HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

@therealcrow: Yea R&D is meant as testing platform, especially since my new releases almost always need something sorted out, and sometimes letting people play with things you haven't finished will give you good feedback. The revamp stuff will always show up here first.

Speaking of splitting things off, I may just do that with a little bit of what's already in HGR. For instance I'm considering making 1.25m rescale of my soyuz style tanks when they're done and bundling with the spud for a "soviet start" mod.

@Helix: Out of curiosity why not use the service module from tantares for a mini soyuz? Or just Use Tantares in general if you want one that size? Just wondering.

I too would like to make a request. If at all possible I would like a dedicated fairing for the Spud command pod. You're pack is awesome, and while it does Soyuz/Shenzhou very well I feel like the Spud has gotten left out as it is an almost perfect analog to the Vostok spacecraft used to put the first man in space. I would use procedural fairings, but they don't look right and are unlocked long after the Spud making them impractical. Thank you in advance and keep up the good work.

I agree that the spud needs some love. Not only in the form of fairings, but in a better looking chute( maybe even built in) and better/updated textures. That would all be stuff I'd work on if I split the Spud off HGR propper as I proposed in my last post.

I rather like the spud, at least for starting out. Lightweight can't be beat, ! I'm probably not the best to judge textures, as i've got to run on 1/4 textures to get the game to not crash, but they work for it I think. (And it does make a good lander, too. Hrm... I should see what I can do with the new engines from RLA :D )

I rather like the spud, at least for starting out. Lightweight can't be beat, ! I'm probably not the best to judge textures, as i've got to run on 1/4 textures to get the game to not crash, but they work for it I think. (And it does make a good lander, too. Hrm... I should see what I can do with the new engines from RLA :D )

I concur, the Spud and the Radish are the must have parts in this mod for me. I'm not really of fan of the Soviet capsules as spacecraft but I really like them on landers.

Hey Orion, just wanted to give you a heads up that I've released a new version of the Landertron plugin. There's no rush to upgrade, the only change relevant to your implementation is that I fixed a bug causing the rockets to fire incorrectly if the user limited thrust via tweakables.

Yes, for the new verniers, I was thinking of using the space shuttle engines mod so the verniers can act like real veriners and turn at amazing angles.

I do like the space shuttle engines mod a lot. And while this is a good idea, I'd really rather prefer to keep dependencies to a minimum.

Hey Orion, just wanted to give you a heads up that I've released a new version of the Landertron plugin. There's no rush to upgrade, the only change relevant to your implementation is that I fixed a bug causing the rockets to fire incorrectly if the user limited thrust via tweakables.

Thanks XanderTek, I appreciate the heads up. I wanted to update HGR this weekend, but unfortunately family things came up and I just won't be able to yet. With any luck it'l be sometime during the week.

So..... How's development going?

Well I got all the textures converted. (Takes longer than you'd imagine, since things tend to break when you make sweeping changes.) tomorrow I'm planning to work on updating the plug-ins that are bundled in and do some general testing to make sure it's all working in 0.25. So I "should" have an update up sometime by the end of tomorrow.

Well I got all the textures converted. (Takes longer than you'd imagine, since things tend to break when you make sweeping changes.) tomorrow I'm planning to work on updating the plug-ins that are bundled in and do some general testing to make sure it's all working in 0.25. So I "should" have an update up sometime by the end of tomorrow.

I can save you some trouble and confirm that with updated plug-ins everything is working perfectly in .25.

Question: With the Texture Reduction Folder, how much Quality is lost?

Probably a lot, they're half the size of the originals and I think most are still .tga format, so they're susceptible to the bug. (I didn't get time to convert them yet and I though that maybe people who needed the reduction would rather deal with the bug associated with .tga for the smaller footprint.) Are you having memory issues now that everything is .mbm?

Probably a lot, they're half the size of the originals and I think most are still .tga format, so they're susceptible to the bug. (I didn't get time to convert them yet and I though that maybe people who needed the reduction would rather deal with the bug associated with .tga for the smaller footprint.) Are you having memory issues now that everything is .mbm?

I don't think texture reduction is needed for .mbms. They are already compressed, and leave, like, half the footprint that .tgas leave.

More like hitting the memory cap with All the mods I have, +using OpenGl and Aggressive ATM, and Part Pruning.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.