[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

12 hours ago, reschke said:

Here is the link to the KSP.log file here

The player file is the most recent and the player-prev file is the last working one with just Kerbalized suits mod active. Link to the player.log and player-prev.log

Humm… This is interesting...

[LOG 21:42:34.042] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[WRN 21:42:34.044] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'VesselViewerContinued' has not met dependency 'ClickThroughBlocker' V1.0.0
[WRN 21:42:34.044] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'VesselViewerContinued' has not met dependency 'ToolbarController' V1.0.0
[WRN 21:42:34.044] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'VesselViewerContinued' is missing 2 dependencies
[WRN 21:42:34.044] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'VesselViewerContinued' has not met dependency 'ClickThroughBlocker' V1.0.0
[WRN 21:42:34.044] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'VesselViewerContinued' has not met dependency 'ToolbarController' V1.0.0
[WRN 21:42:34.044] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'VesselViewerContinued' is missing 2 dependencies

Remove (temporarily) VesselViewerContinued from your rig and see if it "fixes" the problem. I think VVC is the real trigger for the problem, and not FF - what renders @Brigadiercorrect since the beginning (sorry dude!).

If I'm right and removing VVC fixes he problem, then install it back as well the missing dependencies above (ClickThroughBlocker and Toolbar Controller) and you will have a working rig *with* VVC installed.

If the problem still persists after removing VVC, send the new KSP.log and let's see who else is borking on you.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

Humm… This is interesting...

[LOG 21:42:34.042] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

Remove (temporarily) VesselViewerContinued from your rig and see if it "fixes" the problem. I think VVC is the real trigger for the problem, and not FF - what renders @Brigadiercorrect since the beginning (sorry dude!).

If I'm right and removing VVC fixes he problem, then install it back as well the missing dependencies above (ClickThroughBlocker and Toolbar Controller) and you will have a working rig *with* VVC installed.

If the problem still persists after removing VVC, send the new KSP.log and let's see who else is borking on you.

Cheers!

Removed VVC and added Clickthroughblocker and Toolbar Controller then restarted. Here is the player log and the KSP Log.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screen grabs from my phone are linked in the Spoiler.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The error message this time says the following but the ModuleManager.dll is loaded in the Gamedata folder and not hiding inside any of the mods or mod subfolders

[LOG 10:59:01.688] [ModuleManagerWatchDog] DETAIL: "Houston, we have a Problem!" was displayed about : ModuleManager.dll <b>must be</b> directly on GameData and not inside any subfolder. Please move ModuleManager.dll directly into GameData.

Edited by reschke

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

what renders @Brigadiercorrect since the beginning (sorry dude!).

No worries.  The community does a great job offering what help it can.  I don't profess to be an expert and gladly will admit when (not if :rolleyes:) I'm mistaken.

Glad to see the problem being resolved.

@Lisias I removed FF and the game loaded and seems to be working correctly. I am going to reload VVC here in a few minutes and restart and see what happens. As of right now it seems that whatever that KSPUtil function points at is jacked up on and isn't allowing the game to load properly.

2 hours ago, reschke said:

Screen grabs from my phone are linked in the Spoiler.

I can't access these pictures.  They're probably private.

Something is truly strange.  I've never seen so many notifications about two modal dialog boxes trying to open at the same time.

1 minute ago, Brigadier said:

I can't access these pictures.  They're probably private.

Something is truly strange.  I've never seen so many notifications about two modal dialog boxes trying to open at the same time.

Give it a try again. I just redid the links on the images.

12 minutes ago, reschke said:

Give it a try again. I just redid the links on the images.

Those worked, thanks.  You can embed pictures here by taking screenshots with MS Snip, uploading to Imgur and posting a link here.  Might be easier than using your phone.  YMMV.

So you fixed the MM problem by removing all ModuleManager.dll files from your install and put one, new one (v4.2.1) in GameData, right?

Rats, now I can't download your logs :huh:.   It worked once.

24 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Those worked, thanks.  You can embed pictures here by taking screenshots with MS Snip, uploading to Imgur and posting a link here.  Might be easier than using your phone.  YMMV.

So you fixed the MM problem by removing all ModuleManager.dll files from your install and put one, new one (v4.2.1) in GameData, right?

Rats, now I can't download your logs :huh:.   It worked once.

Yep found and removed the extra MM files that were screwed up thanks to weird file structures. I usually use Imgur or Gyazo to grab screen shots but I happened to have my phone handy and it was easier than using snip for the 1-2 seconds that the second screen was up.

