Discountinued (5/6/14) (Requesting Lock)

Poryy

Yessir it was.

Oh! Yes!

V.09:

Added EVA Reports for the inner planets

Fixed weird Umbrire texture bug.

Fixed Fonn texture bug

Also:

My planets with atmosphere are Verviedi, Bulboa, Fonn, Valdnes, Aramon, and Blalo. Clouds will come in the V.10 release.

Wow you're fast! Fantastic job!

Can you make pictures of the new planets you have made? They sound cool but I want to see if they look nice too.

They do. I will post images when I get home.

EDIT: Posted.

Edited by Poryy

One day this thread will have a title to call it's own. It gets changed more often than a dirty diaper. Still, pretty badass setup you got here man :) Thanks!

Final title is the Kerbal Universe Project. I don't plan on changing it anytime soon. Thanks!

well hope we get more planets than moons soon. was using sidos planet pack but stoped since he has no science for his planets, but his clouds for his planets are awsome thou

I will say nothing as to the things in development, but you should definately be excited for V.10.

The V.10 update is proceeding swimmingly. Expect another star soon.

NEWS:

I am going to make a community planet pack. Post your suggestions for planets below.

The star's name will be Patorus.

Follow this format when suggesting a planet:

Name:

Features:

Brief Description:

Notes:

The V.10 update is proceeding swimmingly. Expect another star soon.

NEWS:

I am going to make a community planet pack. Post your suggestions for planets below.

The star's name will be Patorus.

Follow this format when suggesting a planet:

Name:

Features:

Brief Description:

Notes:

Yes!

Have a gas giant be based on Saturn: saturn_aurora_hubble_28_jan_2004_med.jpg See if you can do rings around it like Krag did.

----------------------------------

and the moons be:

Name: Enceladus to keep with non-real names call it: (Sudalecne)

Features: A very small moon with 2 biomes. Snow and liquid river channels of water.

Brief Description: Enceladus (Sudalecne) is one of a few moons that may harbor life in the solar system. The tug and pull of the nearby moons causes the interior to flex which results in heating and icy geysers to erupt from the "Tiger Stripes". Sampled mist from the geysers show it contains all the ingredients necessary to harbor basic life.

Enceladusstripes_cassini.jpg

--------------------------------------

Name: Europa to keep with non-real names call it: (Aporue)

Features: A medium sized moon covered in ice.

Brief Description: Europa (Aporue) is one of a few moons that may harbor life in the solar system. The rings of its home planet and the nearby moons causes internal heating causing the ice to mover like Kerbal's Tectonic plates. If one could drill a mile beneath the surface they would find a continuous liquid ocean.

Europa: 485650main_PIA02590-Europa.jpg

------------------------------------

Name: Titan to keep with non-real names call it: (Natit)

Features: A huge moon with 2 biomes. Land made of crusted Kethane and dirt, and liquid seas, lakes, and rivers made of liquid Kethane.

Brief Description: Titan (Natit) is one of a few moons that may harbor alternate forms of life in the solar system. Kethane, along with being a combustible fuel when mixed with Oxygen, is part of the chemical soup needed to make basic amino acids. Titan is one of the largest moons in the solar system and because of its size and density is able to maintain a thick orange atmosphere which is impenetrable to camera's higher than 1,000 meter off the ground. The cloud layer is phenomenally thick and dense rising with 2 different shades. Orange around the base, and a light blue (high Nitrogen content) in it's Stratosphere.

Titan:

Titan_in_natural_color_Cassini.jpg

Atmosphere:

Titan%27s_thick_haze_layer-picture_from_voyager1.jpg

Titan Surface Features:

thumbnail_big.jpg

Edited by jpinard

Yes!

Have a gas giant be based on Saturn: http://www.windows2universe.org/saturn/magnetosphere/saturn_aurora_hubble_28_jan_2004_med.jpg See if you can do rings around it like Krag did.

and the moons be:

Name: Enceladus to keep with non-real names call it: (Sudalecne)

Features: A very small moon with 2 biomes. Snow and liquid river channels of water.

