HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

yo OrionKermin,

i noticed that the G120's ISP values are reversed; 360 Atmo and 320 Vac. was it intentional or a typo?

Was definitely a typo. Fixed now, thank you!

I kind of want to see alternate textures for the Soy-Juice. Perhaps one of them could be textures similar to this but black or green.

If I'm not mistaken there's a mod that allows texture swapping, but I'm not sure what it's called.

I know people often want alternate colors since I made the Soy-Juice an nontraditional color compared to a Soyuz. I might make a dark grey one at some point, but for now I'm more concerned with getting everything else done. I guess what I'm saying is we'll see.

Does this work with 0.24? Just curious. It /should/ work with it.

Yeah, it does. If you look a little earlier in the thread, you'll see that the current version of HGR Beta is intended for 0.24 :)

Yes the version.23 of this mod is available about a page back and has been getting continually tweaked from feedback and play testing. I'm planing to update the link on the OP around Monday which should be enough time to iron out any wrinkles.

Cant wait for update... two kerbal pod now will actually come in handy.

I've been using the radish as my main rescue craft in the early game and it seems to work really well. (As long as I remember not to launch with two kerbals)

Speaking of the Radish; I'm considering moving it to the flight control node on the tech tree. This would be to keep it in line with the stock pods which all appear on the same row now. Thoughts?

I could be wrong (will be doing more testing soon) but with the changes you made to the G120 a Soyuz style ship (like the included soy-juice craft) gets into space with a little too much fuel. In older versions the 2nd stage would be dumped while circularising allowing the service module engine to finish it off (leaving the second stage to re-enter and be destroyed). With the buffs it seems capable of getting a stable orbit before the 2nd stage runs out of fuel.

No biggie but thought it was worth mentioning.

Ive noticed a bug when running HGR and Realchute;

The game hangs on HGR/Utilities/inline chute, when both are installed.

Doesnt hang withouth Realchutes or by removing the inline chutes from HGR

Only tested in 32bit, 64bit is too drunk and needs to sober up, crashes crashes crashes

Thanks for your effort, still my favorite pods

Ive noticed a bug when running HGR and Realchute;

The game hangs on HGR/Utilities/inline chute, when both are installed.

Doesnt hang withouth Realchutes or by removing the inline chutes from HGR

Only tested in 32bit, 64bit is too drunk and needs to sober up, crashes crashes crashes

Thanks for your effort, still my favorite pods

Welcome to the past 2-3 pages of this thread...

For the fix, you'll actually need to do some reading of the previous posts...

Welcome to the past 2-3 pages of this thread...

For the fix, you'll actually need to do some reading of the previous posts...

The updated cfg should be in the DL now as well. Can you confirm that what I posted is working for you?

The updated cfg should be in the DL now as well. Can you confirm that what I posted is working for you?

Not at my main PC right now. But will do as soon as I get to it.

I've also noticed some issue with animations playing out freely in the editor. Like the Soy-Juice pod's breaking thrusters, or a decoupler's "puff" when separating...

Not at my main PC right now. But will do as soon as I get to it.

I've also noticed some issue with animations playing out freely in the editor. Like the Soy-Juice pod's breaking thrusters, or a decoupler's "puff" when separating...

NW, it was working for me but you know how it is with this stuff, sometimes it doesn't work for anybody else. :)

I haven't seen any animation bugs however. It could be an incompatibility with another mod or 64bit.

NW, it was working for me but you know how it is with this stuff, sometimes it doesn't work for anybody else. :)

I haven't seen any animation bugs however. It could be an incompatibility with another mod or 64bit.

Where exactly is the latest version of your pack? The download link shows as having been uploaded on the 12th...

Orionkermin you monster!!! Your TAC Life Support .8 values nearly killed poor Bob and Bill when they were flying with TAC LS .9!!! ;) Here's a MM patch to update the values to .9. If you want to incorporate this into your parts, it's probably easiest just to delete the TAC nodes entirely and let TAC LS's MM patch add them on the fly.