Has anyone heard from Nereid or reached out about taking over FF? I saw that the last time his profile showed activity here was back in February of 2021. Just wondering if it might be worth it to at least ask.

1 hour ago, reschke said:

Has anyone heard from Nereid or reached out about taking over FF? I saw that the last time his profile showed activity here was back in February of 2021. Just wondering if it might be worth it to at least ask.

I can try to contact him, adopt if he's OK with it.  But all I would do is rebuild for 1.12 and add my standard checks, as well as CTB

4 hours ago, reschke said:

Found an ANCIENT outdated ModuleManager lurking in Comorant Aeronology 1.5.1

now I got it!!!! :)

Some add'ons are packed into… "unorthodox" ways. They are not exactly wrong, it's only a different mindset from the one this Community ended up settling as years passed.

Cormorant Aeronology is packed using a directory with the add'on name and version:

PQlirm7.png

The "Cormorant Aeronology 1.5.1" directory IS NOT MEANT to be copied into the GameData, only its contents (in the right panel above).

Giving another look on your KSP.log, and now that I know what to look I found:

Spoiler
000_ClickThroughBlocker
000_USITools
001_ToolbarControl
999_KSP-Recall
ASET
AxialAerospace
B9PartSwitch
Benjee10_MMSEV
Benjee10_sharedAssets
Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter
Benjee10_stowaway
Bluedog_DB
Chatterer
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
Cormorant Aeronology
Cormorant Aeronology 1.5.1             <--- HERE!!!!
CryoTanks
DeployableEngines
DMagicScienceAnimate
DynamicBatteryStorage
EasyVesselSwitch
ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads
FarFutureTechnologies
Firespitter
FlexoDocking
HabTech2
HabTechProps
htRobotics
HullCameraVDS
JSI
KAS
KerbalizedSuits
Kerbalized_Suits-1.0                    <--- HERE!!!!
KerbalReusabilityExpansion
Kerbaltek
KIS
LithobrakeExplorationTechnologies
MechJeb2
ModuleManagerWatchDog
NavyFish
NearFutureAeronautics
NearFutureExploration
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSpacecraft
Nereid
NovaPunch
PlumeParty
ProbeControlRoom
reDIRECT
ReStock
ReStockPlus
SCANsat
SimpleAdjustableFairings
SimpleContractDisplay
SolarScience
SpaceDust

Stock folder: Squad
Stock folder: SquadExpansion

StationPartsExpansionRedux
StationScience
SurfaceLights
SystemHeat
TrackingStationEvolved
TransparentPods
TundraExploration
TundraTechnologies
TweakScale
UmbraSpaceIndustries
UniversalStorage2
VexarpIVA
Waterfall
WildBlueIndustries
__LOCAL
666_ModuleManagerWatchDog.dll
999_Scale_Redist.dll
ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll

Look for the Kerbalized_Suits! Same problem.

I think that you ended up installing things in the wrong place, and somehow this triggered that weird problem on FF. Recompiling it will not solve the problem, so.

Remove the following folders:

• Cormorant Aeronology
  • Cormorant Aeronology 1.5.1
  • KerbalizedSuits
  • Kerbalized_Suits-1.0 

Then reinstall Kerbalized Suits and Cormorant Aeronology - but being carefull to only install the contents of the Cormorant Aernology 1.5.1 and Kerbalized_Suits-1.0 folders into the GameData. Ignore any ModuleManager DLL you find on them. Ignore the Firespitter.dll too, this DLL does not works with modern KSP, you need the most recent package that you can find here: https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases/tag/v7.17

Cheers!

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I can try to contact him, adopt if he's OK with it.  But all I would do is rebuild for 1.12 and add my standard checks, as well as CTB

I've sent him a message, but since it seems it was just some other mods badly installed, I'm not holding my breath for this.

On 3/18/2022 at 4:53 PM, Lisias said:

Remove the following folders:

• Cormorant Aeronology
  • Cormorant Aeronology 1.5.1
  • KerbalizedSuits
  • Kerbalized_Suits-1.0 

Then reinstall Kerbalized Suits and Cormorant Aeronology - but being carefull to only install the contents of the Cormorant Aernology 1.5.1 and Kerbalized_Suits-1.0 folders into the GameData. Ignore any ModuleManager DLL you find on them. Ignore the Firespitter.dll too, this DLL does not works with modern KSP, you need the most recent package that you can find here: https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases/tag/v7.17

Cheers!

