HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

Yes, at the moment as far as HGR is concerned I'm working on refining and improving the existing catalog. (As well as fleshing out some of the missing 1.875m parts) Anything else I do will most likely be outside of HGR at this time, as I want this mod to primarily focus on parts and craft that can be best represented in the 1.875m size range. Even the spud I feel should eventually be moved off into it's own little mini pack, when I get around to refurbishing it.

So how about a 1.8m 2-man spherical pod? I like the Radish but to me it doesn't seem to fit with the other parts. And it's a pain to stick a standard sized docking port on. A spherical, vaguely vosk-ish pod would round things out I think. No pun intended.

Regarding the radish, one of my eventual goals to allow texture swapping on the tanks to allow you to make a stock like Titan II. It's way down the pipeline, however I'll get to it when I return to the ol' Radish.

If I ever make a voskhod, it will be done outside of HGR.

• 2 weeks later...

Orionkermin, why are there so many duplicated textures in HGR/Props (ComputerBank, FlightSeat, Hatch, Light)? And FlightSeat prop is present in 0.24 again, although not referenced by any internal space.

Orionkermin, why are there so many duplicated textures in HGR/Props (ComputerBank, FlightSeat, Hatch, Light)? And FlightSeat prop is present in 0.24 again, although not referenced by any internal space.

The duplicated textures are likely a result of names changing and then getting re-exported in unity. The last update was somewhat rushed and was mostly just to make sure everything was working with .25 and to update the plug-ins. The mod needs a lot of work in its current state and I will be getting to it, but time is limited and I was rusty when I first came back from hiatus. I've been mostly working on a little side project, but I'm about to finish that up and get dug into fixing HGR up.

If you're interested in the other thing I'm working on, check out this thread.

S7OoWb4.pngpxGvTLT.png

Can you include the nosecone in HGR as well?

Also, do you think you could attempt to match the quality (or at least some of the redesign aesthetics) of Ven's Stock Part Revamp for an alternate pack? Specifically the tankbutts removed from the engines and the tops of tanks being replaced with the bulkheads.

I'm liking the new parts pack, Orion. Take all the time you need on either of them; I rather like the bolted together tanks, personally; it's very Kerbal. The other pack... well, it just wouldn't feel like HGR to me, if that makes any sense, GregroxMun.

If you're interested in the other thing I'm working on, check out this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/S7OoWb4.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/pxGvTLT.png

That's some gorgeous texture work there! I keep checking and finding new little details.

Are you going for stock style or maybe towards B9 style ( I see the kind of edge wear there).

On a side note, I've never come across those raster screens in the IVA shot you have there (The screens without buttons) did you make them?

First off, I *love* your mod. It fits wonderfully to my N-1 :)

Stupid question, though: what is that new "Pumpkin" Can? Also, are you going to make a Voskhod descent module?

Is the spud not a decent module? The Pumpkin can is a nice replacement for the stock 2 seat lander can, I find. It's nice and roomy inside! I'll try to show the latest lander I made from it when I get home tonight. (******* cost 110000 in career mode... It's reusable to say the least!)

That's some gorgeous texture work there! I keep checking and finding new little details.

Are you going for stock style or maybe towards B9 style ( I see the kind of edge wear there).

On a side note, I've never come across those raster screens in the IVA shot you have there (The screens without buttons) did you make them?

Thanks!

I'm sort of just taking the elements I like from several sources and smashing them together to see what I get. Hopefully that will result in a style that at least sort of goes with anything.

The screens are a prop I made and actually use in HGR as well. They get replaced by RPMs if you have raster prop monitor installed however, which may be why some dont run into them.

I'm sure someone has brought this up or you've noticed, but there is a bug with the onion service module that causes it to scale infinitely in the editor. I'm not sure anyone has mentioned a possible fix, but it might be THIS.

Are you playing with TAC life support? If so, this is likely the culprit from additional resources being added. I will try to address this when I can, but in the meantime adding a part module that does nothing should solve it. For instance adding a reaction wheel that produces0.0001 torque. (Avoid zero values)

I'm sure someone has brought this up or you've noticed, but there is a bug with the onion service module that causes it to scale infinitely in the editor. I'm not sure anyone has mentioned a possible fix, but it might be THIS.

This handy mod will fix your problem. I don't know what could be causeing your problem but this outdated little mod still works and fixes the infinite expanding. I have never experieced this issue because of TAC. I have experienced it randomly throughtout my KSP tenure, this fixes it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pllcpggs805zwmt/uploads_2013_12_Modulefixer3.zip

• 5 weeks later...

Nice work so far on this mod. The command pods are very nice. The style works well with stock.

My only issue is that the propulsion parts feel a little over powered to me. With a mk-1 pod and a service module I was able to get most of the way into orbit. 1700m/s and an apoapsis of 85km. a Delt-v of 3500 (in the case of just the service module and a pod) with such a TWR in a small service module seems a bit overpowered. I don't know, perhaps it's been mentioned before, might need a balance pass.

Keep up the good work.

Are you playing with TAC life support? If so, this is likely the culprit from additional resources being added. I will try to address this when I can, but in the meantime adding a part module that does nothing should solve it. For instance adding a reaction wheel that produces0.0001 torque. (Avoid zero values)

I actually don't use TAC, but the resources it adds are present in some parts in the VAB.

This handy mod will fix your problem.

Beautiful, thank you! I will definitely use this next time.

Nice work so far on this mod. The command pods are very nice. The style works well with stock.

My only issue is that the propulsion parts feel a little over powered to me. With a mk-1 pod and a service module I was able to get most of the way into orbit. 1700m/s and an apoapsis of 85km. a Delt-v of 3500 (in the case of just the service module and a pod) with such a TWR in a small service module seems a bit overpowered. I don't know, perhaps it's been mentioned before, might need a balance pass.

Keep up the good work.

This is more to do with the weight you're using. Its designed to be a stock-alike Soyuz/shenzhou, which is rather heavy. They are supposed to be more powerful than 1.25m and more efficient than 2.5m engines.

• 2 weeks later...
It would still be bolted together, but it could look a whole lot better. And the Fuel Tanks and engines are still some of the oldest parts of this mod.

I'm actually planning to begin working on rebooting the entire mod after the holidays. I plan to work in phases, so first would be tanks and adapters, then engines, then the command pods etc. to answer the question you asked in the other thread, I've considered making the radish a true 1.875 diameter pod, but I haven't reached a definative conclution on whether that's what I want to do with it yet. There is something to say for it's adaptability on whether you want to use it for 1.25 or 1.875m stacks.

I'm actually planning to begin working on rebooting the entire mod after the holidays. I plan to work in phases, so first would be tanks and adapters, then engines, then the command pods etc. to answer the question you asked in the other thread, I've considered making the radish a true 1.875 diameter pod, but I haven't reached a definative conclution on whether that's what I want to do with it yet. There is something to say for it's adaptability on whether you want to use it for 1.25 or 1.875m stacks.

We can use the other 2-kerbal gemini-esque capsule you made for a 1.25m 2-kerb capsule!

Does this work in .90? My favorite and most required mod, by the way. Where can I donate?

Hi, I haven't gotten to do much formal testing yet and have gotten mixed feedback. I'm going to say in it's current state it seems to be working for some and buggy for others. If it doesn't work try removing the plug-ins first as they are more likely to break and are there for convenience rather than being required. In the development thread someone reported some kind of incompatibility with one of Tantares MM cfgs, so be mindful of that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.