@PART[HGR_Leek]{

@RESOURCE[Food] {
@amount *= .71
@maxAmount *= .71
}

@RESOURCE[Water] {
@amount *= 1.35
@maxAmount *= 1.35
}

@RESOURCE[Oxygen] {
@amount *= 228.2
@maxAmount *= 228.2
}

@RESOURCE[CarbonDioxide]{
@maxAmount *= 196.34
}

@RESOURCE[Waste]{
@maxAmount *= 0.51
}

@RESOURCE[WasteWater]{
@maxAmount *= 1.49
}

}

@PART[OnionNew]{

@RESOURCE[Food] {
@amount *= .71
@maxAmount *= .71
}

@RESOURCE[Water] {
@amount *= 1.35
@maxAmount *= 1.35
}

@RESOURCE[Oxygen] {
@amount *= 228.2
@maxAmount *= 228.2
}

@maxAmount *= 196.34
}

@RESOURCE[Waste]{
@maxAmount *= 0.51
}

@RESOURCE[WasteWater]{
@maxAmount *= 1.49
}

}

@PART[Onion]{

@RESOURCE[Food] {
@amount *= .71
@maxAmount *= .71
}

@RESOURCE[Water] {
@amount *= 1.35
@maxAmount *= 1.35
}

@RESOURCE[Oxygen] {
@amount *= 228.2
@maxAmount *= 228.2
}

@maxAmount *= 196.34
}

@RESOURCE[Waste]{
@maxAmount *= 0.51
}

@RESOURCE[WasteWater]{
@maxAmount *= 1.49
}

}

@PART[PumpkinLanderCabin]{

@RESOURCE[Food] {
@amount *= .71
@maxAmount *= .71
}

@RESOURCE[Water] {
@amount *= 1.35
@maxAmount *= 1.35
}

@RESOURCE[Oxygen] {
@amount *= 228.2
@maxAmount *= 228.2
}

@maxAmount *= 196.34
}

@RESOURCE[Waste]{
@maxAmount *= 0.51
}

@RESOURCE[WasteWater]{
@maxAmount *= 1.49
}

}

@PART[Radish]{

@RESOURCE[Food] {
@amount *= .71
@maxAmount *= .71
}

@RESOURCE[Water] {
@amount *= 1.35
@maxAmount *= 1.35
}

@RESOURCE[Oxygen] {
@amount *= 228.2
@maxAmount *= 228.2
}

@maxAmount *= 196.34
}

@RESOURCE[Waste]{
@maxAmount *= 0.51
}

@RESOURCE[WasteWater]{
@maxAmount *= 1.49
}

}

@PART[Soy-Juice]{

@RESOURCE[Food] {
@amount *= .71
@maxAmount *= .71
}

@RESOURCE[Water] {
@amount *= 1.35
@maxAmount *= 1.35
}

@RESOURCE[Oxygen] {
@amount *= 228.2
@maxAmount *= 228.2
}

@maxAmount *= 196.34
}

@RESOURCE[Waste]{
@maxAmount *= 0.51
}

@RESOURCE[WasteWater]{
@maxAmount *= 1.49
}

}

@PART[Lima]{

@RESOURCE[Food] {
@amount *= .71
@maxAmount *= .71
}

@RESOURCE[Water] {
@amount *= 1.35
@maxAmount *= 1.35
}

@RESOURCE[Oxygen] {
@amount *= 228.2
@maxAmount *= 228.2
}

@maxAmount *= 196.34
}

@RESOURCE[Waste]{
@maxAmount *= 0.51
}

@RESOURCE[WasteWater]{
@maxAmount *= 1.49
}

}

@PART[Spud]{

@RESOURCE[Food] {
@amount *= .71
@maxAmount *= .71
}

@RESOURCE[Water] {
@amount *= 1.35
@maxAmount *= 1.35
}

@RESOURCE[Oxygen] {
@amount *= 228.2
@maxAmount *= 228.2
}

@maxAmount *= 196.34
}

@RESOURCE[Waste]{
@maxAmount *= 0.51
}

@RESOURCE[WasteWater]{
@maxAmount *= 1.49
}

}

Sorry I had no idea it was updated and the values changed! I've been wanting to switch over to using a MM file for TAC anyways, so I guess now is a good time. I'll read up on TAC's changes and update my mod accordingly ASAP.

Actually you should consider removing the TAC definitions from your parts entirely. Taranis already bundles a MM CFG that adds 3 Kerbal Days (18hrs/Kerbal) of life support to any part with crew capacity. It would be helpful, however, to include a MM CFG that increases electrical charge to 250 units per Kerbal to mirror Taranis' changes to the stock parts.

I'm going to be posting up the actual HGRbeta Ver.0.23 soon Everything seems to be working correctly, I just need to double check with the DRE update. To celebrate I made a quick alt color for the Soy-Juice. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/faR0xgH.jpg

Not bad.

As for my input on the animation nonsense- the "latest" build you directed me to seems to be working fine, or as good as you'd expect. As far as I can discern at least. Still getting a random decoupler bug or the animation sometimes plays off in editor but then stops. I'm guessing it's to do with the x64 version or something...

Ok the new official version of the Beta is up on the OP. Thanks for all your help everyone!

Note that several parts have moved around on the tech tree and the old onion and tri adapter were removed. This means some parts may need to be re-researched, be careful with your flights in progress. Especially those using the radish or low pro RCS thrusters.

Edited by Orionkermin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.