Haven't been around much since Friday evening my time but I will give it a shot. I went through late Friday afternoon and pulled all the MM dll files out except for the 4.2.1 version that is showing and found the multiple folders as well and moved all those items into one folder under Gamedata.

As far as Firespitter goes I was already using the V7.17 download and I had installed it manually; but the Comorant (aka Shuttle Lifting Body) and Kerbalized Suits were done via CKAN.

Edited by reschke

Just tried reinstalling Final Frontier after confirming all the steps from @Lisias in the previous post. Still getting the same error message in the log file pointing at the following in the spoiler. Here is the newest KSP.log

Spoiler

[LOG 20:50:22.548] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Startup' from assembly 'ModuleManagerWatchDog'
[LOG 20:50:22.549] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ModuleManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager'
[LOG 20:50:22.562] [ModuleManager] Adding post patch to the loading screen 4
[LOG 20:50:22.565] [ModuleManager] Patching started on a new thread, all output will be directed to I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Logs\ModuleManager\ModuleManager.log
[LOG 20:50:22.567] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Startup' from assembly 'ClickThroughBlocker'
[LOG 20:50:22.568] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ConfigInfo' from assembly 'ToolbarController'
[LOG 20:50:22.569] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Startup' from assembly 'ToolbarController'
[LOG 20:50:22.569] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'RegisterToolbarBlizzyOptions' from assembly 'ToolbarController'
[LOG 20:50:22.570] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Startup' from assembly 'KSPe.Light.Recall'
[LOG 20:50:22.570] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Startup' from assembly 'KSP-Recall'
[LOG 20:50:22.571] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'PrefabManagerInstant' from assembly 'B9PartSwitch'
[LOG 20:50:22.572] [B9PartSwitch.UI.TooltipHelper] created subtype info tooltip prefab
[LOG 20:50:22.573] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ConfigSettings' from assembly 'PlanetsideExplorationTechnologies'
[LOG 20:50:22.580] [PlanetsideExplorationTechnologies] Settings loaded
[LOG 20:50:22.581] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'DynamicBatteryStorage' from assembly 'DynamicBatteryStorage'
[LOG 20:50:22.581] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'LibraryLoader' from assembly 'KSPDev_Utils.2.6-EVS'
[LOG 20:50:22.594] Loading KSPDevUtils: EasyVesselSwitch/Plugins/KSPDev_Utils.2.6-EVS.dll (v2.6.0.0)
[LOG 20:50:22.596] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'UILoader' from assembly 'FarFutureTechnologies'
[LOG 20:50:22.596] [FFT][FFTUILoader]: Loading UI Prefabs
[WRN 20:50:22.602] The referenced script (DraggableWindow) on this Behaviour is missing!
[WRN 20:50:22.602] The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'AMWindow') is missing!
[LOG 20:50:22.604] [FFT][FFTUILoader]: Loaded UI Prefabs
[LOG 20:50:22.605] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Startup' from assembly 'HullcamVDSContinued'
[LOG 20:50:22.606] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Logger' from assembly 'MiniAVC'
[LOG 20:50:22.607] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'JSIAdvTransparentPods' from assembly 'JSIAdvTransparentPods'
[LOG 20:50:22.608] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Startup' from assembly 'JSIPartUtilities'
[LOG 20:50:22.609] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KASAPILauncher' from assembly 'KAS'
[LOG 20:50:22.678] Loading KAS API v2 from: KAS/Plugins/KAS.dll (v1.10.7963.36977)
[LOG 20:50:22.678] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'LibraryLoader' from assembly 'KSPDev_Utils.2.6-KAS'
[LOG 20:50:22.679] Loading KSPDevUtils: KAS/Plugins/KSPDev_Utils.2.6-KAS.dll (v2.6.0.0)
[LOG 20:50:22.680] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KISAddonCursor' from assembly 'KIS'
[LOG 20:50:22.682] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KISAddonConfig' from assembly 'KIS'
[LOG 20:50:22.684] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'LibraryLoader' from assembly 'KSPDev_Utils.2.6'
[LOG 20:50:22.685] Loading KSPDevUtils: KIS/Plugins/KSPDev_Utils.2.6.dll (v2.6.7847.1936)
[LOG 20:50:22.686] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Logger' from assembly 'MiniAVC-V2'
[LOG 20:50:22.687] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Starter' from assembly 'MiniAVC-V2'
[LOG 20:50:22.688] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'CompatibilityChecker' from assembly 'MechJeb2'
[LOG 20:50:22.689] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Startup' from assembly 'WatchDogForInterstellarRedist'
[LOG 20:50:22.689] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Startup' from assembly 'WatchDogForScaleRedist'
[LOG 20:50:22.690] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'RenameWindow' from assembly 'ModuleDockingNodeNamed'
[LOG 20:50:22.690] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'FinalFrontier' from assembly 'FinalFrontier'
[ERR 20:50:22.691] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 20:50:22.691] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[EXC 20:50:22.695] TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver:lastVesselSurfacePosition' (7) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.FinalFrontier' threw an exception.
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    <LoadObjects>d__90:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
    GameDatabase:StartLoad()
    <LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
    LoadingScreen:Start()
[EXC 20:50:22.695] TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver:lastVesselSurfacePosition' (7) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.FinalFrontier' threw an exception.
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated Information
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just pulled Final Frontier from the mods and restarted the game and it is loading correctly. I can't come up with any other reason the game doesn't work with it installed.

