[0.23.5] Goodspeed Automatic Fuel Pump v2.14.1

Gaius

Is it ok to post a dropbox link to my recompiled 0.90 version of the mod?

It's licensed under GNU GPL so it should be fine.

(GNU GPL basically means you're free to do whatever you want as long as you don't change the license on the derivative product.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, noticed that the default cfg files don't load goodspeed onto parts with MFT and FSFuelSwitch modules on it and hacked together a config file that does.

Basically, it checks for the relevant modules and adds the goodspeed modules.

// This config file REQUIRES ModuleManager to function!  Get it here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219
//
// By default, this file adds the Goodspeed Automatic Fuel Pump to anything that is not a command pod and contains LiquidFuel, Oxidizer,
// MonoPropellant, and/or XenonGas. You may add additional resources below by copying one of these sections and editing the appropriate
// resource identifier, or delete a section to stop ModuleManager from adding the pump to those kinds of parts. If you want the pump
// added to your command pods too (most contain MonoPropellant these days), delete "!MODULE[ModuleCommand]," from each section below.

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GoodspeedPump]]:FINAL // Since this catches LFO tanks...
{
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GoodspeedPump]]:FINAL // ...this is probably unnecessary, but you never know.
{
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GoodspeedPump]]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[XenonGas],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GoodspeedPump]]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GoodspeedPump]]NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GoodspeedPump]]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Food],!MODULE[GoodspeedPump]]:NEEDS[Pump]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Water],!MODULE[GoodspeedPump]]:NEEDS[Pump]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Oxygen],!MODULE[GoodspeedPump]]:NEEDS[Pump]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
}

// If you wish to only add the pump to specific parts, delete the stuff above this comment,
// then use the example below, replacing "ExamplePartName" with the name of a part.

@PART[ExamplePartName]
{
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
}

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't get the texture to load. The spherical command pod is just a blue hue, and the Sr. docking port consist of just 4 RCS thrusters ...... that constantly is expelling monopropellant, even in the VAB and SPH. :P

Any suggestions what I could be doing wrong?

All I did was move the Goodspeed folder from my 0.24.2 game over to my 0.90 game. I also downloaded and applied Kolago's recompile file.

This Mod is Must Have and God Sent. Period.

Thanks Kolago & DKnight54 for keeping it alive.

Jan Gaarni: IIRC it uses textures from stockalike, and maybe also from Goodspeed (thnx) other mods. Check the .cfg and see it for yourself. I've had this problem too but fixed it easily with 7-zip & notepad++ ;-) Also, IIRC something in his mods required removing his custom tweakscale alternative (that said "size 1", "size 2" etc as opposed to usual tweakscale double sliders) from .cfg, too.

p.s. last time I checked, Goodspeed hex-truss and spherical tanks were fitting together nice.

Edited by cipherpunks

I have compiled the source against 1.0 but the module does not show up when I try to put it into tanks with ModuleManager. Somehow the GoodspeedPump module is not recognized.

I've got faith that you can figure this one out.

Automatic pumping and balancing of fuel between tanks... Such a simple concept, but the usefulness is simply incredible!

I once used this mod to virtually asparagus stage a giant, near VAB sized, rocket! The fuel lines simply couldn't reach that far!

I use it to auto refill landers that dock to stations.

I use it in planes.

I'll be downloading this as soon as you've got it figured out for 1.0!

Bump for +1 to how useful this mod is. Last I checked, the TAC fuel balancer actively destroys fuel as part of the balancing act when putting tanks of different sizes in the same group. Plus TAC is a pain to use compared to this.

Update - the 1.0.2 compatible version of TAC does not have this bug. The TAC author would love to hear about any blips in his code, if you find any.

Edited by D'Car

All,

The creator of this Mod (Gaius) has not posted since June 2014. For this mod to continue, we will need someone who is capable/willing to take over the mod. Kolago has been nice enough to create builds against new versions for us, but he has not stated that he is ready to take up the challenge of continuing support for the fuel pump.

After the Kraken took GoodSpeed away never to be seen again I have taken up the continuance of this mod. I do hope hedoesn't mind wherever he may be

[Moderator removed defunct website link]

also available on CKAN if you have it.

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

After the Kraken took GoodSpeed away never to be seen again I have taken up the continuance of this mod. I do hope hedoesn't mind wherever he may be

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/722/GPOSpeedFuelPump

also available on CKAN if you have it.

Sounds exciting! Please follow the Add-on-Posting rules:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/87841-Add-on-Posting-Rules-Aug-21st-2014

KSP.log and output_log.txt. Let me see if the pump needs to be "on" to start gunking up.

Edit: Appears to be an error in the balance function, multiplied for every tank with Balance active on the craft. Despite the errors, it does work.

Pump/Balance On in VAB - Errors on pad

Pump/Balance Off in VAB - No errors on pad

Pump On on pad - No errors

Balance On - Errors <- Culprit

Balance Off - Errors cease

Edited by Dal