Brief Description: Enceladus (Sudalecne) is one of a few moons that may harbor life in the solar system. The tug and pull of the nearby moons causes the interior to flex which results in heating and icy geysers to erupt from the "Tiger Stripes". Sampled mist from the geysers show it contains all the ingredients necessary to harbor basic life.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Enceladusstripes_cassini.jpg

--------------------------------------

Name: Europa to keep with non-real names call it: (Aporue)

Features: A medium sized moon covered in ice.

Brief Description: Europa (Aporue) is one of a few moons that may harbor life in the solar system. The rings of its home planet and the nearby moons causes internal heating causing the ice to mover like Kerbal's Tectonic plates. If one could drill a mile beneath the surface they would find a continuous liquid ocean.

Europa: http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/485650main_PIA02590-Europa.jpg

------------------------------------

Name: Titan to keep with non-real names call it: (Natit)

Features: A huge moon with 2 biomes. Land made of crusted Kethane and dirt, and liquid seas, lakes, and rivers made of liquid Kethane.

Brief Description: Titan (Natit) is one of a few moons that may harbor alternate forms of life in the solar system. Kethane, along with being a combustible fuel when mixed with Oxygen, is part of the chemical soup needed to make basic amino acids. Titan is one of the largest moons in the solar system and because of its size and density is able to maintain a thick orange atmosphere which is impenetrable to camera's higher than 1,000 meter off the ground. The cloud layer is phenomenally thick and dense rising with 2 different shades. Orange around the base, and a light blue (high Nitrogen content) in it's Stratosphere.

Titan:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Titan_in_natural_color_Cassini.jpg

Atmosphere:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Titan%27s_thick_haze_layer-picture_from_voyager1.jpg

Titan Surface Features:

http://sos.noaa.gov/ftp_mirror/astronomy/titan/color/media/thumbnail_big.jpg

I'm sorry, but rings aren't supported by the API. Good ideas though. A Titan analogue, Europa analogue, and Enceladus Analogue? Good ideas. It will be quite far from Patorua, because of it's ice moons.

This is a perfect example of a suggestion, thank you.

I still cannot get this mod to work. I'm running Win7 Ultimate.

I downloaded Planetfactory and the Sentar Expansion, and it will load just fine (I get a prompt right when KSP starts to load if I'd like to load the xpac)

However, after adding Kerbal Universe's "Abaddon" and "Verion" folders to 'KSP\GameData\PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory' I get absolutely no difference. I'm still prompted on KSP load-up if I'd like to load Sentar Expansion, but loading that only adds the few Kerbol planets and Sentar system, it does not add anything else. If I choose to load up KSP and un-check the Sentar Expansion box, all the planets are stock KSP regulars.

If tried just about every different combination of folder placements: Both folders in your recommended spot; both folder CONTENTS in recommended spot; deleting everything in it and putting just Abaddon folder in there; deleting everything and putting just Abaddon folder's CONTENTS in there; putting both folders one section up next to PlanetFactory; etc. NONE of the combinations change anything at all.

Even with everything deleted in the 'GameData\PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory' I still get prompted if I want to load the Sentar Expansion. Nothing changes, and I can't figure out why. It doesn't even see the Abaddon/Verion folders. It's yes-Sentar or no-Sentar.

Also if I mess with the folder contents too much, then Serious appears on top of Kerbin in the maps.

helppppppppppp

I downloaded Planetfactory and the Sentar Expansion, and it will load just fine (I get a prompt right when KSP starts to load if I'd like to load the xpac)

However, after adding Kerbal Universe's "Abaddon" and "Verion" folders to 'KSP\GameData\PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory' I get absolutely no difference. I'm still prompted on KSP load-up if I'd like to load Sentar Expansion, but loading that only adds the few Kerbol planets and Sentar system, it does not add anything else. If I choose to load up KSP and un-check the Sentar Expansion box, all the planets are stock KSP regulars.

