[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

So now that Kerbals have fixed roles, how's about tying the blue, green and red ribbons to the experience levels? I.E. Jeb will start with a "Qualified Operations" ribbon (maybe rename Ops to Piloting), and upgrade on leveling up his pilot skill.

I kind of hate the change (yay, now the game is forcing me to use "stupid" scientists), but there's no going back now...

You are not forced, we can fire Kerbals now. My first order of business in any new career game is to fire Jeb and Bill.

Bob does not have the courage I look for in new hires but he is smart enough to stay. All other new applicants need at least half courage (preferably more) and less then a quarter stupidity to qualify for my space program :)

So now that Kerbals have fixed roles, how's about tying the blue, green and red ribbons to the experience levels? I.E. Jeb will start with a "Qualified Operations" ribbon (maybe rename Ops to Piloting), and upgrade on leveling up his pilot skill.

I kind of hate the change (yay, now the game is forcing me to use "stupid" scientists), but there's no going back now...

I have already thought about that. Also about ribbons for scientific achievements or fullfilling contracts. Well no more work until mid of January. :) And KSP 0.90 is awesome (dispite a few minor glitches), so I'm playing KSP again. :)

Edited by Nereid

I installed this mod the other day but none of my kerbals are getting ribbon awards. I installed it with a career already in progress so I don;t know if that has anything to do with it. I tried manually awarding them for the things they have done but couldnt figure out how.

Career/Science doesn't matter. Currently you can manually add ribbons by editing the halloffame.ksp. But this option will go away in one of the next releases. FF will not award ribbon because of historic achievements. Only current achievement with FF installed will be recorded.

I'm playing Career at the moment and FF seems to work well in 0.90. Expect a version compiled against 0.90 in the next few days.

Career/Science doesn't matter. Currently you can manually add ribbons by editing the halloffame.ksp. But this option will go away in one of the next releases. FF will not award ribbon because of historic achievements. Only current achievement with FF installed will be recorded.

I'm playing Career at the moment and FF seems to work well in 0.90. Expect a version compiled against 0.90 in the next few days.

Even new achievements aren't awarding anyone ribbons. I docked for the first time with .25 (I hadn't played in a while) and still didn't get any ribbons. I haven't given up on this mod because it sounds awesome and it works for everyone else. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Look forward to the .90 version of this mod. This is one of my favorite mods and the first one I install when making a new career with new versions of KSP so I have accurate ribbons and experience data on all my kerbals.

Thanks Nereid!

Even new achievements aren't awarding anyone ribbons. I docked for the first time with .25 (I hadn't played in a while) and still didn't get any ribbons. I haven't given up on this mod because it sounds awesome and it works for everyone else. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Strange. You could send me you save and I'll take a look.

But a question: have you extracted the plugin directly to GameData without any changes to the path? Missing ribbon graphics can cause this, because this will disable specific (or all) ribbons. Please check if you have a folder GameData/Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons in your KSP installation and check if this folder is empty.

And general tip: if somebody don't want a specific ribbon (or it won't work correctly), just delete the ribbon graphics in GameData/Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons.

Look forward to the .90 version of this mod. This is one of my favorite mods and the first one I install when making a new career with new versions of KSP so I have accurate ribbons and experience data on all my kerbals.

Thanks Nereid!

It's safe to use the current version in 0.90. I will recompile against 0.90 in the next few days. Then I will have to do something about the "multiple savegame problem".

Edited by Nereid

When the time comes here's another example for you from ContractConfigurator - it's a *very* generic data store for saving values within the save game:

PersistantDataStore.cs. If you want to use it, please take this post as me officially waiving the ShareAlike clause for this code for Nereid (ie. you can re-release under the BSD2 license).

I'm not quite sure, if I will use it. I'm currently examining it and I will first try to figure out how it works. If its simple to use the KSP-buildin persistence API to store the data in the persistence file directly, maybe I will try an own solution. Not because your's is bad. But now I'm in the right mood, to try it myself. ;)

But your code is a great help as an example and a good starting point to figure out how it works. Even if I will use my own code, you will get a credit for that. :)

My Kerbals don't seem to be accumulating mission time after 0.90. I just sent a Kerbal to the Mun and back and he still says 0 missions and 0 time spent in missions. He still got awarded all appropriate badges for the mission (eva, g-forces etc). Just no record of the mission having taken place...

