[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

Possible minor bug report: I am not sure about this, but is it possible that when you recover a vessel from the Tracking Station view and not immediately after splashdown/landing, the mission count does not get updated? I have a few Kerbals with mission number 0 while they definitely went on a mission (and have ribbons and they have returned). I have done this like 2-3 times, and I think this might be the reason...

Great mod in any case!

I downloaded this yesterday and none of the kerbals are getting ribbons. My first kerbal to orbit got nothing but an extra thing on his mission count. Just to be sure something was wrong, I popped a command on the runway and plonked a flag right beside it to try and get the first flag on kerbin ribbon. Yet poor Mitsy was simply given another tally to his mission count. I am using 64 bit ksp 24.2. If need be I'll list the other mods in my folder.

I would just like to say that I decided to add this to my KSP install. Yea, just one more mod. Got so many now that I have to run in 64bit to even get the game to run.

But let me say, I started a new Career mode game and the play has been fantastic. Especially since adding this Final Frontier mod. Now it really feels like accomplishing something. So far everything seems to be working great.

My mod list all are up to date as far as I know...

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

[D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\MODS]

RealSolarSystem7.2

Advanced Jet Engines

DeadlyReentry

EngineIgnitor

RealChute1.2

MechJeb2

RealFuels

FerramAerospaceResearch

KerbalJointReinforcement

TweakScale

ProcFairings

RemoteTech

FinalFrontier

Interstellar

RealismOverhaul

TacLifeSupport

I have the latest version of KSP and installed this mod last week. Everything worked fine until today when Jeb made Kerbkind's first Mun landing and didn't get a ribbon for it. He did get a surface eva and all other ribbons associated with orbiting and walking on the mun.

Is there a place where we can manually award those ribbons?

Possible minor bug report: I am not sure about this, but is it possible that when you recover a vessel from the Tracking Station view and not immediately after splashdown/landing, the mission count does not get updated? I have a few Kerbals with mission number 0 while they definitely went on a mission (and have ribbons and they have returned). I have done this like 2-3 times, and I think this might be the reason...

Great mod in any case!

All right, today I did my first Kermanned flight in a new save, and did recovery just after splashdown without going to the tracking station, but the mission count (or time) did not go up... So it is not connected to the scene from where the recovery is done... Any ideas?

just recovered two kerbals from a splashdown and they both have additional missions. Check the last few lines of your halloffame.ksp file and see whether you're missing an L+ for the kerbals. The issue may be in the way you're launching craft. If there's no L+ then the mod won't end a mission that never started

just recovered two kerbals from a splashdown and they both have additional missions. Check the last few lines of your halloffame.ksp file and see whether you're missing an L+ for the kerbals. The issue may be in the way you're launching craft. If there's no L+ then the mod won't end a mission that never started

Hmmm. I think it is indeed missing, but I did some further tests, maybe that helps to see what is going on:

1) Important to note that the Kerbals got their ribbons, it is only the mission count which did not change.

2) I just put back the same craft to the launch pad with the same Kerbals on board, and recovered it without launching, hoping that I could influence the mission number like this. This experiment lead to an interesting result, namely that the mission count indeed went one up, but it went back to zero after I loaded into an active satellite and came back to the Space Center screen.

Question: if this does not give you a clue about what could have gone wrong, is there a way to manually raise the mission count numbers somehow?

Relevant part from the halloffame.ksp file (showing the ribbons but no L+)

1251300.20676909 HS:500 Jebediah Kerman
1251300.20676909 HS:500 Bill Kerman
1251300.20676909 HS:500 Bob Kerman
1251384.48676916 HL:500 Jebediah Kerman
1251384.48676916 HL:500 Bill Kerman
1251384.48676916 HL:500 Bob Kerman
1251385.06676917 L1:Kerbin Jebediah Kerman
1251385.06676917 L1:Kerbin Bill Kerman
1251385.06676917 L1:Kerbin Bob Kerman
1251488.18676926 M1 Jebediah Kerman
1251488.18676926 M1 Bill Kerman
1251488.18676926 M1 Bob Kerman
1251579.64676935 S1 Jebediah Kerman
1251579.64676935 S1 Bill Kerman
1251579.64676935 S1 Bob Kerman
1251784.08252143 H3 Jebediah Kerman
1251784.08252143 H3 Bill Kerman
1251784.08252143 H3 Bob Kerman
1251802.56252145 O1:Kerbin Jebediah Kerman
1251802.56252145 O1:Kerbin Bill Kerman
1251802.56252145 O1:Kerbin Bob Kerman
1253169.94121799 D+ Jebediah Kerman
1253169.94121799 D+ Bill Kerman
1253169.94121799 D+ Bob Kerman
1253986.65973416 M5 Jebediah Kerman
1253986.65973416 M5 Bill Kerman
1253986.65973416 M5 Bob Kerman
1254313.79973447 W Jebediah Kerman
1254313.79973447 W Bill Kerman
1254313.79973447 W Bob Kerman

Edited by papics
typo...

Question: if this does not give you a clue about what could have gone wrong, is there a way to manually raise the mission count numbers somehow?

Yup, no clue. It's got to be something with your launches. The only way I've seen stuff disappear is if you load a save at an earlier time, it will dump any halloffame events afterwards (which I hate, BTW if nereid sees this, s I "time travel" often to manage multiple missions)

anyways yes you can manually increase the count, the program counts missions for each L+ and M+ combo it sees in the halloffame file. So just add the appropriate L+ (time of launch) and M+ (time of recovery) to the file and you'll have an additional mission to the counter as well as increased mission time

anyways yes you can manually increase the count, the program counts missions for each L+ and M+ combo it sees in the halloffame file. So just add the appropriate L+ (time of launch) and M+ (time of recovery) to the file and you'll have an additional mission to the counter as well as increased mission time

Thanks a lot!

