HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

Well done, very well done. Built a soy juice and I have to admit that since Bobcats Soyuz I never thought I would enjoy or appreciate a "Kerbalized" version but sir you have proved me wrong once again well done. Some things you should consider for the future 1)Your own fairings. Proc fairings works wonderfully but it does take sometime to get the base and height radius just right. 2)A bigger better LES, no offense the only part I don't like from this pack is your LES, 3) Now this one is not essential at all but it wold be cool to consider, is soft landing engines, I know that its probably an overhaul of the main capsule but its just an idea and it would be cool, I don't know how bobcat did it but he got the engines on fire on their own. 4) Finally maybe one more beefy engine suitable for the seconds stage, Jeb told me that it takes too long to get into orbit with that second stage engine he want MOAR power! Those are just some idea and this is a wonderful pack, keep doing what you are doing and I will keep downloading.

Cheers!

Whats this though?

3jOcI4r.png

Glamour Shots

EQfgktI.png

Looking very much like a Soyuz here

buZI1Dz.png

Booster Sep

1GjFwzU.png

Fairing and LES sep

b9WYNgT.png

Second Stage

bhT7YEC.png

MECO

sYOoaN6.png

Oh hahaha that "command seat" was supposed to be removed, it was just a test model to see if a kerbal could fit inside a tiny sized cylinder for a tycho brahe type thing.

EDIT: My LES is meant for the mk 1 pod, so a kerbalized mercury tower if you will. It was mentioned earlier, but I'll link angain, Wolf Aerospace has a nice soyuz style tower. Maybe if enough people want it I'll make my own, but for the time being I'm going to be working on more important aspects of the pack.

Also, thanks for the pics everyone, glad you're all having some fun. :D

Edited by Orionkermin

Orion, don't get me wrong, but the G90 is just not good for the launch engine. Make a small 4 engine cluster with verniers for gimbal that looks like the cluster in real life. For the R-7 rockets.

Wow. Again with the rudeness. Let me fix that for you:

"Orion, I don't think the G90 is powerful enough for a good launch vehicle first stage. Could you make a small cluster similar to the r-7/Soyuz engines, please?"

Seriously, it's really disheartening as a modder and a community member so see this kind of thing.

EDIT:

Orion. These parts are beautiful. I will pot screenshots of my creations with your parts when I get the chance, but it might not happen until after the forums upgrade to Vbulletin 5.1

Edited by Deathsoul097

How did you guys get the Proc Fairings to do that with the LES?

Im guessing they built up the SoyJuice, added on the faring baseplate upside-down, and set that up correctly then locked the fairings and building the rest of the rocket.

You put a base plate on upside-down on top, then another right-side up under the payload. When you attach the fairings, make sure you put them on the nodes from the top base plate. That way they will lift up off the stack during an abort. I'll try to make an imgur album tutorial after the forum update.

Regarding the G90, it was never intended as the lifting engine, I'm going to make one when I can.

I just used the interstage fairing underneath a decoupler and adjusted the base radius, top radius, and height until it was just touching the LES.

3) Now this one is not essential at all but it wold be cool to consider, is soft landing engines, I know that its probably an overhaul of the main capsule but its just an idea and it would be cool, I don't know how bobcat did it but he got the engines on fire on their own.

Oooh I second this one! Built in soft landing engines would bring a wonderful bit of completeness to the pod. If you do a search for the Landertron mod, it did something similar but looked awful with separatrons hanging off the side (plus they tend to burn up). So it's quite doable and the code is out there somewhere. And then you could watch everyone here fall all over each other trying to be the first to post a Gravity-style rendezvous (most Kerbal scifi scene ever)!

Dude. Talk about epic. These parts are awesome, and I made my own "Kerbalized" R7/Soyuz launcher for it, mostly using parts from this pack too. I thought I grabbed more pics, but apparently not, so just enjoy this beauty shot of the SoyJuice docked to the Kerbonational Space Station. (I made it difficult for myself too, 28 degree inclination on the orbit, 250Km altitude, and I want to use a plugin to move my KSC to a -18 degree of inclination from the equator.)

oAIZQoa.png

This is the first crewed launch to the station, which is in the early stages of construction. Frankly, all that's up there is a utility module, a cupola, a hab, and many an ICBM.

Hey Orion, can please you rename the old Onion (Chinese style orbital module) to Lettuce?

So that we won't miss that part when we want to build a chinese space station.

I was going to change the name to shallot when I remake it. I can change the name of the old one too though, sure.

For anyone that cares I made an album of a failed launch and subsequent abort. (Launching with FAR is hard...)

*snip*

I used the Novapunch boosted decoupler on top in case you were wondering.

keep your TWR between 1.1 - 1.5 at launch... any higher and it becomes a nightmare to control before it exits kerbin's atmo D:

its for this reason i cant exactly create a soyuz replica in FAR environment XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.