Edited by reschke

2 hours ago, reschke said:

Just tried reinstalling Final Frontier after confirming all the steps from @Lisias in the previous post. Still getting the same error message in the log file pointing at the following in the spoiler. Here is the newest KSP.log

Ugh. Let's dig into this mess and see what we find.

The interesting thing about this KSP bug on Assembly Resolver is that only the first Reflection exception is "valid", all the others are collateral damages caused by the bug being triggered by the first occurrence.

On your last log, the first occurrence is:

Spoiler

See the "TypeLoadException"? This is the very first problem on your KSP.log, so (unless we have something hiding exceptions inside KSP or other Add'On) this is the one that triggered the KSP bug (and, again, this doesn't makes the FF the culprit, just the innocent bystander that had the bad luck of being caught in the crossfire).

Problem: KSPUtil is a Stock Assembly, it's always there, as it's loaded with KSP itself. And FF is not the problem neither, because I downloaded it and tested it myself on my rig (KSP 1.12.3 running under MacOS), and there's nothing wrong on it - at least on my rig. And, yeah, I had installed TweakScale too.

So we have to figure out why, by Kraken's sake, KSPUtil is borking for you.

The first hypothesis is your KSPUtil being corrupted (perhaps a leftover of a previous KSP?) or missing (pretty unlikely, but not impossible). I still think KSPUtil is involved some how because on your previous Player.log, I found this:

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Uploading Crash Report
TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver:lastVesselSurfacePosition' (7) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

There's another mishap on the KSP's Assembly Resolver, the ADDON BINDER "error" message. They are issued not only when you try to  load something and fail, but also when you check if something exists (what's legal and doesn't trigger any bugs on KSP!) without loading it - what, frankly, is how we should load Assemblies at first place: first we check if the thing was already loaded, and if not we load the damned thing.

Since we have two ADDON BINDER messages, the code trying to load FF is initially doing the right thing:

"Humm… FF is trying to use this Vector3d thingy, and on its BoM ["Bill of Materials" - the real name is Symbol Table or something like that] it's said it can be found on this KSPUtil Assembly. But KSPUtil wasn't loaded yet, I just checked [The first ADDON Binder message], so I need to find the respective DLL somewhere on the search path and load it [the second ADDON BINDER one]. But, wait… Where in hell is that KSPUtil dll?? Now I can't load FF, nobody told me what to do now and so I will get mad and will screw everybody else!"

So everything pinpoints this as the cause (or as the first known symptom of something else that, in your specific case, may be being hidden somehow).

We are stuck right now, and there's no other alternative as to go Combinatorial Analysis on this problem: essentially, removing everything from your GameData and adding it back one by one until the problem happens.

And, yeah, this is a huge pain in the SAS, I know. :/

Anyway, by plain "luck" (it could start with T :P), Final Frontier lives on a folder starting with "N", so we have a relatively long list of Add'Ons that could be (and I guessing, the true is that we still don't know what's really happening) causing this problem - KSP starts to load things in alphabetical order.

So, let's go. Assuming you are absolutely sure your KSP binaries are OK (checking them using Steam, or by downloading a new copy), move everything from the GameData into a temp place (except Squad and SquadExpansion, of course) and fire up your KSP. Open you r KSP.log and search for the word "Exception". You should not find none, otherwise your KSP binaries are compromised.
Now, move back ModuleManager, Final Frontier and its dependencies (if any) and nothing else. Fire up KSP and check KSP.log for exceptions, again you should find none - otherwise we are screwed, because your FF is causing problems.