I love this mod.

My little Kerblings finally seem to have stories to tell. I even use the custom ribbons to build backgrounds for them, like "Veteran Naval Pilot" and "Top-Gun from the Pancake Wars" (my Kerbin history has Pancake Wars, they were brutal :) ) and other military titles. I also use them to create astronaut groups, which inevitably end up being commanded by the Original Three. Small feature request: Possibly the ability to get a small paragraph for each Kerbal to write a background story? I do it with the ribbons but it could be interesting, especially for weirdo role-players like mwah.

In my current sandbox I like to launch several competing nations and they all use unique and individual mods to make up their ships like Tantares for the Soviets etc etc. I like to differentiate the crews by renaming them and changing their textures and the different national flags on their space ships. If I add new custom ribbons will Final Frontier be able to pick them up? This morning I made a bunch of 'badges' so that I can easily identify the nationality of the crew. If you like them you're free to use.

E9l2SrK.png

archive

• 2 weeks later...
In my current sandbox I like to launch several competing nations and they all use unique and individual mods to make up their ships like Tantares for the Soviets etc etc. I like to differentiate the crews by renaming them and changing their textures and the different national flags on their space ships. If I add new custom ribbons will Final Frontier be able to pick them up? This morning I made a bunch of 'badges' so that I can easily identify the nationality of the crew. If you like them you're free to use.

I like THIS! I've been working on something similiar...an "RPG mode" where I am going to run games with different nations in career mode, but hell I was just going to put everything on paper. I will totally borrow some of those if you don't mind :)

First of all, thanks for the mod. It adds a lot to the game for me. I was wondering if you would consider some ideas for features that I have. I don't know if these have been mentioned before...

1. Allow you to spend science points to improve (decrease) your Kerbalnauts stupidity rating. I don't know about other players but after I have completed the tech tree I have lots of science points that go to waste.

2. Track how much science and or funds each Kerbalnaut earns for you.

Just some thoughts. Again, thanks for the mod.

Is there anyway that this could work with DMP. I love the mod and it add that little bit of flare that make the Kerbals that more interesting. I know that it places a file in you save folder but whenever you add ribbons, leave the server, and then get back in they are no longer there. If anyone has any help it would be awesome!

I have occasional errors with this mod. Sometimes a mission do not get recorded at all. It have happened at least with two Apollo -style missions to Duna and Eeloo. Kerbals did not get more mission numbers and mission time. Sometimes Kerbals get false ribbons. At least somebody have "launch of heavy vessel" -ribbon much larger than any of my manned launches during current thread. One guy got about 6000 days too much mission time. Can this be conflict between Mechjeb and FinalFrontier? I use 32 bit Windows version and some other mods. I have also thought that is it possible that moving kerbals with Ship Manifest mod causes false behaviour.

I have occasional errors with this mod. Sometimes a mission do not get recorded at all. It have happened at least with two Apollo -style missions to Duna and Eeloo. Kerbals did not get more mission numbers and mission time. Sometimes Kerbals get false ribbons. At least somebody have "launch of heavy vessel" -ribbon much larger than any of my manned launches during current thread. One guy got about 6000 days too much mission time. Can this be conflict between Mechjeb and FinalFrontier? I use 32 bit Windows version and some other mods. I have also thought that is it possible that moving kerbals with Ship Manifest mod causes false behaviour.

on thing i have noticed, apropos of nothing, is that anyone who gets within vessle load range (i.e. 2.3k) of my minimus base gets "mission time" equal to the first module of that base, something like 1.75 years now.

I have noticed many of these same problems. Hopefully in .25, the stat tracking that is mentioned as a Admin building function will give this mod some stock game data that it can use to replace the stat tracking problems we have been reporting.

as per maxmaps' ".25 plan" post "Recovering Kerbals will now reward your reputation based on where they’ve been (and what they’ve done there), and their accomplishments will be stored in persistent ‘career’ logs for each crewmember."

Edited by jpkerman

I've had a similar case of a mission miscount, but I was fortunate it happened early, so I can give details (and provide savegame backups with the FF files if requested)

I also play with a lot of mods, including MechJeb2. And I play BTSM career.

Jebediah Kerman had flown 3 missions, but it was reporting it as 2. I looked back over the screenshots I had.

1: In atmosphere rocket flight. Landed by parachute on top of the VAB. Jeb went EVA and couldn't reach the hatch. First the rocket and the Jeb were recovered at the Tracking Centre.

FF log shows a complete mission.

2: Another in atmosphere rocket flight. Landed by parachute near KSC. Jeb went EVA and couldn't reach the hatch again. First the rocket and the Jeb were recovered at the Tracking Centre.

3. A suborbital flight. Landed by parachute up in the highlands west of KSC. Jeb went EVA but this time could get back into the Mk1. Spacecraft was recovered at the Tracking Centre.

This is when I noticed that Jeb's mission count was 2 instead of the 3 it should be. Looking at the log now, it's missiong the entry "Jebediah Kerman has returned from a mission" for the 1st mission. Looking at the screenshots for that mission, I see that entry which is now missing. Unfortunately, the screenshots for the 2nd mission don't show the log entries for the 1st mission, so I don't know if that missing entry was there or not at that time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.