If tried just about every different combination of folder placements: Both folders in your recommended spot; both folder CONTENTS in recommended spot; deleting everything in it and putting just Abaddon folder in there; deleting everything and putting just Abaddon folder's CONTENTS in there; putting both folders one section up next to PlanetFactory; etc. NONE of the combinations change anything at all.

Even with everything deleted in the 'GameData\PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory' I still get prompted if I want to load the Sentar Expansion. Nothing changes, and I can't figure out why. It doesn't even see the Abaddon/Verion folders. It's yes-Sentar or no-Sentar.

Also if I mess with the folder contents too much, then Serious appears on top of Kerbin in the maps.

helppppppppppp

For the love of god delete all of the example systems. Abaddon takes up the same space as Serious, so a massive multiversal cluster**** will ensue if you leave them out. Also, which other mods are you running?

The Sentar system must remain in the folder. Only delete the other stars (Barry,Serious,Stella.) Remember to zoom all the way out in the tracking station, as Abaddon is very far away.

helppppppppppp

and also u dont need the sentar checked for the mod to work. infact u can delte every texture for sentar and it still run

For the love of god delete all of the example systems. Abaddon takes up the same space as Serious, so a massive multiversal screw-up will ensue if you leave them out. Also, which other mods are you running?

The Sentar system must remain in the folder. Only delete the other stars (Barry,Serious,Stella.) Remember to zoom all the way out in the tracking station, as Abaddon is very far away.

Not running any other mods.

I don't see any files relating to Barry or Stella, but I deleted the files relating to Serious and Joker and then put the Abaddon folder in there, then launch KSP and made sure Sentar-xpac was UNchecked. KSP loaded stock with nothing changed.

Just gonna drop in here...

My mod list:

MechJeb

KSPI

Active memory reduction

This mod (All packs)

So all of these are compatible. I will test Kethane and EPL soon.

News time!

I am proud to announce that V.10 is going well.

The planets so far:

Suggested by jpinard!

Antsur: Pale gas giant (Saturn analogue)

Sudalus: Icy moon (Enceladus analogue)

Apora: Icy, cracked moon (Europa analogue)

Nisat: A moon with a thick atmosphere and ground primarily made of frozen kethane (Titan analogue)

Remember, I still need suggestions for the Community Planets pack!

Possible moons:

Myrada: Miranda analogue

Limas: Guess.

Not running any other mods.

I don't see any files relating to Barry or Stella, but I deleted the files relating to Serious and Joker and then put the Abaddon folder in there, then launch KSP and made sure Sentar-xpac was UNchecked. KSP loaded stock with nothing changed.

Are you using KSP_exe or KSP_launcher?

Name: Blool

Atmosphere: Blue and contains oxygen.

Description: Blakes Twin planet. The only big difference is its color.

N4PHgTJ.jpg

It would contain 2 or 3 bop sized moons orbiting really low (atleast below 10 million meters.) around the blue gas giant.

Name: Flop

Orbit: Blool at 6 million meters.

Color/Terrain: Very Mountainous with lots of craters. Gray and white

Diameter: same as Bops.

Description: all we know is its color.

Name: Fracture

Orbit: 8 million meters. Blool.

Color/Terrain: much like gilly with lots of 1 km deep canyons covering the moon. Gray

Diameter: Same as gillys

Description: We believe that it has many cracks over its surface but we are not sure. That is all that is known.

Mimas analouge

---------------

Name: Crato

Orbit: 16 Million meters. Blool

Color/Terrain: much ike Mimas with lots of craters and a very Prominent bigger than the one on mimas. Goldish brown

Diameter: 150 km

Description. All we know about this thing is that it looks like a giant gold nugget floating through space!

600px-Mimas_Cassini.jpg

Iapetus analog

All that I care is that this has giant canyons like dres all over but everything else is up to you.

600px-Iapetus_as_seen_by_the_Cassini_probe_-_20071008.jpg

Will you be able to change the description after you make the planet?

Blool will orbit at roughly duna altitude around its parent star.

is it ok if I think of new planets later? and is there a max amount of planets I can have?

Edited by panfish5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.