Nice to know this is still there. I thought I was going to have to start over my current game in order to give Jeb his ribbons.

Nice to know this is still there. I thought I was going to have to start over my current game in order to give Jeb his ribbons.

If your restart your careers, be aware that I will try to add statistics for fulfilled contracts and science. I'm not quite sure if this is possible but if this could be done, you may want to restart again, because Jebediah wont receive his merits for his first missions. ;)

Adding the ribbons to the persistence file is done. But I will have to test it a bit.

Unfortunately the KSP-AVC file wasn't changed for 0.90 in the last release. And because Visual Studio has compiled for a debug build the last version (and I'm testing and releasing release builds; they don't differ but stored in different paths and were not copied by my build scripts), I'm not sure if the last one was really updated. Microsoft... I have never changed the build, but after adding the 0.90 libs debug build was selected. For about an hour I was puzzled why none of my changes in the code were reflected ingame...

Is it possible to use Final Frontier without Toolbar?

Yes. Since a few releases. Just don't extract the 000_Toolbar folder or change FF in the config to use the stock toolbar (yes, you could use FF with the stock toolbar and blizzys toolbar installed :)).

Final Frontier 0.5.11-246 released

New features:

• Data now stored in ksp persistence file
  • New ribbons for completing a number of contracts or doing research on a mission
  • Reseach/Contracts are tracked for each kerbal

Important: This is the first release that will replace the halloffame.ksp. If you use this relase or a later one, there is no way back! You can't add ribbons by editing the halloffame.ksp anymore then!

Please make a backup of your save game before starting KSP with this release!

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I don't get it to work with 0.90. I've tried all kinds of versions including 0.5.11.-246. I also tried reinstalling the game and starting a whole new game, but the FF button is just not appearing, neither in the VAB, nor in map view or anywhere else. Any ideas? :)

Thanks in advance!

My Kerbals don't seem to be accumulating mission time after 0.90. I just sent a Kerbal to the Mun and back and he still says 0 missions and 0 time spent in missions. He still got awarded all appropriate badges for the mission (eva, g-forces etc). Just no record of the mission having taken place...

I have tested this quite a few times the last days and its working for me.

That would be fine. 32x32 px would be better. But I will take 32x16 px if it fits to the current icons.

You can get the icon here in 32x32 px. You will only see a white box, but that's because the icon is white with a transparant background. If you want a other color or background, just let me know.

Another question:

Any ideas out there how to detect a repair event in KSP? I would really like to implement ribbon for repairing something in space, on Mun, ... But I'm struggling with the KSP events and still haven't found any useful for that purpose.

BTW: While time was limited I had done some work on supporting celestial body addons. It's not forgotten, but I will have to test this against some mods.

Another question:

Any ideas out there how to detect a repair event in KSP? I would really like to implement ribbon for repairing something in space, on Mun, ... But I'm struggling with the KSP events and still haven't found any useful for that purpose.

BTW: While time was limited I had done some work on supporting celestial body addons. It's not forgotten, but I will have to test this against some mods.

Oh man, I would absolutely love to have support for Planet Factory. It's the only planet mod I tend to use since it has the most well done planets in my opinion.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I don't get it to work with 0.90. I've tried all kinds of versions including 0.5.11.-246. I also tried reinstalling the game and starting a whole new game, but the FF button is just not appearing, neither in the VAB, nor in map view or anywhere else. Any ideas? :)

Thanks in advance!

Most errors are caused by installation errors. Just extract the archive into the KSP main folder (or extract the GamteData contents of the archive into your GameData folder). Don't change any paths! Textures are identified by there names which includes their paths. if you are using blizzys toolbar, then you will have to configure the visible buttons first. If you are not using it, you should see a button in the stock toolbar.

But I will write you a private message for further help.

EDIT: Problem solved. Maybe a virus scanner has caused this. Nothing is known for sure.

Edited by Nereid