[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

Oddly enough, turn permadeath "off" (as in the light is off) and it works fine.

Is anyone actively working with this mod? Anyone? Anyone?

Is a great mod, would love to see new features and some of the bugs worked out.

Loving this plugin, nifty idea! I'm tooling around in a new career save, v0.23.5, and I did update the Toolbar after installing. I could run it for a while, but now the toolbar button is unresponsive (the logo changes from green to grey and back as if it were responsive, though...). Alt+F is similarly nojoy. The half of fame savefiles seem to be updating, I just cannot display and gloat over them in-game. :(

Any thoughts? (This problem persists even on a separate virgin-save, and after reinstalling both this mod and Toolbar.)

Edit: I see that a few pages ago someone commented on what seem to be the same issues. Something about deleting the toolbar info and perhaps some other file? I'll try it when I get home tonight.

Edited by MisterFister

How can I move or close the FF box? It sits smack in the center of my screen, getting in the way of panoramic screenshots.

And if I can close it, how do I open it again?

You can move it by dragging pretty much any part of it. As for closing... well, there should be a "Close" button in the upper right corner.

To open it again, click the Toolbar button labeled "FF". You may need to set up Toolbar to show it. You can also hit ALT+F to toggle the window, but that feature seems to be a bit buggy at the moment.

I'm talking about the tiny little gray box with "FF" on it, not the translucent window with the crew names and medals.

ph0dHjfs.png

It's on Duna in this image. It can't be dragged, and clicking on it in any way opens up the large window.

Edited by JenBurdoo

That's not part of final frontier, that's the toolbar. Click on the down arrow, then click on "unlock position and size". Don't think it's possible to completely hide it except with F2, but you can place it near the edge of the screen and it will be less obtrusive than, say, the MechJeb panel.

Don't know if anyone's gotten any of these, but my KSP install is acting weird so I checked the output.log and found a couple of NREs from FF:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FlightGlobals.get_ActiveVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nereid.FinalFrontier.FinalFrontier.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

For some reason it opens the window when I press F. This conflicts with StretchySRBs and I'd rather have that over this mod. Anyone know how to fix? Preferably I'd like it to be so that it won't open even with Alt-F.

For some reason it opens the window when I press F. This conflicts with StretchySRBs and I'd rather have that over this mod. Anyone know how to fix? Preferably I'd like it to be so that it won't open even with Alt-F.

No way to change the hotkeys yet. I hope Nereid comes back soon, FF really needs some attention.. I'm almost on the point of uninstalling it because it's almost more annoying than it's worth, what with these black boxes instead of ribbons and the whole window showing up whenever I want to reboard a vessel.. :/

Fix? No, but for me pressing both alt keys in succession is a good enough temporary workaround. My guess is something in KSP thinks alt is pressed when it isn't, and sending a real alt signal resets it.

My guess is something in KSP thinks alt is pressed when it isn't, and sending a real alt signal resets it.

I don't think so - it's only FF that has this phantom Alt press screwing things up. I haven't had it with any other bit of KSP, so I'm pretty sure it FF. Instead of changing hotkeys, what I'd really like is for them to be gone altogether, what with toolbar integration and all.

I really hope Neried continues development of this plugin. It could use some polishing and maybe a couple of additional features, like user entered mission notes and recording the vessel name in the auto log.

Don't know if anyone's gotten any of these, but my KSP install is acting weird so I checked the output.log and found a couple of NREs from FF:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FlightGlobals.get_ActiveVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nereid.FinalFrontier.FinalFrontier.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I had the same error, noticed after reviewing my logs. I investigated the source for FF and found that there is no other side effect to this issue - the plugin remains fully functional. I haven't taken the time to attempt to reproduce the problem on 0.23, but my first guess is that in 0.23.5 KSP is starting things differently than before, and in this case FF is attempting to monitor the game to award medals too early. So, beyond the log spam, the error is harmless.

This is an awesome mod! I just gave my two spaceplane pilot Kerbals their Spaceplane wings and, despite the fact that they have yet to leave LKO, they now feel special because they have a ribbon no one else is going to get. (I might also do something similar for my interplanetary missions)

I don't think so - it's only FF that has this phantom Alt press screwing things up. I haven't had it with any other bit of KSP, so I'm pretty sure it FF. Instead of changing hotkeys, what I'd really like is for them to be gone altogether, what with toolbar integration and all.

If I knew anything about compiling code against unity and KSP I'd throw a wrench in that bit myself. Unfortunately, pretty much all my programming knowledge is with languages that compile on-the-fly. >.<

I'm getting the 'FF window doesnt show up when I press the FF button' bug. Tried alt-f, then played with toolbar settings, and I tried looking in my savegame files with notepad, but couldn't isolate anything FF-related in them. Installed latest version of toolbar, but that didn't help. Looked a few pages back in this thread, but didn't find anything that I hadn't already tried. Anyone got anything for this?

I'm getting the 'FF window doesnt show up when I press the FF button' bug. Tried alt-f, then played with toolbar settings, and I tried looking in my savegame files with notepad, but couldn't isolate anything FF-related in them. Installed latest version of toolbar, but that didn't help. Looked a few pages back in this thread, but didn't find anything that I hadn't already tried. Anyone got anything for this?

I had the same problem than you IonMage and fix it by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F

23.5.464 KSP, FF 0.3.9, Toolbar 1.7.1, MM 2.0.8

I'm sorry if these have been noticed elsewhere, but these are the bugs I've noticed this evening:

SPH: FF toolbar button doesn't show in toolbar. Alt+F works.

AC: FF toolbar shows, turns green when hit, but no window. Alt+F doesn't work.

R&D: FF toolbar shows, turns green when hit, but no window. Alt+F works.

Everywhere else: Toolbar button works, Alt+F works.

Adding custom buttons is inconsistent. I was going through and adding mission commander ribbons, but could only add one ribbon. I then had to exit wherever I was and visit 1 or 2 other locations before I could add another ribbon; i.e., I'm in the main window, award ribbon, then have to go to tracker or VAB and sometimes back again before I can award another ribbon.

I love this mod! Any suggestions that I missed to fix the above issues, or are they bugged? Thanks!