Spoiler

Intermission

Hummm… What's your FF version and from where you downloaded it?

Then move the following folders back:

1. 000_ClickThroughBlocker
  2. 000_USITools
  3. 001_ToolbarControl
  4. 999_KSP-Recall
  5. ASET
  6. AxialAerospace
  7. B9PartSwitch
  8. Benjee10_MMSEV
  9. Benjee10_sharedAssets
  10. Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter
  11. Benjee10_stowaway
  12. Bluedog_DB
  13. Chatterer
  14. CommunityCategoryKit
  15. CommunityResourcePackCommunityTechTree
  16. Cormorant Aeronology
  17. CryoTanks
  18. DeployableEngines
  19. DMagicScienceAnimate
  20. DynamicBatteryStorage
  21. EasyVesselSwitch
  22. FarFutureTechnologies
  23. Firespitter
  24. FlexoDocking
  25. HabTech2
  26. HabTechProps
  27. htRobotics
  28. HullCameraVDS
  29. JSI
  30. KAS
  31. KerbalizedSuits
  32. KerbalReusabilityExpansion
  33. Kerbaltek
  34. KIS
  35. LithobrakeExplorationTechnologies
  36. MechJeb2
  37. ModuleManagerWatchDog
  38. NavyFish
  39. NearFutureAeronautics
  40. NearFutureExploration
  41. NearFutureProps
  42. NearFuturePropulsion
  43. NearFutureSpacecraft
  44. Nereid

It's a lot. So I suggest you initially move them by "letter". First move back all the folders starting with "0", then with "A", them with "B", etc. Once you reproduce the problem, move the last batch out again, and then move them one by one until reproducing the problem.

The last Add'On added once the problem is reproduced is the one we need to inspect to see what in Kraken's name is happening here .

Good hunting! :P 

— — POST EDIT — — 

@reschke I found some log entries related to MiniAVC. Apparently they are the V2, the safe ones but, yet, install ZeroMiniAVC to get rig of eventual oldies lingering around.

I may or may not be related to this problem at hands, however.

— — POST POST EDIT — — 

Here is the Final Frontier being instantiated on my rig:

[LOG 23:56:18.130] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'FinalFrontier' from assembly 'FinalFrontier'
[LOG 23:56:18.134] FF: new vessel observer instance created
[LOG 23:56:18.135] FF: EventObserver:: registering events
[LOG 23:56:18.136] FF: creating hall of fame
[LOG 23:56:18.136] FF: new hall of fame instance created
[LOG 23:56:18.142] FF: new instance of Final Frontier
[LOG 23:56:18.143] FF: awakening Final Frontier
[LOG 23:56:18.182] FF: no config file: default configuration
[LOG 23:56:18.183] log level INFO
[LOG 23:56:18.183] FF: log level is INFO
[LOG 23:56:18.194] FF: FAR installed: False
[WRN 23:56:18.194] FF: changing masterTextureLimit to 0
[LOG 23:56:20.293] FF: new activity pool instance created
[LOG 23:56:20.294] FF: new ribbon pool instance created
[LOG 23:56:20.297] FF: new action pool instance created

and here in yours:

[LOG 20:50:22.690] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'FinalFrontier' from assembly 'FinalFrontier'

[EXC 20:50:22.695] TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver:lastVesselSurfacePosition' (7) due to: Could not load file o
	yada yada yada

I'm trying everything I have here from myself to see if I trigger something (ModuleManagerWatchDog is installed on your rig, so it's a potential suspect), but until this moment everything is working fine here.

But I'm on a Mac, so this doesn't completely rule out anything.

Edited by Lisias
post edit

11 hours ago, Lisias said:

I'm trying everything I have here from myself to see if I trigger something (ModuleManagerWatchDog is installed on your rig, so it's a potential suspect), but until this moment everything is working fine here.

But I'm on a Mac, so this doesn't completely rule out anything.

That mod was forced on my via CKAN...because it was a dependency for some other mod. Once I get finished with this quote for a customer this morning I am going to spend my lunch break tearing apart the KSP Gamedata folder ONE MORE TIME!

11 hours ago, Lisias said:

Fire up KSP and check KSP.log for exceptions, again you should find none - otherwise we are screwed, because your FF is causing problems.

