mods. Maybe you can do clouds for it like were done for the Urania system?

Here are some issues I've found in the game:

* Phobius & Demius orbits intersect

* Umbrire texture is messed up. Looks like a bunch of steel beams jumbled together.

* You cannot focus-click on Corvus.

* Fonn has the word "DEFAULT" spread across it.

Other than that, this is one of my favorite mods. Maybe you can do clouds for it like were done for the Urania system?

Phobius and Diamas actually aren't intended to do that, it is a limitation of the API. Just timewarp a bit to fix it

Fixed in V.09

I don't even know. Possibly an issue with Valdnes' SOI. Yep. Reproduced it.

Fixed in V.09.

Edited by Poryy

Are you attempting to tell me what a gas giant is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_giant

http://www.universetoday.com/33506/gas-giants/\

Ok. So NovaSilisko has a copyright term on "Gas Planet Two?" I have never read that post, and I am not going to cater to some random person's fanboys to tell me what planets to make!

The pack's objective was simple. Make a SECOND GAS GIANT! I could not care less what your definition of a second gas giant is.

Stock-alike means something that can fit in with the game.

Also,

1. It is impossible to relocate Eeloo to the planet's moon system.

2. Daphy can be made, but I am not interested in making something like it in the conceivable future.

3. Potatus can also be made, but honestly seems rather boring.

4. Fonso=Troon/Blalo.

5. Too much effort making things that nobody would ever want to land on, and it is impossible to make custom-named planets.

6. Rings are not supported by the Planetfactory API.

7. Gas giant size is not supported by the Planetfactory API.

P.S. Sorry for ripping your head off. I read this post again and it seems very harsh. I do apologize.

I was mad because I was planning on making a pack of NovaSilisko's (NovaSilisko made the original planets, he's not some random fanboy. If there is any guide to how to build a second planet, it should be from the guy who made the first planets.) GP2 and Moons, but now I can't call it that. I do wonder why you choose to call it GP2, if you've never seen that post and that's the place it came from. Also, if Real Solar System can relocate things I don't see why Eeloo can't be relocated to a modded planet.

I was mad because I was planning on making a pack of NovaSilisko's (NovaSilisko made the original planets, he's not some random fanboy. If there is any guide to how to build a second planet, it should be from the guy who made the first planets.) GP2 and Moons, but now I can't call it that. I do wonder why you choose to call it GP2, if you've never seen that post and that's the place it came from. Also, if Real Solar System can relocate things I don't see why Eeloo can't be relocated to a modded planet.

Very childish of you. I've been around using billions of mods for months and I was unfamiliar with GP2 as well. Next time ask nicely instead of attacking someone.

Edited by jpinard

Phobius and Diamas actually aren't intended to do that, it is a limitation of the API. Just timewarp a bit to fix it

Fixed in V.09

I don't even know. Possibly an issue with Valdnes' SOI. Yep. Reproduced it.

Fixed in V.09.

Fantastic! Is that what you just uploaded like an hour ago? Also, of your moons/planets - which should have clouds?

Edited by jpinard

Fantastic! Is that what you just uploaded like an hour ago? Also, of your moons/planets - which should have clouds?

Yessir it was.

Oh! Yes!

V.09:

Added EVA Reports for the inner planets

Fixed weird Umbrire texture bug.

Fixed Fonn texture bug

Also:

My planets with atmosphere are Verviedi, Bulboa, Fonn, Valdnes, Aramon, and Blalo. Clouds will come in the V.10 release.

I am sorry. I will rename it if I must. I fully support more planet packs. Also, this is called the Kerbal Universe project. You are free to claim the name GP2 Pack as I changed all mentions of "GP2 Pack" to "Verion Gas Giant Pack."

Edited by Poryy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.