HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

I don't think I've responded on an HGR thread before, but I do use this mod, and I think it's really well done. Fills a nice gap in the stock parts. I made a Titan GLV type thing and an Orion inspired CSM using this (and few other) packs.

http://i.imgur.com/MU96E2wl.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/oDvwbUgl.png

I had to modelnode-up a tall 1.875 to 2.5m adapter from the smaller adapter, though. But that's the only part I felt was missing. Can't comment on the Soyjuice as I don't use it.

I think my favourite part of this entire mod is the innovative multiple-fairing-module thing. It's a really neat way to solve the problem without using a plugin, even despite the problems extra nodes sometimes cause.

Yea, the 1.875m line still has a few parts missing, including the adapter you mentioned. I've also made a 1.875 to 3x 1.25 that's usefull in the early career, but it's still really ugly and I've put off releasing it until I can clean it up a bit. I still would like to do an RCS tank, docking port, nosecone, and an original decoupler at some point as well. Unfortunately, on top of being a slow artist, I'm also pretty busy IRL. It'll all get done eventually though, I just keep plodding along. :D

Anyways, thanks for the interest and all, don't worry about the soy-juice I'm glad that different aspects of the pack appeal to so many.

Well as long as we're trading screenies....

45NXHNR.png

ion-powered Mün lander.

9BlaqvZ.png

Soy-juice cargo variant. Can carry a small payload + crewed tug to orbit. Here it's preparing to unload a claw & small 'roid outpost...

xFbQ4IE.png

... to go rescue Milfrey & Ed Kerman after THEIR Soy-juice Lite[tm] randomly exploded after scratching an asteroid.

from the photos above, I'm assuming the Spud still works in 0.23.5?

Any reason it shouldn't? It's just a command part with an IVA and thus not using anything brittle such as a plugin.

Yea, .23.5 didn't break anything that was just parts so I never updated the main release as would have literally amounted to just changing what was in the brackets from .23 to .23.5. I'd rather actually add, fix, or change things if I'm going to update, especially with how goofy spaceport worked. I'll have to update come the 30th now though, it seems.

Oh that's when they said spaceport would shut down for good. So I guess I'll have to switch over to a curse plus mediafire format. Hopefully cuse isn't as bad as everyone says, but I've always offered mediafire as an alternative anyway so I think people will still be happy. I'm probably going to try and get a decoupler and that last adapter done by then so that the "first round" 1.875m parts and the newer version radish can get added into the main release.

Oh that's when they said spaceport would shut down for good. So I guess I'll have to switch over to a curse plus mediafire format. Hopefully cuse isn't as bad as everyone says, but I've always offered mediafire as an alternative anyway so I think people will still be happy. I'm probably going to try and get a decoupler and that last adapter done by then so that the "first round" 1.875m parts and the newer version radish can get added into the main release.

Ah, ok. Makes sense. I can't wait. I am going to have to redo my mods and include this one in the must haves. Might I suggest longer adapters? To smooth the transition from 1.25 to 1.875 to 2.5m parts (Could even make them fuel tanks)

Ah, ok. Makes sense. I can't wait. I am going to have to redo my mods and include this one in the must haves. Might I suggest longer adapters? To smooth the transition from 1.25 to 1.875 to 2.5m parts (Could even make them fuel tanks)

That's actually the one I meant in my post, not sure if I'll add fuel to it but I do believe the squad adapters are a bit overweight so mine will likely be a little lighter than what I think they would do.

OK first version of the PMK is up. (Including an IVA) Still very WIP, but it's a good start if I do say so myself. :)

EDIT: Oh, btw to use the docking scope just double click on the eyepiece area and it'll switch your POV like with windows. Press the "C" key to switch back.

I've also updated the art on the Soy-Juice service module, although I still need to fix the stats/name etc. The G90 is now using some of the new NASA pack engine effects, so that should give it a better look. As always back up your saves and all that when you upgrade, let me know what you think about everything, and have fun!

Thanks everybody, sorry I can't post pics ATM as I've got to run, but I'll try to get some up ASAP.

Edited by Orionkermin

No, that would probably be the Soyuz-like orbital module.

hmm ok how about just how about for the orion like command pod it would be the Turnip....

the L3M0N would be an optional alternative to the onion....

maybe in the future have as a standard orbital launcher called the C4RR0T? just saying

Seems like the effects on the HGR-90's are not working. I get no fire or smoke plumes from them now.

Hmm ok I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow morning when I'm home again. Do you have the NASA pack installed, the effects are from that, so without it they may not load. I may well have messed something up switching it from my dev file to the test one I uploaded as well. Can anyone else confirm the problem?

Edited by Orionkermin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.