Here is the KSP.log from the good run last night.

And the one from a quick boot up this morning and it shows Tweakcale had 6 parts fail "sanity checks"

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

Open you r KSP.log and search for the word "Exception". You should not find none, otherwise your KSP binaries are compromised.

No compromised binaries....no exceptions found when loading stock KSP.

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

Now, move back ModuleManager, Final Frontier and its dependencies (if any) and nothing else. Fire up KSP and check KSP.log for exceptions, again you should find none - otherwise we are screwed, because your FF is causing problems.

I'm thinking that my copy of FF is the culprit for sure right now. Here is the KSP.log file and it is showing the old faithful KSPUtil problem on my end.

That mod was forced on my via CKAN...because it was a dependency for some other mod.

It prevents a lot of problems that can happen while installing add'ons. Some things that were barely legal on KSP < 1.8.0 became nasty problems on KSP >= 1.8.0 and the WatchDog checks for some of them and barks on you every time it finds something known to cause problems.

My work load on TweakScale dropped hugely after I published it.

I'm thinking that my copy of FF is the culprit for sure right now. Here is the KSP.log file and it is showing the old faithful KSPUtil problem on my end.

Just check it. Yep:

Folders and files in GameData:
Nereid
Stock folder: Squad

Stock folder: SquadExpansion

ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree

[LOG 09:56:34.606] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ModuleManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager'
[LOG 09:56:34.618] [ModuleManager] Adding post patch to the loading screen 4
[LOG 09:56:34.620] [ModuleManager] Patching started on a new thread, all output will be directed to I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\
[LOG 09:56:34.622] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'FinalFrontier' from assembly 'FinalFrontier'
[ERR 09:56:34.625] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 09:56:34.625] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[EXC 09:56:34.629] TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver:lastVesselSurfacePositi
<yada yada yada>

Pretty clean installment, and the problem is there.

This is weird.

There's a situation where a compiled DLL using the Linux or MacOS managed DLLs from KSP will only run on the same Operating System it was compiled. You need to compile your code using the Window's managed DLLs (believe it or not, I found this one after a long debuging session with a dude using Windows, some years ago).

However, at least the FinalFrontier I downloaded for testing from this link on SpaceDock (the newest available on Change Log tab), by inspecting it on the binary level I got it it was compiled using FrameworkDisplayName = NET Framework 4.5 and into the directory Z:\Spiele\Kerbal Space Program\development\source\KerbalSpaceProgram\FinalFrontier\obj\Release\ (yep, the DLL tells you where you compiled it! I hope nobody start to think this is personal information, of the GDPR will ban our DLLs!!!) .

So, using Windows - pretty unlikely Nereid would download the MacOS or Linux versions to use their DLLs…. :) 

Well… All it remains to be done is to download the binary I linked above and give it a try...

38 minutes ago, Lisias said:

download the binary I linked above and give it a try...

Already done and after an hour of pulling one and restarting it would seem that the Spacedock one you linked is functioning on my system as it should now. Going to add in another mod and see what happens but the KSP.log file is not showing any problems with that KSPUtil error right now.

I have no clue where the version I got came from; the numbers on the download I had were 1.0.13-2539 and the version you linked is 1.10.0-3485.

Working FF, Squad and Squad Expansion KSP.log

I have no clue where the version I got came from; the numbers on the download I had were 1.0.13-2539 and the version you linked is 1.10.0-3485.

COMPLETELY MISSED that. :sticktongue:

The 1.0 FF was issued on the KSP 1.1.3 era!!! It's not a surprise it was not being able to load KSPUtil, Kraken knows how many changes on the symbol table the KSPUtil had suffered since 2016!!! :)

Oukey, I think your CKAN needs some attention. This kind of problem SHOULD HAD been prevented by it, it's tis job to update things unless you had installed FF by hand some time ago...

In a way or another, note to myself: CHECK YO STAGI, I meain, RELEASE DATES!! :D 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, krchow said:

https://imgur.com/QzZE9for some reason the badges are invisible, is there a fix?

QzZE9tG.png

You haven't given much to go on here.  Which versions of KSP and FF do you have installed?  What other mods?  Have you tried a game with just FF and any dependencies to confirm that it FF and not your install that's the problem?

Read this thread and post a link to your log file.

FF works for me in a stock planet, heavily modded save so I'm thinking FF might not be the root problem?

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.