HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

Will the upcoming reboot perhaps include reflections from TextureReplacer?

There is one problem with the Service Module for the Radish, probably related to the fact that the pod (and thus the top of the Service Module) is not actually 1.875m. The angle of the truncated cone on the Service Module is smaller, so the base is so wide that it actually goes outwards too much... It's hard to actually explain it. The service module should be slightly more cylindrical and less conical than the pod itself.

Apologies for this horrible trackpad-drawn sketch. I swear I'm actually a good artist.

hhomEWL.png

Edited by GregroxMun

I've started working on the new tanks. The first three are done, (including an RCS tank) next up will be the larger ones and the radial booster. The nice thing is now all of them will reference the new end-caps which makes the work easier and faster for me, all the while adding a lot more detail.

I know a lot of people liked the original "bolted together" theme, but I think going with a sleek but banged up style will give us good looking rockets that still look very Kerbal. (Read made by boxtrolls) By not extruding the tanks in so much, they actually come across as having a more appropriate volume as well.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've started working on the new tanks. The first three are done, (including an RCS tank) next up will be the larger ones and the radial booster. The nice thing is now all of them will reference the new end-caps which makes the work easier and faster for me, all the while adding a lot more detail.

Those look fantastic! You've come a long way in the last year :)

May I suggest not requiring special tranks for the spacecraft? The all-in-one service module seems just a bit too cheaty. Also, while the black on the tanks looks kinda neat, in real life they would overheat way too much from the absorption of solar heat. That's why the

Edited by GregroxMun

Pretty much got the new radial booster and nose cones finished. Might have to go back and do a little tweaking here and there, but for the most part I think they are looking good.

A couple of notes:

-The radial booster is now much taller and has similar stats/capacity as the biggest cylindrical HGR tank.

-I added a new sloped nose cone for those that prefer that look.

-The nose cones now hold a small supply of LFO.

hMvvJDh.png

Since this is starting to come together, here's a bit of a quick soy-juice mock up using the new tanks.

JTZWpUc.png

I'm going to be working on the adapters now and after that the bulk of this phase will be finished and I'll just need to do some testing and polishing before posting up a test build of the new tanks.

Pretty much got the new radial booster and nose cones finished. Might have to go back and do a little tweaking here and there, but for the most part I think they are looking good.

A couple of notes:

-The radial booster is now much taller and has similar stats/capacity as the biggest cylindrical HGR tank.

http://i.imgur.com/hMvvJDh.png

Since this is starting to come together, here's a bit of a quick soy-juice mock up using the new tanks.

http://i.imgur.com/JTZWpUc.png

I'm going to be working on the adapters now and after that the bulk of this phase will be finished and I'll just need to do some testing and polishing before posting up a test build of the new tanks.

love the look, reminds me of the salyut...

A couple of notes:

http://i.imgur.com/hMvvJDh.png

http://i.imgur.com/JTZWpUc.png

wooow very nice look, very nice indeed :)

but a suggestion.... don't take too long to release or i predict problems!!! riot;s on the streets,protest's everywhere and god knows what else :P

Don't worry too much GregroxMun, I'm planning to change the manufacturer of the g-120 to rockomax and incorporate orange into its color scheme. That should make up a bit of the difference and the tanks won't be so awkward when paired up with other styles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.