HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

Got some low profile RCS blocks made. They all use a small shared texture so they're nice and low impact.

Awesome! I look forward to retrofitting them on my space craft (and space planes).

https://i.imgur.com/rDVkYmU.jpg

Got some low profile RCS blocks made. They all use a small shared texture so they're nice and low impact.

One has it's horizontal thrusters at a 45 degree angle so it works best on non cardinal mount points.

The other two are meant to be used in pairs similarly to those you'd use on a spaceplane. Good if you don't want them to thrust strait at solar panels. :)

I like it! They fit the design scheme well, I think. The classic models are more 'apollo' in nature, these seem more a natural fit for the HGR set.

Looks great! I'm sure I'll be using the quite a bit.

OrionKermin....

I was going to ask a question about an issue I was having regarding the radish on re-entry but I noticed I must have been using an HGR version from 1958. I downloaded the current version and am no longer exploding on re-entry.

Instead, allow me to profess my undying love for you. Sadly I'm already taken and my wife may not appreciate it if we ran off to Vegas together, please don't beg, I want to remember you for who you really are. In another life maybe.

@rwazar:

Now my dreams are crushed! *insert forever alone meme*

But seriously, the main release is way, way outdated and nobody should use it. I'm not sure which version you had rwazar, but it does sound like the old one that used auto shrouds.

While I'm here I might as well let everyone know that I've been working on IVA stuff lately. Especially remaking a lot of the props. I have a bunch remodeled, best of all being a seat that actually fits kerbals and has control sticks for them. Then new props still need texturing and then I'll be going through and updating all the IVAs including updating RPM support as well as finding a way to make the IVAs still look good for those that don't use RPM. The Onion's IVA is in the early texturing stages, however I put it on hold until I update the old props a bit, as it saves me from having to redo the layout.

While I'm here I might as well let everyone know that I've been working on IVA stuff lately. Especially remaking a lot of the props. I have a bunch remodeled, best of all being a seat that actually fits kerbals and has control sticks for them. Then new props still need texturing and then I'll be going through and updating all the IVAs including updating RPM support as well as finding a way to make the IVAs still look good for those that don't use RPM. The Onion's IVA is in the early texturing stages, however I put it on hold until I update the old props a bit, as it saves me from having to redo the layout.

Thanks for the update! Out of curiosity, how do you decided what to work on?

Thanks for the update! Out of curiosity, how do you decided what to work on?

It sort of depends on what's going on. Ideally I would work on whatever was most behind. I have a hard time doing this sometimes, for example RPM recently got updated, which pushes me into updating my support for it. That in turn moved forward when I had planned to overhaul the IVAs. Often times If I keep running into a situation when I'm playing and I keep going "man I wish I had ___ part," I'll end up wanting to make it sooner rather than later. This is sort of what happened with the recent RCS blocks. So basically, I try to plan and organize whatever I'm going to work on but have a hard time sticking to that plan...

I like the Pumpkin pod. I used it (And some other HGR parts) for my Munar Lander on my recent Kerpollo mission. Can't wait for those RCS ports to come out.

http://i.imgur.com/DH9g0A6.png

I'm trying to get an update out after the weekend. I just really want to get all this IVA updating finished as well as get the onion's IVA at least implemented. (It likely won't look great until the next update)

While installing the new seats in the Radish, I took the opportunity to move the pilots up a bit so that they look out more strait.

I'm trying to get an update out after the weekend. I just really want to get all this IVA updating finished as well as get the onion's IVA at least implemented. (It likely won't look great until the next update)

While installing the new seats in the Radish, I took the opportunity to move the pilots up a bit so that they look out more strait.

Take your time, you make quality work, so it's worth the wait. (I also have a Soyjuice going to Duna, willl snap some pics when I get there)

Update 22 is up.

Here's what it's got:

-Updated IVAs

-Updated RPM support

-Updated KAS support (Added small amount of storage to all pods, solar panels are now grab-able)

-Added first release of the Onion's IVA

-Updated Latch-O-Matic's texture

-Added the "Low Pro" RCS set

For some reason the Onion's RPM internal isn't being loaded by the module manager cfg. I haven't been able to figure out the issue. Hopefully it'll be fixed by next time. Since the RPM cfg is included you can get it to load by going into the Onion's cfg and changing:

INTERNAL
{
name = Onion
}

to

INTERNAL
{
name = Onion_RPM
}

I want to update the main release before ksp.24 releases. So in the next update I'm planning to update a few more textures and go through all the part's prices. That will likely be the update that goes in the main release. (Minus some of the really WIP stuff like the PMK and Lima) Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this update and let me know what you think. :)

Update 22 is up.

Here's what it's got:

-Updated IVAs

-Updated RPM support

-Updated KAS support (Added small amount of storage to all pods, solar panels are now grab-able)

-Added first release of the Onion's IVA

-Updated Latch-O-Matic's texture

-Added the "Low Pro" RCS set

For some reason the Onion's RPM internal isn't being loaded by the module manager cfg. I haven't been able to figure out the issue. Hopefully it'll be fixed by next time. Since the RPM cfg is included you can get it to load by going into the Onion's cfg and changing:

INTERNAL
{
name = Onion
}

to

INTERNAL
{
name = Onion_RPM
}

I want to update the main release before ksp.24 releases. So in the next update I'm planning to update a few more textures and go through all the part's prices. That will likely be the update that goes in the main release. (Minus some of the really WIP stuff like the PMK and Lima) Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this update and let me know what you think. :)

YAY :D IVA update

Nice! I really like the pic from Ike with Duna in the background. I don't think I've ever actually taken a Soy-Juice to another planet myself... >_>

I hope your transfer stage had extra habitation. :D

Yep. It was an adventure getting back.

6nCtXzg.png

The Onion's top hatch texture appears grainy and too small, whereas the hatch on the bottom is the proper size and looks excellent. Could you change the top node to match the bottom?

DFcgogL.png

RyiJm3g.png

Edited by Fraz86

The Onion's top hatch texture appears grainy and too small, whereas the hatch on the bottom is the proper size and looks excellent. Could you change the top node to match the bottom?

http://i.imgur.com/DFcgogL.png

http://i.imgur.com/RyiJm3g.png

Aye, updating that texture was something I had hoped to do before the release, but just didn't get to. It should be at the quality level of the Decent module and service module next release.

Does anybody else find the docking scope useful? I really enjoy using it, although I still need to add some indicators.

At any rate I find it enjoyable. It's a nice touch!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.