HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

There any difference between the release in this thread and the other thread?

Yea the other doesn't have the Lima or the PMK right now as I felt that they weren't release ready. This version will also always receive more frequent updates and the newest parts. If you're already using the beta there's no reason to switch over. :)

With the alternate textures, make them look like they have thermal blankets instead of straight up colors.

The thing is that an alternate color doesn't take a huge amount of time, whereas to do a thermal blanket texture properly would basically mean creating an entire new texture. With so many other things to do in the mod and the limited time I have to work on the mod an alternate color was all I had time for. I do plan to texture the Lima in thermal blanket style, which I know is not exactly what people want but it's at least a start. At some point and time I may try to make one for the soy-juice, but it won't be until more of the mod is complete.

How do you install the alternate service module and the alternate soy-juice texture? Also I think this mod will benefit greatly if you create a lander capable of reaching the Mun and possibly Minmus. Great work!

For both files the end goal is to merge the HGR files with those installed on your computer. Merging the GameData files will achieve this same goal as the paths have been been set up for this. The alternate texture will ask if you want to overwrite the existing one and just say yes to all. I'll be looking into and trying to familiarize myself with texture switcher so that in the future it will be easier to go between them.

When you say a lander that can reach the moon, do you mean a craft file?

How do you install the alternate service module and the alternate soy-juice texture? Also I think this mod will benefit greatly if you create a lander capable of reaching the Mun and possibly Minmus. Great work!

Minmus Lander:

4J1vJ2e.png

(Legs are from AIES, but Stock should work, there's also other bits there)

Mun Lander:

W6u5vPp.png

(Legs are AIES, panels are B9, but there is the 1.85m small tank and the G90 (The small engine) under everything)

Are mine flatter than those b9 ones?

Flatter and much more low profile. The B9 ones have a bump for the center port whereas yours just have the center port, yours look so much better because of it.

Pics for Comparison (Top is B9):

PH2bJ0B.png

TfWztc3.png

Edited by Taki117

The thing is that an alternate color doesn't take a huge amount of time, whereas to do a thermal blanket texture properly would basically mean creating an entire new texture. With so many other things to do in the mod and the limited time I have to work on the mod an alternate color was all I had time for. I do plan to texture the Lima in thermal blanket style, which I know is not exactly what people want but it's at least a start. At some point and time I may try to make one for the soy-juice, but it won't be until more of the mod is complete.

Uugh. Well whatever. I just won't get it until you make one if you ever do. If the color isn't white, it looks ugly as just a bare color.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.